Chapter 1

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Oh it’s still early.” I grabbed my alarm clock on the table and looked the time. Well at least I got plenty of time to prepare myself today. I fold up my blanket, grabbed my towel and went to bathroom. I often open my shirt in front of a mirror, grateful to get a very lean body despite frequent meals. Hahaha….that’s my habit. I patted my stomach.

 

I’m hungry. Luckily thing is that bakery is on the ground floor of this building.

 

I make a pose like a model walking on the display and I stopped my step. Visible scar on my back can be seen in front of the mirror. Until now I still regret for everything happened. I stared myself on the mirror. If I was not asleep at that time the incident can be avoided.

 

 

*flashback*

 

Sweats form on my forehead makes me wake up. Oh what’s wrong with the weather? I opened the window to get breeze air outside and opened the door…. What the... Where these smells come from? I walked down to the kitchen and ceased my move when the fire came from the kitchen wildly spread; swallow everything that blocked their way. I rushed to the room and wake Jessica up.

 

“Jessica! Wake up! We need to get out of here.” I shake her body roughly.

 

“Give me few minutes will you? I’m sleepy.” Jessica yawning and her eyes pooped. “Soo, where is this smell come from?” she closed her nostrils.

 

“There’s no time for me to explain that. We need to get out from here or else we’ll go to get barbeques. The fires are getting wild and now they are heading this way.” I pulled her hands.

 

“What?!” She looked up from the door and her jaw fall down. “Soo! Let me out from here! I’m still young! I still want to see the world!” Jessica cried in fear.   

 

Think Sooyoung think! How to get out from here? Think Sooyoung! Oh!

 

“There’s a high tree in front of my house. Try to climb the tree and fled away from here.” I stared at her eyes.

 

“Oh my! I’m afraid of height Soo!” More tears can be seen on her both cheeks.

 

“But we have no choice Sica. Don’t worry….” Loud explosion coming from the ground level stunned both us. “Don’t worry Sica. I’ll help you.” I grabbed her hands.

 

We went to veranda and I tried to reach the nearest branch. Come Sooyoung! Just a little more. Yes! I managed to grab one of the branches.

 

“Sica come on. Climb to this branches!” I waved my hands towards Jessica.

 

“But I’m scared Soo.” She looked down. “There’s no way to get out from here.” Her face is getting red.

 

“There’s no time to think about that. I’ll guide you. There’s nothing to be worry about okay? Come on. I’ll help you.” I touched her face and wipe away her tears.        

 

Finally she managed to climb the branches. Her moves hesitant because her fear of height. “Don’t look down Sica. Just make your move.” I tried to calm her.

 

High heat can be felt from my back. I looked back. Oh make your fast move Sica. Fire is leading to this way.

 

I tried to hold the branches longer when suddenly….

 

POOM‼!

 

Strong explosion from behind caused me to thrown from the veranda. Everything happens in the blink of eye. What I remember is that I already on the ground and my head harshly banged on the cement.

 

“SOOYOUNG‼” Jessica shouted my name. Once again huge explosion caused Jessica startled and she lost her balance. I could see she fall to the ground and she does not move even in inch.

 

That is my last time saw her.

 

 

 

I wore my uniform and go down. I stopped at my favorite bakery for my breakfast.

 

“Good morning Sooyoung. May I take your order?” a black long curly hair girl come and took out her pen and small notebook.

 

“Good morning Yuri. Just a cup of coffee and half boiled egg, toasted bread, and tuna bread.” I looked at her.

 

“Okay.” She smiled. She gave the list to her worker and few minutes later my order came. She sat in front and stared at me.

 

“Too obvious Yuri. What do you want?” I slurped my coffee.

 

“Nah nothing. I just want to see your face in the morning. It’s a good starter you know.” Yuri placed her palm on her cheek.

 

“Okay. Around 1 pm I’m kind of free. Where do you want to go anyway?” I cracked open my egg.

 

Yuri clapped her hands. “Oh thank you. I want to go to mall today. There’s a sale for Christmas. I don’t want to miss the chance.” She took out her wallet.

 

“Okay. Are you going anywhere this holiday?” I ate my bread.

 

“I plan to celebrate it at home.” Yuri rubbed her hands. “Besides you are alone right? You can come to my house. There’s nothing wrong with that.” Yuri showed her puppy eyes.

 

“Okay. I got to go. I’ll come at 1 pm at your bakery.” I cleaned my mouth with my tissue and drink all my remaining coffee.

 

“Thanks Sooyoung you’re the best.” Yuri waved goodbye. “Don’t forget 1 pm okay?”    

 

 

I took my bag and lifted from the seat. My body almost hit the coming customer.

 

“I’m sorry.” I bow for the apologies. The lady smiled and shook her head.

 

Is she foreigner? Her hair is blonde. And her skin is bright. She must be new here.   

 

She sat to the nearby seat and one of the workers came to take her order.

 

“Cappucino and waffle. Peanut okay?” the lady said.

 

 

Your voice. Where I ever heard your voice? 

 

 

 

Well...that's all for the chapter one...for the moment I want to introduce the character and their relationship with others...any comment is always welcome... Oppss...lastly and not forget to reader...thank you for spending your time reading my fic...I will try to update this fic as soon as possible...so stay tuned...