Chapter 29

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

“What are you hiding at your back?”

“This is you surprise.”

I shrank back as Sooyoung took a step forward me. “Sooyoung,” I said firmly. “Stop it. You’re scaring me.”

She took another step toward me. “No,” she replied. “You’re not supposed to be scared.”

And now my back pressed against the window. No, I thought. This can’t be happening. “Cut it out, Sooyoung,” I demanded. “I’m serious.”

“So am I,” she said. Her voice suddenly sounded different. She sounds like…

I cowered as Sooyoung came closer.

“I’ve waited a month for this moment,” she told.I cringed as she caressed my cheek with her hand. “Thirty days, Jessica,” she said. “Since our first meet in the elevator.”

I struggled to take in what she was saying. Is she’s the attacker – the one who attack Yuri – the one who is chased off by Detective Kim - Hyoyeon? And now she pretended to be nice so that she could stay close to me and my family – but for what? Am I her next target?

I flattened my body against the window. A way to get out – I have to find the way out of here. I screamed at the top of my lungs as she stepped forward –slot in her hand inside her jacket.



“Whoa there, calm down Jessica,” she said.“There’s nothing to be shouting of,” she said, stepping backward – turning her head while put in her hands at every single pocket in her clothes. “Now, where did I place the handkerchief?”

Handkerchief?

“Sooyoung,” one of the strangers in the group said, “what makes you take such a long time, asking her to sit on that chair?Are you trying to demonstrate in front us how to make excellent romance scary movie?” Sooyoung turned her head to the group.

“Owh right,” she said, her head, “I almost forgot about all of you. You can place it now,” she said. “Oh, and one more thing; can somebody bring Jessica to somewhere else? I want to arrange the table first.”

“Maybe I can help you, Miss Choi.” The lady-voice came approached both us and grabbed my hand before waving goodbye to Sooyoung. 

Lots of questions were playing in my mind – what was it all about and who is the lady beside me right now? “Miss,” I asked, “can I ask you something?”

“You don’t know me, Miss Jessica?” the lady replied, enough to lock my mouth. “Do I know – I mean – do you know me?” I asked.

“It’s me, Shirley, your makeup crew for the alcohol commercial. Remember?” she replied. As we walked to another room –brighter room – then I recognized her face more clearly. “It’s really you, Shirley. What are you doing here?”

She laughed before brought me to take a sit on the chair, “my, is the fever kills your memory too much, Miss Jessica? Don’t you recognize me? No wait a minute? You don’t even know the whole fellow in the room just now – except Sooyoung eh?” she asked.

“Why? Do you know them all, Shirley?” I asked. Is this just a prank or what?

“They are Miss Choi’s loyal crew. She called us just now – asking for…” suddenly the ring tone of her hand phone rang – she answered the call with the smile shown on her face.

“Okay, we’ll be right back. Thank you,” she said before off the call. “We had not much time, Jessica. Miss Choi is waiting for you,” she said, accompany me to the recent room.

My heart beat fast. Now what else will happen?



Sooyoung’s POV

There are butterflies in my stomach – I freaky nervous right now. Everything is ready – including me – except the clothes I wore.

“Who’s the masterpiece of my clothes today,huh?” I asked one of my team. He shrugged his shoulders, “better ask Shirley.We are move according to her plan – but I bet you Sooyoung – it’s a great idea.” He said, while tidy up my bow, “I’m going to use this plan to my girlfriend after this.”

He patted my shoulder before signalled others to out from the room – and they nodded. “Good luck, chief. Take a deep breath and relax,” he said.

“But I just go for the dinner only, there’s nothing special happen around here actually. Shirley misunderstood my message –and that’s it,” I said as he walked to the door. 

He turned around and said, “Ask the girl side. I think she must be thought that you want to propose her tonight,” before he went and closed the door.

Stay calm, Sooyoung. It just another ordinary dinner between Jessica and I. Just say that you’re happy when she was aroundand that’s it – I murmured to myself. I pulled my buttoned shirt downward and patted my front vest. What is in Shirley’s mind actually – I thought to myself while staring at my black shoe.

The door suddenly opened – and with full of curious Jessica stepped to the room. I walked forward her and wrapped her hand,guiding her to sit on the chair.

“Sooyoung, what was it all about?” Jessica said, as I walked close to the curtain.

“You’ll see,” I answered as I pulled the curtain off from covering the window. The light of dawning sun make the room brighter –and the view of the beach can be seen from the place I stood. Jessica stood up and gasped, “It’s beautiful,” and walking next to me – amazed with the ocean view.

From the place we stood, the softly sound of the wind outside, the peaceful ocean – gives a relaxed scene of the beach. I opened a bottle of champagne – Taittinger, one of the best champagne in the world –from the cellar. I hold the cork in the palm of my hand and twist the bottle holding it at the bottom, come out the cork of its own accord.

I poured the drink in to thetulip glass shape – two glasses – and covered the mouth of the bottle. I took the glasses – give one to Jessica – as I stood besides her watching the calming event of today. I enjoyed for every moment in front of my view – not only the beauty of nature today – but the existence of this woman. 

An unfinished sentence, an interrupted thought, a name on the tip of my tongue. An unsent letter, an unopened book, lyrics left unsung.Dear absentee, dear missing piece, I've missed you since the day we meet, the day we met. Dear truant friend, dear tune stuck in my head. Dear you.... I've got these feelings inside; somehow I always knew you'd understand. They’ve been lying dormant for a lifetime. I'm waking up for the first time.

This woman is the main inspiration for me – giving thanks to her for the opportunity to cure my heart-breaking.Unexplainable, undefined – even without sharing my sorrow with her – just by looking at her face – it is more than enough for me – curing my broken heart,even though deep inside my heart I didn’t felt really hurt because of my history relationship with Yuri.

I paced to the table – after enjoyed our drink to watch the sunset – took out the lighter to fire up the candles. “Jessica,come on let’s eat. You must be very hungry, right?”

She turned around and gasped – she touched the corner of the table before sat on the chair.

One dozen roses, wrapped in a gold gift box tied with an elegant bow. Instead of a small floral card, there is a Message in a Box – presented on a parchment paper, rolled into a scroll and placed inside the bottle with real rose petals. Around the rim of the bottle is the “Key to Your Heart.” Everything is presented in a velvet bag with gold strings.

I took a dozen roses in my arms and gave it to Jessica, “hope you like it, Jessica.” 

“That’s so sweet of you, Sooyoung,” she said, smell the flowers before placed it on the table. “I never thought that you’ll going to plan such a wonderful dinner tonight,” she said. Her eyes sparkled and she smiled. 

Eyeing Jessica from here is more fascinating.She certainly does look cute with the dress – especially with the attractive smile on your face. I hope you like it, Jessica.

“Let’s eat, shall we? I ordered it from my friend’s restaurant. She’s good in cooking, you should try,” I said, while adjusted myself on the chair.

“Owh yes, why not?” she said – her eyes did not stop from staring me. “You wearing vest, Sooyoung. You look gentlewoman forme.” 

“Is it?” I my hair, “it’s Shirley’s idea. I never thought she’ll bring this for me tonight.” I said, bowing my head while pulled the vest downward.

“It suits you very well. You look handsome with it.” She added before raised her glass, “let’s make a click sound with this glass – knock with each other. Hope that everything will be alright after this,right?”

“Yeah, you’re right,” I raised my glassed and knock to hers. “Let enjoy this moment and the scene too. Put away all the argument and shush the work first. Glad to meet you, Jessica.”

She turned away her face – hiding her flushed face, “glad to meet you too, Sooyoung.” We enjoyed our meal while talking to each other – this is the best time for me to know my own model, isn’t it right?