Chapter 22

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

I sat and explained to Mr Jung what happened –every single story about how great she was in the commercial to the place we celebrate the victory until she was in my hands – while we sat in the balcony.

 

He nodded and stood; his eyes did not escape from scanning me – from my hair tip until my legs.

 

He cleared his throat and walked closer to the place where I sat, “young lady,” he said, “I believed that you must be her new friend that helps her lot since her first step here in Korea.”

Now he sat closer and patted an empty space beside him, “Sit here young lady. Come closer. There’s something that I want to tell you and it is very urgent.”

 

Just like a new order to me, I nodded and rose up, sitting next to Mr Jung. He surrounded her arms, pulled me closer to him and laughed.

 

“You must be the reason why my Sica baby does not want to be a doctor. Are you truly Korean because you do not look like one? But anyway let me continue first. Sica baby is the only angel that I can see through my eyes and I really hope the best for her. I want her to be happy and no tears appear in her icy eyes.”

 

He paused for a while and took a deep breath before continued his words, “I am invariably out of house because of my busy jobs and appointments. People who are really concern about their health are increasing nowadays and so the never-care-about-health minded people either – and I only saw her a couple times but she was asleep in that time.”

 

“Please take care of my daughter Sooyoung. She’s the only one I got. Thank you for teaching her in her career. I already knew she was really passionate in modelling since she was in very young age but when I asked her whether she wants to be a doctor, she just nodded and say yes; without objecting and arguing. Guilty really filled my heart since then. And now opportunity isin her hands and I just want her to be happy. Let bypass be bypass and even though I spend lots of money for her study but as long as her happy it’s okay with me.”

 

I smiled and nodded, “Don’t worry sir. I will. She is such a great model sir even she was new in this career but she seemed like already involved in a long time. She got potential and I guarantee that her chance to success is high to the sky.”

 

“Thank you Sooyoung.” He said. “The day is getting late. Do you mind to stay here tonight? I think I need assistance to take care of my sick girl in the room. I had to go, Sooyoung. I worked at night shift today. Please excuse me.”

 

I stood and bowed; he patted my shoulder and smiled – Mr Jung took his white coat and a black bag; walked to her car park.

 

 

I entered the house and rushed to Jessica’s room. I hope that she will be alright.

 

Now here I am – sitting next to Jessica’s bed –watching her in deep sleep under the light of the moon.

 

The calm weather gives great surrounding even we are stayed under the roof – no deafening thunders and flashing lightning, no rough winds but short late night breeze.

 

I pulled the blanket – placed it up to her shoulders and changed the towel on her forehead. I kissed her forehead and placed my head on both my arms at the side of her bed - and closed my eyes.

 

Nobody’s POV

She saw me! She saw me! I’m so sure that she saw me!

 

She ran with all of her might – as long as she really away from the buildings – without turning her head.

 

Why am I so stupid? I should not spend too much time there.

 

She ran and ran continuously – knocked anyone who blocked her way without apology – and deep inside her now anger and doubtless filled her mind.

 

Yes! I’m really sure she already saw me. Right now she was home – placing her backs and then sliding down slowly gasping for air – rewind every single moment that happened just now.

 

She pulled out her knife in her pocket and stabbed hardly on her woody floor.

 

I need to act fast or else I’m dead. I need to do something. I need to…

 

Smirked formed on her face – she pulled her knife from the floor and touched the razor sharp end of the knife.

 

I’ll make sure you disappear from my sight – and from this place even though I had to take your life with this knife.