Chapter 40

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

“Jessica, no matter what happen remember this – I love you with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my body – and I’ll do whatever it takes to protect you because I love you,” we hold hands in the space unknown, bright light surrounding the space. But then her grip is getting looser and looser, her body getting faded away by the wind coming from nowhere, she smiled and waved as my vision are getting fuzzy.

“Sooyoung!” I shouted out her name, “Sooyoung don’t leave me alone. Sooyoung!”

Bip! Bip! The sound from the machine turned out, coming out from Sooyoung’s dripper liquid, indicating that the dripper will soon be replaced by the staff soon – awake me from my nightmare. I flipped my hair back as I lay on the side of the bed, grabbing her hand that I hardly to release since six months ago.

She lied, motionless, pale and getting thinner, only the sound of her breathing is the only one I hope it won’t stop. I won’t gave up, I will never surrender; I’m so sure that one day Sooyoung will wake up from her long sleep.


I walked to the washroom and filled the basin and wet the towel, bringing it back to her room. “Sooyoung,” I soaked the towel and rinsed it, wiping her forehead down to her neck before ed her shirt, “today Krystal will be released, Hyoyeon asked me whether I should send her to juvenile centre but I refused. Besides she is still my sister and I should help her. Sooyoung, so you think I play my role just in this game?”

As expected, Sooyoung remained in her position – but in my heart I could imaging this – she will say those encouraging words, ‘you’re did a great job, Jessica. I’m so proud of you,’ and without realise my tears fell down, streaming through my cheeks once again in the morning. I miss you, Sooyoung. Please wake up, don’t leave me alone here. 


“Are you sure this is the best way for both of you?” Hyoyeon asked, giving brown box containing all Krystal’s things as we walked to her ‘room’.

“I’m just following my heart. This is the best decision that will satisfy not only me but her side as well. Blood is thicker than water, Hyoyeon. None of sisters will glad to see their sibling in the prison for a long time.”

“Well then if you say so,” a moment later, one of the gate entrance opened, a young lady came out with messy hair and sunken facial shape, with the black form around her eyes. “There she is. You can take her home.”

Both Krystal and I soundless in the car – yes, I’m really glad to meet my long-time-ago sister but every time I looked at her face, those incident could not rubbed out from my mind. Jessica, you should be concentrating in driving.

“Jessica,” Krystal asked – whispering, “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine thank you.”

“Sooyoung unnie…”

“She still lies on the hospital bed, maknae. Since six months ago and up until now she never opens her eyes. Up until now, maknae,” my eyes once again flooded by tears, “I miss her, Krystal. I miss her hug, I miss her word, I miss her touch, I miss her care, I miss Sooyoung very much. I will do anything to bring her back, back to my life.” The tears poured, escaping through the bottom of my black spectacles.

A moment later, my phone rang – playing my favourite song, How Great is Your Love. Krystal volunteered herself to answer the call since I need to concentrate in driving. She flipped up my phone and greeted, “hello?”

“What? What happen to Sooyoung unnie?” Sooyoung? Is the call comes from the hospital? “Krystal, give me the phone,” as she handed the cell phone I asked the caller once again, “what happen to Sooyoung?”

………….. “She’s what!”

“Unnie, what happen?” Krystal asked with very low toned. Ignoring her question, I pressed the acceleration pedal and make a move – fast – I need to see my Sooyoung now.

Stepping forward towards Sooyoung’s room – tailed by Krystal from behind – please let my Sooyoung save – I opened the door and saw Yoona and Yuri in the room, grabbing hands together and my eyes immediately catching the bed. White blanket covered ‘her body’ but this time is different – the blanket covered up to her head.

“Sooyoung!” I moved to the side of the bed, “Sooyoung wake up! Sooyoung please don’t leave me alone Sooyoung. I need you, I love you.”

“Jessica, there is something that you should know,” Yuri approached and wrapped her hands around my shoulder, “actually Sooyoung went to…”

“Oh hi Taeyeon unnie, hi Tiffany unnie.” The greetings from outside could be heard from the room, “Sooyoung unnie, I miss you!” Sooyoung?

I turned my head back and saw Tiffany and Taeyeon – side by side – while supporting Sooyoung as she laid her hands on both shoulder of the girls. “Sooyoung!’ I went to her and hugged her tightly, “Sooyoung, please tell me that this is not part of my dream.”

Both TaeNy leaved us behind and stood beside YoonYul while Krystal stood right behind me, “my Juliet, my Jessica, forgive my mistakes for letting you dream in the real world alone. Forgive me for letting you walk alone in the world. Forgive me for everything, baby, because I let you suffer and had to face this reality alone.” Sooyoung wrapped her hands around my shoulders and hugged me tightly.

“I really miss your hug, Sooyoung,” my tears dropped right as soon as our body met, the warmth touch that I missing so much – she my hair smoothly and raised my chin, “Jessica, there is something that I want you to know.”

“Yes, what is it?”

Sooyoung turned her head towards Yuri and pulled out her hand – and Yuri nodded her head, smiling – handed her a maroon velvet box and sat on the side of the bed, “sorry, baby, but I could not stand for a long time.”

I lead her to the bed and planned to sat beside her but then she patted my , “ouch,” I responded, “what are you doing, showing all these in front of my sister?”

I bowed in front of her so that she could wore the necklace without difficulties, “and this is the moment of truth,” she took out another small maroon velvet box, pulling out a ring from its cover.

“Ehhmmm…” Taeyeon cleared while Tiffany covered Krystal’s vision with her palm, “this is great!” Tiffany said, “You can see now, Krystal. Those moments that you saw just now, try to erase it from your memory, okay? At last, Sooyoung and Jessica had been together and Jessica finally met her lost sister – whom I surprisingly said that her sister is Krystal who stands by my side,” she turned her head, looking at Tiffany and nodded, “I think that we should leave both you alone in this room. Please excuse us,” then one by one exited the room – until the only one who left in the room is just Sooyoung and I.

“Dear, did it hurt when you fell from Heaven? I think, I need to call God because He have lost His most beautiful Angel,” she opened the box and pulled out necklace – our friendship necklace that brings lots of memories and happiness in our childhood, “at last the destiny had decided that we are really meant to be together.”

Sooyoung took my hand and pulled the ring through my finger and kissed it, “Jessica, witnessed by the shine of the sun and cloudy calm day, will you…”

My hands strained up to her neck and kissed her before she could finish her words, “yes, Sooyoung, yes! Yes, I love you and I want to be with you forever.” I looked right through her eyes and our foreheads met, “these eyes are the window to the soul which was always doing something sweet, and I never get tired of it.”


When I look into your eyes I see nothing but the loving tenderness and care that come from you and only you.
When I kiss your lips I feel the love surge through my body and I never want it to go away.
When I hold your hand I sense a passion inside you that is made for me and only me.
When you hold me close, I close my eyes and wish that the moment would never end.
I know that all those things you do for me have a hidden meaning and I know that they are made just for me and only me.
I know you are the only one for me and I and the only one for you.
For forever and always I will be with you.
I love you, Sooyoung. Now and forever, till the day of our death. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

..and that's it. That's the end of this fic. 

I would like to thank all the readers.. I'm so sorry for super duper long chapter.. I hope you don't get bored by reading it.

I know this sounds cliche but English is not my first language.. I tried my best to create an imaginable scene from my writing.. 

I hope my fic does not burden you.. hehehe..

until next time everyone.. have a nice day~