Chapter 28

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

While waiting for Jessica to get herself ready,I watched television – eat the remaining snack and drink. After the show I watched is over, I switched off the television and cleaned the table – throw away the plastic to the dustbin.

I watched the clock on the wall. 5.45. She really needs lots of time to prepare herself for dinner.

I walked around the house to fill the empty time. The front door was made of blue and white stained-glass squares. There were lots of collections – encyclopaedias, files, journals and album pictures.

Antiques and oriental rugs were filled the spacious room. Old family photos lined the stairwell. The first picture showed three family members were sat together closely on the stairs. 

She must be Mrs Jung – I thought to myself. A little girl – around nine or ten – was sitting on the lap of the woman in the picture. Jessica looks different if compared to her parents. Mr Jung sat beside the woman – wrapping his arm around her.

I started toward the kitchen to get the broom to clean the floor in the living room when I heard the footsteps from above.“Sooyoung?” Jessica called.

I crossed the living room and stood still.Standing on the stair was Jessica, wearing a super-short and slinky red dress.I gasped with her extremely perfect figure with the dress.

“Are you seriously serious, Jessica?” I asked.

“Why do you say so?” her blurred face could be read even the makeup really appeared her milky skin very well.

I think she misunderstand my message. I thought to bring her to eat cold noodles – and not formal dinner.

“Why are you so beautiful tonight?” I paced to the front – offering my hand waiting for her to grab my hand and walk along.

I laughed quietly as her cheeks become an even deeper shade of red. “What are talking about, Sooyoung?” she said, walking down– grabbed and wrapped my hand while leaning her head on my arm.

Maybe it’s time for me to know her better – I mean even better. But the consequences are – more money to be spent tonight. I need to search the low budget restaurant – or else I can’t survive for few days to come before my salary.Aish, that Yuri she need to pay all this.

I started the car and pulled away.



Jessica’s POV

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“You’ll see. I’m taking you to an awesome spot.The view there is gorgeous. It will make you feel better.”

I relaxed into her seat. What would I do without her? I wondered. 

We sat quietly as Sooyoung drove across the residential area and headed to the town – no she also drove across the town. I sat up,trying to see where they were headed.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“First place we met – but – I tried to figure out is there any available restaurant that can show breath-taking view,” she turned her head and looked right through my eyes – and showed her awkward smile– before turned her head to the road.

Why? I thought she already booked a restaurant or something like that. What does she mean by ‘tried to figure it out’ here?

“Sooyoung, be sincere okay.”

“Okay,” she said – without looking at me.

“What is your first plan for tonight actually?”

“Ah! I just want to bring you to eat cold noodle…” she paused.

“What?” so she just want me to eat at the stall.Stupid Jessica. Just like what I said – don’t be too dreamy.

“But I don’t want to waste your time to change your clothes back. You look extremely gorgeous tonight – and I don’t want to waste it either.” She said while patted my hair.

She stopped her car in front of a huge – some kind of deserted house. “This is it,” she said, getting out of the car.

“This is it?” I echoed. I gazed up at the dark, hulking building. It looked as if it might crumble to the ground any second.

Sooyoung set out of the car and started for the door. “Come on, Jessica,” she urged. “There’s nothing to be afraid of.”

Reluctantly, I climbed out of the car and followed her. I jumped back as she knocked the building door and it suddenly open. 

I peered inside. The building was dark, lit only by the street light outside, empty space were here and there. This is not very romantic.

“I’m sorry,” I told her, “I don’t care how amazing the view is. I’m not going in there.” She grinned mischievously.

“I mean every single word, Sooyoung. I’m not going in there.” I insisted. She took my arm, “You have to come inside. I’ve got a surprise for you.”

She led me into the building, walking up to the stairs and stopped in front of the huge wooden-made door. She opened the door.“After you,” she said, motioning inside.

“Go on,” she added. “It’s perfectly safe. I promise.”

I peered inside the room. There is a huge curtain covering such a huge window. I almost see nothing in the room. Hoping for the light of the sun outside to bright the room – but it does not help much.

Then, I heard the sound – more and more footsteps can be heard behind me – and I turned my head around. There are many– shadows – or dark figures stood still in front me.



“What’s happening?” I cried.

No reply.

“Sooyoung?” I asked.

The door shut very hard. Bang! “Oops,” she said.She walked pass through the man in front me – and now she is the one who stood in front me, a wide grin plastered on her face. She hide her arms behind her back.

My heart pounded. This has to be a joke, I told myself. “What are you hiding at your back?”

Sooyoung grinned even wider. “This is your surprise.”