Chapter 17

Destined to Meet

Yuri’s POV


As I waved goodbye to Sooyoung, a moment later nurse Yoona came in.


“Want to introduce your friend next time?” nurse Yoona said, smiling. 


“Oh yes I almost forgot. She’s my friend, Sooyoung. Okay it is more than that. We’re couple and she’ll be my hubby.”

She stood motionless there, with the file covered her face. “Nurse Yoona?” I called her but she does not have any response.

“Nurse Yoona? Why are you standing there such along time?” Why does she react like that when I was talked about Sooyoung?


“Oh sorry,” she lowered the file, “I guess I just too concentrate seeing your examination in this file,” she flipped the file, “in any time you can leave this room Yuri.” 

“Great news from you nurse Yoona…”  


“Just call me Yoona. After all I hope that we can stick together, playing around or talks more and even you can introduce your friends more.” She said happily.

“Oh yes sure why not.”  


“You must be very boring in this room all the time don’t you? Let’s have a walk around hospital. My shift will go off duty around one.  

Maybe you can talk more about your friend, Sooyoung that came just now. Is it okay with you?”


“No. No problem at all Yoona. Go and finish your work. I won’t take a long time to prepare. I think I shouldn’t change my clothes for our first walk since I’m still registered as patient here right?”she laughed. 


“Oh yes Yuri you’re right. Okay I’ll finish my work and I’ll come back here with the wheelchair.” She opened the door and said, “Don’t go away okay? I’m feeling so excited right now and I don’t know why. I’ll see you later.” 


“Okay Yoona. I’ll wait for you right here,” I patted the bed. 


She smiled and closed the door. I rewind back everything happened just now; especially Yoona’s shocked expression part.

You have to be careful too Yuri. 


I remembered Sooyoung’s warning all of the sudden. Why Yoona changed as soon as I mentioned about Sooyoung? Is she related with the attack?

I slapped my face mentally. Don’t make first guess yet Yuri. Throw away all of your suspicious thought about her. You don’t know her yet. Grab this chance to know her better.But of course just like what Sooyoung said; I had to be very careful.  



Sooyoung’s POV

Right now I was profoundly bored. I was sitting at a well-spread table in a secluded part of the lawn which surrounded my favourable studio while waiting for the arrival of our new model.

Krystal, my new assistance, had suggested that it is a good idea to have a cup of drink here, even Krystal fall in love with my studio, and of course I fallen in readily enough with the suggestion. 

She went out and few minutes later in her arms were a tray and I admit she was a good assistance. It certainly was very pleasant to consume, in such a setting, fruit juice thoroughly chilled, coffee perfectly brewed, eggs cooked to a turn and muffins that melted in my mouth,especially in this timing I feel like it such a perfect snack right now.

While we enjoyed our conversation; she liked my studio, she was competing with her friends to work in this company just to meet their favourite artists and idols, she wish that after graduate she wants to work here again, and so on, I directly asked about her personal life.

Krystal had been comparatively poor and had worked hard for nearly ten years in her life in order to pursue her dream;further study in Seoul. She worked since her first year in high school and because of her background family; she decided to earn her own money and used it for study. 

“Tough life teaches me to be more independent and resourceful person much more early than my other friends,’ she said. 

She was young, she was strong, she was healthy,and she was used to activity, both physical and mental and that is why she chose to help their parents. 

Her parents were passed away two years ago,leaving all their assets and money to her. 

“It sounds very funny because they only got 100,000 won in both their account. I was really grateful with my life because my parents manage to live for such a long time after my sister passed away because of the accident. They also leave me our house, end even my late mother joked,‘Krystal, if someone come one day asking for the rent, don’t feel hesitated to kick them out from this house because your father and I already paid all the rent and now this house is officially yours.’ ”

She took a long time to recover because of the unexpected loss of her sister long time ago and to adapt herself to an entirely new mode of life. It was when she was eventually succeeded in doing so that he realized that she now very tired to think it longer.

“I feel that I been blessed by my late mother and father. Can you guess why Sooyoung unnie? Because I got the offer to further my study in Seoul, I got my part-time job here in the well-known company and I worked with friendly senior that is you.” 



After a long conversation about herself, she suddenly asked, “Sooyoung unnie, about Yuri unnie. Is you and Yuri are bestfriend?”

I laughed, “Yuri? Oh yes she was my best friend since our first meet in the university. We took the same course and until now we still stick together. About Yuri and me, we were best friend because we are officially couples,” I slurped my drink.

Krystal rose slowly, still holding the file,“It’s such a great conversation Sooyoung unnie,” she said and turned around without staring at me, “that I did not realise time pass really fast don’t you think?”

“Yes Krystal you’re right,” still shocked with her reactions I tried to tolerate with my voice; I don’t want it sound obviously surprised with her question.

“Anyway,” I went on, pretending not to notice her compressive response, “Let’s get down shall we? I think the time for us to chat is over. What do you say?”

“Well, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea,” Krystal answered, tardily returning her smile. 

I’m trying, pretending to be blind to what I see but is Krystal’s reactions just now are too obvious? What’s her sudden change all about as soon as I tell about my relationship with Yuri?

I’m not trying to afraid you Sooyoung but you must be very careful as soon as you step out from this buildings. 

All of the sudden Yuri’s warning pop out in my head. Aish I shouldn’t believe in my first guess. But whatever happens, I must be very careful from now on.



Nobody’s POV

At last! Her heart shouted. At last my chance to know you is here, right here

She placed her hand into the pocket, playing with the knife that she kept for a long time, waiting for a right time to attack.

I’ll use every single time with you. She smirked. You’re now fall into my trap.