Chapter 5

Destined to Meet

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Even as I ran with all my strength to save the lady I knew that it was too late.

 

PONN‼! The sound came from the car. All pedestrian nearby surprised by the sound. I heard bad whisper among them.” The lady will so sure be hit by the car.”

 

With all my remaining energy (because I did not eat since morning), I ran towards her and pulled her hand. I hugged her so that she does not get high impact as we both fell on the pedestrian road.

 

Every man surrounded both us. “Ouch!” my heart cried. My hands were in pain because of the impact. I sat and shake her body.” Miss, are you okay?”Her eyes closed tightly and all of the sudden tears fall down from her eyes. Her body trembled “Miss, do you feel any hurt? Any?” I shouted to the public “Anyone! Call…”

 

She shook her head.”No, I’m okay.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

She opened her eyes. Her face is bloodless, and her body did not stop from shaking; she must be think that she had no chance to see the day after tomorrow; but she must forgot that; today got no moment for thinking death. Today was the day where our spirits laugh and cheer up.

 

I heard the voice of the man who is in the great pain. I turned my head to the sound. Quickly the y-dressed lady snatched her hand bag from the man - I mean the bag snatch – and men nearby kicked and punched him. Ouch! That must be very hurt. Thanks to my throw – it must be hit his head- Ah my shoe. Where’s my shoe?

 

I stood, patting my dusty . The lady sat still, looked down the road. I stretched out my hands “Here let me help you.” She was looking right into my eyes and her face was still pale; she still surprised for everything happened moments ago.

 

“Ouch!”She grabbed my hand so hard. “Ah! Your hand is bleeding.” She opened her hand bag and took out her handkerchief. “Thanks” I replied. I wiped away bleeding hand and looked at my watch….

 

7.45! My watch showed that the time almost strike 8. I need to get out from here or else Yuri will going to swallow me.

 

“Your cuts are quite deep. I’m so sorry.” the lady bowed several times and her sobbed are getting louder.

 

“It’s okay miss” I tried to keep my voice equitable. This was only pretence of my part. You got no idea miss. My back, my head, my feet, all my body are in pain. I used her handkerchief to prevent blood from keep flowing. I knew she was watching me closely, waiting for my reaction.

 

Your eyes remind me of someone... someone who very special…someone who has appeared in the dictionary of my life…someone who already lost for such a long time…

 

“Excuse me miss but I got to go. Take care of yourself and enjoy your day. Merry Christmas,” I said after a long time silent. As I half-turned away I could feel warm arms wrapped me from behind and pulled me back vigorously.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I stopped at the nearby coffee house, slurping my small glass of Americano. I looked at the street and let down my memory drifted backwards.

 

*flashback*

 

As I watched she turned and walked away, my heart in pain. I could not see the reason why. Jessica what’s wrong with you? She’s the one who save your life. She’s the one who...YES‼ She’s the one who get hurt because of you. YOU! Isn’t she’s the one who you met in the bakery? You came to this street to meet her again right? What are you waiting for? Don’t just stand here.

 

I stepped forward for two or three; I wrapped my arms around her. Jessica what are you doing? I waited. There was nothing to be heard, and there was no single sound of mad or indulgence words from her. She turned her back and my hair – my hug tighten –she still calm and relax – please I want this moment last forever – and she looked at me and smiled.

 

Both my arms met behind her back because of her tiny ant waist but it does not mean that I don’t like it. You could feel the warmth – as warm as her heart and to my surprise she wrapped her arm around my upper back. She patted my head as we getting closer until to the level that my side face landed on her body.

 

To my amazement I feel comfortable.

 

We stayed for few seconds and then she break up the connection and walked away. Just walked out without yes or no; she just walked away. I believed she had had plenty of words inside her head. What on earth is she doing? This could be one of the words in her mind right now.

 

“How do I want to say thank you?” I whispered to myself.

 

“Just come to the bakery in the morning. I’ll be there.” She turned and waving goodbye and ran; took the acute angle to the right, without changing pace, and without a glance backwards.

 

 

Does she hear what I whispered to myself just now? Does she mean the bakery that we met for the first time? If it is true, I would try once next week.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I snatched my bags from the bag snatch. I kicked his tummy and he bowed, gasped for more air. Hah! Serve you right.

 

I walked happily from there as I’m planned what I need to go next until I kicked something and it rolling on the roadside. Shoe? I gazed around to search the owner of the shoe.

 

“Hhmmm….miss that’s mine” I turned around after felt soft pressure on my shoulder from behind. Wow! She’s so tall! And tanned. And cute. And awesome.

 

“Can I get back my shoe miss?” her words snapped me out from my dream. “So you’re the one who thrown the shoe to the bag snatch?” I gave her shoe back. She nodded.

 

“Thank you so much!” I bowed several times. “Lots of precious stuff is inside my bag. Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome, miss. It’s my pleasure to help you.” She bowed. Aish I wish I knew you well. Oh wait a minute how about I ask your name? Hyoyeon, you can do it…

 

“Miss, you need to follow us to police station. We need to take your statement regarding this incident,” a policeman said after the bag snatch brought into the patrol car. I turned back my head.

 

“Okay but can you wait for a second? I want to ask her….”but when I turned my head to the front “…name?” she was gone.

 

I sighed. I can saw her from where I stand. She ran, and ran, and ran and it made me feel happy…. and sad.

 

I did not know her name or where was she come from. If I had at once asked her name, I might know her name and we could be friend, or best friend. Well, maybe I got no luck to know her better. But I did not want this to end like this. I really hope we could meet again.

 

 

Yupp...that's all for this chapter...I was about to plan create tragic incident but since this chapter is still in the beginning it does not seemed appropriate for me...maybe next time or next update...thank you for reading this fic...if you feel this story is interesting feel free to subscribe okay??