Chapter 25

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I went to the mall – while I passed by this building – and stopped at the supermarket buying food and stuffs. Jessica was having a high fever and her father had listed ingredients - the do and don’t food – because she was weirdly picky especially for fruit and vegetables.

 

“Here’s the list Sooyoung. Thank you for giving your helping hands to us, Jung family.” Her father handed the list of food and stuffs that he wants.

 

Believe me everyone this family already stayed in this house for half a year already but the closet for the kitchen is empty.EMPTY.

 

What the…

 

I wanted to cook porridge for Jessica but when I opened the refrigerator, all I can find is just a little alone chicken egg and its mother – a punch-size of chicken . This question kept replay in my mind – how do they survive in this house?

 

*flashback*

I read the list given by Mr. Jung - one by one –and surprised that the list also written the ‘don’t buy’ things too.

 

“Mr. Jung can I asked you something?”

 

“Sure what is it?”

 

“What is this ‘don’t buy’ thing is all about,” I pointed the list to him.

 

He stared at the list and laughed, “Sooyoung you must be very surprised when I said this thing but for your own information,that fellow named Jessica is anti melons. Watermelon, squash, cucumber – just said those family in front of her she will feel nausea and itchy whole body.”

 

“Oh I see.”

 

*end of flashback*

 

As I walked around the mall, my eyes suddenly caught at the new jewellery shop that just opened – maybe a few days ago. With the handful of plastic bags in my hand I walked in to the shop.

“Welcome,” one of the workers bowed and smiled. I nodded my head and walked around the shop, fascinating with all the design displayed in the transparent closet. The arrangement of the jewellery in the shop is attracting – from necklace to bracelets, from rings to earrings – as I walked deeper to the shop, the price is getting higher but of course there is a reason why – the design is getting complicated yet appeared the desire of the viewer to stop and stare at the jewellery without blinking their eyes.

 

“Hi there,” greeted the worker in the shop, “is there anything that I can help you miss?”

 

I nodded my head, “Yes. I would like to buy necklace for my friend. My special friend. Even though that just met a couple months ago but it feels like have known each other very well.”

 

“I think there’s something that can fulfil your wish, miss. Please wait for a while,” she turned around to the closet that are placed behind her and opened the closet. She grabbed the deep maroon velvet box and took it out and placed it on the displaying closet.

 

“Necklace is the best present for special friend. It is obvious to see how special the person is. You can feel their sincerely to your friendship by wearing this jewellery. With its raw material is pure silver with extra plutonium, this jewellery appears shiny even from milesaway,” the workers said.

 

I nodded with every single word from her. Even I also attracted with the speciality of the necklace. Not because of the design but right now I’m really high to the sky to buy it right now.

 

“Is there any similar necklace here in this shop?” I asked.

 

“Proudly I said no, miss. This is the only design and it is only available in this shop. And maybe in this entire world,” the worker answered, while took out one of the necklace from the box. “You can take a look at one of the necklace miss.”

 

The necklace is very special and I also fall in love with it. Without doubting, I say yes to the worker, accept her offer.

Hope you like it baby because I like it too.

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

Far from behind, she spotted her entering the cafe and talked to the one of the coming customer and they sat opposite to each other.

 

They must be talking about the incident. Aish! Why does detective does not give up and solve other case?

 

Or is that girl saw my face that day? It shouldn't be like that? I need to act fast or else I'll get busted.

 

She took out her bag at the back seat in her car. She wore her gloves then her black jacket.

 

I won't take a long time for someone weak like her. I'm not going to waste my time. Anyone who trying to block my way, they will had to pay for it.

 

 

Yoona’s POV



I walked slowly as soon as I stood at the door -my special patient, Yuri. Did I ever share the story to you? I breathe heavily– it’s a common exercise that I did almost every time before I stepped in front and greet her in the room and I don’t know why. This heart – I placed my palm in my chest beats fast without any reason why – as usual – every time I want to do medical check-up to Yuri. Is it because she’s the top model here in Korea?Am I afraid one day she’ll sue me because of my poor service?

I shook my head hard, trying to knock that crazy thought away. Be professional Yoona. As long as you give your best shot there’s nothing to be worry about, right?

But this time my heart beat with unexplainable rhythms. It beat very fast than before. Is this the sign of bad news?Nervously, I ran my pale hand through my shoulder-length hair. Hope that everything will be just fine.

I opened the door and saw Yuri lying at the bed– sleeping. Poor Yuri – she must have been waiting for a long time. Carelessly I pulled the curtain – let the Mr Sunshine penetrated his light into the room and bright the room. It was requested by Yuri itself – because Sooyoung said Yuri loves sunlight and bright room.

“Owh you’re coming Yoona. Good morning.” Yuri said with the smile on her face.

“Good morning to you Yuri. How do you feel today?” I walked closer to her dripper.

“I feel as strong as an iron. But yeah…my pain in my stomach can be felt but as long as I’m not move a lot so…”

“Yoona, can I ask you something?” she said.

“Yes Yuri, what is it?” I asked, without turning my head towards her. Focusing on the reading displayed in the machine, I’m sure that couple of days Yuri can leave the room.

Long silence filled the empty space of the room.

“Yuri?” I turned my head towards her. To my surprise she now holding a red velvet bow, the cover was opened, and the shiny necklace from the box almost blind my eyes – thanks to the light from outside. 

It’s so beautiful.



Yuri’s POV



“Hello?”

“Hi, Sooyoung. Are you busy right now?”

“Nu uh, why?”

“I just want to say thank you Sooyoung. Thank you for the necklace and thank you for your great choice. Really. Even I never expect that your demands towards jewellery are upper class.”

Small laugh can be heard from the side. She must be giggled right now. “Anything for you, Yuri. Anything.”

Both us did not talk – even a single noise can be heard either from both side. Guilty filled my mind – I never thought that she did not angry or mad – or out of control when our last meet right here in my room.

“Sooyoung,” I tried my best to continue our conversation on phone.

“Hmm…” she replied, “what is it?”

“I…” this is the best time for you to say it Yuri. Hwaiting! “I’m sorry, Sooyoung.”

“Sorry for what, Yuri?” her voice was lowered.That was her best voice, sincere voice with full of concern and care. Sincere voice that I had loved long time ago.

“Sorry for everything, Sooyoung. Sorry for break you down. I’m sorry for letting you know this. It needs full of strength to tell you this entire thing, Sooyoung. I’m so sorry. You can mad at me, yelled at me right now. I know I made mistake and this is the biggest mistakes that I ever done, to you Sooyoung. I’m so sorry, Sooyoung. I…”

“Okay,enough.” She replied with the high tone of her voice. I already expected this long time ago before this; I am ready for any punishment from her, because I did not appreciate her love. And now I am ready to face the truth. Yes this is the time for me to get punishment for my stupid act.

“Yuri, my first intention for you during my first visit to the hospital is this – your eyes sparkling when seeing Yoona wondering around in your room and you does not stop yourself from smiling – and I realised that Yuri. Even though we talked but your eyes never stop from following her behind – and you just said uh huh and yeah even though I’m not asking you – how could you Yuri?” 

“I’m sorry Sooyoung. I’m sorry. I know it’s my entire fault, Sooyoung.” I could not control myself from feeling guilty. My heart soaked with tears and now I can felt the streamed tears now travelled through my cheeks right now.

“Are you crying, Yuri? Well then, pause your tears first as I had lots of things to say.” From the phone I heard something unusual. Something like flapping pages on book. And it is in slow motion.

“Here is your debt for letting me to choose your necklace for Yoona. Do you know that I had to go to ATM before buy those necklaces? Do you know that I had to stand for a long time - waiting for my turn? I thought that I wanted to use Visa card but poor thing is that I forgot to bring mine. Do you know that I had to waste lots time just because of your necklace?” she said in high tone – but I can detect that she just playing around.

“And I won’t let you go free just like that,Yuri. Money should pay with money and I had listed down what is your punishment, Yuri. I won’t let you go like that,”

“What is your wish?” I asked.

“You must inform me once you can be charged out from the hospital,” she said cheerfully, “Yoona said you can free in couples of days. And after that you must made me a gallon of coffee. How I miss your aromatic coffee so much Yuri. How could you leave me for al long time desperate for your coffee?” she joked.

I wiped away my tears on my cheeks, “okay I will. Thank you, Sooyoung. Thank you for everything, really and I’m not kidding. Thank you for understanding and thank you for not knock me down even though I had done something bad to you. Thank you, Sooyoung. You’re the greatest friend that I ever seen.”

“Only thank you? Not more than that? Nahh…I’m just kidding. You’re welcome Yuri. Take a good care of Yoona okay? That innocent look girl, she too pure for you to play around with.” She said.

“Yes I will, Sooyoung. Thank you Sooyoung, once again. Hope that you will find your soul mate one day. They must be the luckiest person that ever lives in this world having you as their soul mate in their life.”

“And you’re the unluckiest person for letting me go just like this. Hahaha... I’m just kidding. Have a nice day Yuri. Take a rest now the day is getting late. I don’t want you to disturb me now. I need a space. How could you leave me like this and asked me to buy present to your girlfriend? Hahaha… I’m just kidding. Good night, Yuri. God bless you.” She giggled before end up the call.

“Good night to you too, Sooyoung,” I said before off the conversation. 

Thank you, Sooyoung for being understanding.Thank you for your helping hands. I smiled alone, lying on the bed while staring at the clock.

Now where is Yoona? What makes her take a long time to go out?



*flashback*

The moment I opened the velvet box, she covered – tears appeared flowing from her doe-eyes, she stepped closer and suddenly snapped my face.

Ouch!

“I’m sorry Yuri. Are you feeling pain on your cheeks? Or you just are pretending.” She walked, wondering around the room. She placed her thumb on her chin and murmured herself. 

I think she thought that it just a prank.

She shook her head, and walked closer to where I lay. “Is there any hidden camera around this room? Am I in the reality show right now? Tell me Yuri, this is just a lying joke right?”

With the full of slumber, I shook my head and smiled. 

Once again, she covered with her palm, “but I’m just an ordinary person,Yuri. And you are the star of the country. What will people thought about this Yuri? You’re just kidding right? It just one of your common joke right?”

I took her hand and the other one which covered , “it doesn’t matter what people thought about this relationship Yoona. If those fans outside there are a real Yurisistable, they will accept my announcement about this relationship one day.Or I can leave my modelling world. Besides, I’m a pastry friend and those posing around and catwalk show is just the way I’m wasting my time actually.”

“Please come here,” I pulled her hands so that she could stood closer to my bed, “I’m so sorry for this bad body pose but hey not everyone can see me lying y just like this,” I took out one of the necklace in the box, “I should kneel during this moment but,” spontaneously Yoona bowed in front of me – so that I could wore the necklace for her, “I feel very awkward right now Yoona, really.”

She stood and touched the necklace slowly, reluctantly. “It’s a mad thing to say, Yuri,but I’ve never been so happy.”

“That’s all that I wanted to hear, Yoona. Glad to know that you like it, Yoona.” 

Suddenly,she stood from the place she bowed and grabbed her file on the table, “my shift is over now, Yuri, but don’t worry I’ll be right back.” She said before walked away to the door. She popped her head in between the door and said, “you will wait for me right?”

And I nodded my head. Yes Yoona, I won’t go anyway.

She smiled and waved goodbye before closed the door. As the echoes of her footsteps are getting slower and slower until none of the sound can be heard, I take a look at the necklace that was left alone in the box.

She brought a pair. I thought she just only buy one. 

I took out the remaining necklace from the velvet box, “but her taste about jewellery is marvellous. She’s great in choosing. I should thank Sooyoung for her help.

*end of flashback*



I stared at the clock once again – now what makes Yoona take so long to come here? Is she going home first? Never mind, as long she promised to come here. Yoona, I will wait for you.