Chapter 27

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

“Sooyoung!” Taeyeon called from behind as I walked to my office.

“Good morning, Taeyeon,” I said, standing while waiting for Taeyeon to come closer.

“Good morning to you too, Sooyoung.” She replied while lending me a file from your hand, “or should I give you this as we walk to your office? Your hand is full of camera stuff I can see it. Come on.”

She pushed the door of the office and stood in front of my desk, watching me placing my bags on the desk and switched on the light in my studio room.

“Did you go and check on Jessica recently? How’s she going? I heard that she’s taking sick leave these past few days.” Taeyeon took one of the files on my desk and flipped the paper without actually reading the content.

“Oh, she said she’s fine. Maybe she’ll start to work by tomorrow.” I said, bring two drink cans and give one to Taeyeon. 

“Thank you,” she opened the can and took a gulp,“because our next project is about tourism – the company gave us freedom to choose the location of the scene.”

“Good, another open minded company. So we’ll going to…”

“What else do you think? Lush with greenies and surrounded with blue, calm ocean and sweet birds singing here and there. With the breeze winds from the sea and romantic sunset – away from the busy tiring life in the city.” She turned around and stepped slowly, raising her hands while take hold of the can – exactly like a ballet dance in the ball room. 

“What are you eating this morning, Taeyeon?” I raised my eyebrows; she looks really funny with those body movements right now.

“Sooyoung, we’ll go to Jeju Island. It’s your place of birth. Don’t you like the idea? Tiffany and I were the masterpiece,suggesting the place for the photo shoot. In the same time we can play around in the island. Swimming, snorkelling, skiing….” Taeyeon listed down every activity that she wished to do once she went there. 

Jeju Island? It’s been a long time since my last time went there.



*flashback*

I sat on the veranda of my house while sitting on the lazy chair. The day is bright and warm – from far I could see the boys playing football in the field nearby while the girls playing cooking, using nearby weeds and woods as their ‘ingredients’.

“SOOYOUNG!” sudden scream reached to my ears and it very close, causing me to rise from the chair and turned my head around. 

“Jessica? For what reason are you screaming like a dolphin exactly right to my ear?” She placed both her arms on her back and smiled. 

“Daddy bought this dress last night. He also brought the same for mummy,” she said excitedly. With full of delight she turned around and stopped, “what do you think about this dress? Isn’t it beautiful?”

“Yes, it is Jessica.”

“I also asked daddy to buy this too,” she placed in her hands into the pocket of the dress and took out a sparkly necklace with the heart-shaped pendant. “Come here closer. I want to wear it for you.”

I turned my back as she slipped the necklace around my neck. “There you are.” I turned around and faced her. 

“I wear it too – with the same design. It’s a friendship necklace. One day when we are apart, this necklace,” she rose up the pendant with her palm, “is the password. If I meet you one day, in my mind will automatically say ‘isn’t it Sooyoung?’ because you’re wearing this necklace.Yes, the necklace will connect both us Sooyoung. Don’t you ever let the necklace away from you, remember that?”



“SOOYOUNG!” I blinked my eyes several times as I felt someone pulled me around. “Don’t tell me that I’m just talking to ‘Sooyoung’s body’ just now,” she turned her head around and raised her both hands, “Sooyoung, where are you? Come back to your body now,” she said and patted my shoulders.

“Are you doing summon ritual right now? What are you talking about?” I her arm and pulled her hands downwards.

She laughed nervously, “You didn’t even look at me while I’m talking just now. I thought somebody had just separated your body just now because the way you stand is similar to the zombie in ‘Half Life’ games do you know that?”

“What on earth are you talking about? Go back to work,” I pushed her to the door.

In the same time, Krystal who came from the outside of the office opened the door and almost knocked Taeyeon. “Oh, I’m so sorry,” she said.

“It’s okay. Good morning, earth creature named Krystal,” Taeyeon replied, with the smile on her face. “Taeyeon, stop talk nonsense and get back to your work,” I pulled Krystal’s hands before pushed Taeyeon firmly at her back. “You don’t want Tiffany Fany waiting for you in your department, right?”

“Oh my, Fany, I got to go Sooyoung. Have a nice day,” she walked with full of delight, hopping and stepping with one leg for every mosaic on the floor. That kid is really something.

“Sooyoung, here’s your activities for today,”Krystal said as she passed the file in her hand. “Thank you, Krystal. You can go now.”

“Thank you, unnie. Please excuse me,” she leaned down and walked to the door. “Have a nice day, unnie,” she said before closed the door.

“You either, Krystal, have a nice day.” 

I opened the file and checked the recent activities that I had to attend for today, especially this morning and after the short break this afternoon. Good – no overtime work. It’s a great day for bringing her out for dinner.

I searched out my hand phone in my handbag – hope that she’s awake right now – after finished typing messages I pressed the ‘Send’ button. I hope you’ll read it.



Jessica’s POV

I woke to my dark bedroom. Sooyoung had gone to the work after breakfast. I placed my back palm on my forehead. It wasn’t badly hot – just a warm temperature. After she prepared me breakfast, I’d gone straight to bed and slept for what seemed like hours.

I glanced at the clock on my night table. It was almost 5. I stretched my body – lazily to away from my bed. But my stomach grumbles – feeling a little hungry – thus I decided to fix myself a snack.

I flicked on the hall lights, then the stair lights, then the foyer lights. I wonder where everyone is. Isn’t the time for work is over? 

Then I remembered that dad had a conference in Busan. Dad had said that he might not come home for 2 days. But Sooyoung? Where was she? She must have lots to do since she escaped from work for 2 days.

I opened a fridge –surprisingly there’re lots of stocks inside. It must be Sooyoung – she’s the one who buy all this food. I grabbed a pack of snack and a small box of drink – and bring it to the living room – you know eating while watching television – while waiting for Sooyoung to come back home.

I jumped when to front door opened. “Jessica,hi,” Sooyoung said, taking off her shoes from her feet.

“Hi, Sooyoung,” I placed all the food on the guest table. She sat next to me – I handed her my drink – and she says thank you.

She pierced the straw in to the box and the drink from straw. You must be very tired are you? She placed it on the table while took off her blazer and placed it together with her camera bag.

“Jessica, did you read my message?” she asked.

“Uh, you sent message? To my phone?”

“Uh huh,” she said, grabbing the snack from its plastic. “I guess you didn’t read it. I’m too tired to cook dinner tonight. Do you want to join me for dinner?”

Is she asked for dinner? Shuh dreamy dream –it’s just an ordinary dinner. Owh what should I say? It just an ordinary dinner, what are you thinking of?

“Jessica,” Sooyoung’s called vanished my though.“How about you go for shower, okay? I’ll wait here, so go and prepare yourself.”

“Okay,” I raised my feet and raced upstairs, run straight to my room and grabbed my towel.