Chapter 3

Destined to Meet

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh

 

The song keeps repeating and repeating. Urrgghh! Stop it PLEASE! I placed my pillow on my ear and closed my eyes. The more I pressed my ears with pillow harder the louder the song is. Okay. Now you are getting on me nerves. I rushed to the refrigerator and took out bunches of sweets and then went to the door and opened it.

 

“Here! Just get out from here or I’ll bite you one by one.” I gave the sweet to all the children who stand in front of my door and sang the song. I slammed the door. “Oh my. She does not like our rhythm.” One of the kids outside spoke.” Nah never mind. Let’s go to the other house.” At last! I went to my room and decided to continue my sleep when suddenly…

 

“Hyoyeon are you chasing the kids just now?” Taeyeon stood in front of door, placed her hands on her hip.

 

“Taeyeon, can’t you see that I really need some rest right now?” I turned my head and thrown away one of my pillow towards her. She managed to catch the pillow and thrown it towards me. Bingo! It hits exactly on my face.

 

“It is your fault for came back late last night. Clubbing? Huh! Are you trying to release your stress by clubbing? Drink beer or enjoy yourself been touched by men unknown?” I had to stop this girl or else I’m going to hear her long lecture.

 

“Hey! Where are you going?” she asked as soon as I grabbed one of my coats on the floor.

 

“I want to celebrate Christmas with my own way” I took my black high heels and opened the door.

 

“Why don’t you join us celebrate Christmas tonight at Yuri’s…”

 

“Sorry but I’m not interested at all” I cut her words. “Merry Christmas Taeyeon” and I closed the door. Please Taeyeon just stop planning my life. I murmured to myself. Now where do I want to go?

 

I looked at my watch. It almost 7 and the day are getting dark. No taxi, no bus. Duuhhh…why all this happen to me? I walked to the town using my shortcut. The ways are getting dark and dead as I walk through it.

 

Something’s wrong Hyoyeon. I talked to myself. I turned my head. Nobody is here. My heart beat fast. I grabbed my bag tightly. This isn’t good Hyoyeon. I turned my head to the front and tried to get out from the place when suddenly….

 

Oh my….

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I went to the bakery that I stopped yesterday hoping that I can meet the girl whose disturb my sleep last night. Who’s that girl? Why I can’t stop thinking of her? I walked on the pathway in the city. Lots people came out as they wants to buy stuff for celebrating Christmas tomorrow. I shouldn’t reject the invitation from Tiffany just now and now I’m all alone.

 

I quicken my step as I’m very sure that I’m getting closer to the bakery and NOOooo….. The bakery is closed. Oh well why am I not surprise? Today is holiday, remember Jessica? Now where do I go next?

 

I was only able to walk without knowing my next direction or destination and now here I am in front of busy roads. While waiting for the green light for the walkers, the memory from the past flashed back – just like an old movie been played once again.

 

 

 

*flashback*

 

I opened my eyes and realized that small hose placed between my nose and my upper lips.

 

“Doctor, the kid already wake up” one of the nurse calling for the nearby doctor and few seconds later white blazer man came and took out the light form his pocket and pointing the light towards my eyes. The man smiled.

 

“Kid, can I know what your name is?” the man questioned.

 

 “My name? Eemmm….eemmm…” Hei! What’s your name buddy? I talked to myself. Bright smile from the man disappeared.

 

“Do you know whose your parents are?” the man asked another questions that I’m not sure the answer.

 

“My parents?” What the…I don’t know my parents’ name and even my own name.

 

I tried to dive into my past when suddenly….

 

Oh my….

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

*grumble grumble*

 

Oh my I’m starved. I rubbed my stomach. I went to the refrigerator. Great! I clapped my hands. Nothing! All you could see inside my refrigerator is cool fumes escaped from the door. Better took shower now. I looked at the clock and it shows that I got around an hour left before dinner invitation by Yuri.

 

One hour is long enough for my tummy to survive. Do you want to eat baby? I rubbed my stomach and once again another grumble noise coming from the inside responded. You sure want to eat baby. Me either.

 

I grabbed my coat, went downstairs and walked towards Yuri’s house. She should sponsor me food tonight. Remembered the punishment I had to accept yesterday it just make me feel mad. I had to buy all the ingredients needed to cook for dinner tonight using my own money and now my wallet is exhausted for refill.

 

My step stopped when I could detect fragrant aroma came from a nearby stall. Oh my! Burger! Luckily I still got money in my coat.

 

Without hesitation I stopped at the stall and buy one. With full of grate at last my burger is in my hand. I walked delightful towards Yuri’s house as I able to buy the burger. My intention to bite the burger revoked when suddenly….

 

Oh my….