Chapter 24

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

It was another beautiful and sunny morning but I opened my eyes with difficulty. What is wrong with me? I placed my hands on my forehead – feeling wet and warm – I took off the towel and placed it in the basin nearby my bed. My eyes searched for my alarm clock – its 9 am – gosh I’m already late.

I stood immediately beside the bed and the great pain struck my head causing me to collapse on the floor. My ears sensed something – it’s a footsteps and it getting closer – I took a basin as my weapon, father won’t be around this house in this time.

My eyes are getting blurred and it must because of the headache but I could see a figure – and it getting closer – grabbed my hands – I won’t let you take me away – with all my might I hit it with the basin.

“Jessica, what’s wrong with you?” the voice –Sooyoung? What are you doing here?

“You must be having a terrible nightmare. Here let me help you.” She took my hands, guiding me to lie on the bed. She pulled a blanket and covered my body with it. She exited the room and couple of minutes later she came again.

I could hear the sound of water – soaking towel in to the water-filled basin – she placed the towel on my forehead. 

“Open your mouth Jessica,” and I do so. Long-thinned object – it must be thermometer – were placed on my tongue. “Close your mouth now. Let it in your mouth for a while. I want to bring your breakfast here.” And once again she exited from my room.

As the footsteps were getting closer, the smell– aromatic and fragrance smell – were getting nearer and nearer. She came with the handful of tray. Poor vision did not help me this time – what does she prepared for me this morning?

“I prepared watermelon juice and porridge with squash.” WHAT?! “Just kidding I did not find any of the ingredients in your fridge. Besides I know you hate melons family. Is my joke reduces your body temperature?” she stood beside my bed and pulled the thermometer gently from my mouth.

“Well...Hhmmm… your body temperature is still high but not as high as yesterday. Good. Now let’s dance. Hahaha…just kidding.”She opened the closet and took out a pillow and patted it. She placed it on the head bed. “Sit here okay? I want to feed you. Feed sounds harsh. Okay I want to nourish... Hahaha you’re not a plant either... I want to give you breakfast okay?”

She guided me to sit on the pillow as I struggled to raise my body. “Luckily you are light Jessica. Hhmmm… what should we do first? Should we start with porridge first?” 

“What do you have for me this morning?” I asked.

“Well… because of limited ingredients I cooked porridge with chopped chicken and egg. I also prepared chrysanthemum tea for you. It’s good in reducing your body temperature.” 

I narrowed my eyes to improve my sight. Ah my vision is getting clearer. “Why are you staring me like that? You don’t like the menu for your breakfast today?Never mind I can prepare another one for you.”

No Sooyoung. I shook my head. Ah the headache is getting pain. I placed my hand on my forehead while I grabbed my blanket on the other hand. This pain is killing me.

“Jessica, are you alright?” she wrapped around my hands, trying to support my body. “Eat first okay? Your father had asked me to give you medicine as soon as you wake up but first you must have your breakfast. What do you want me to cook for your breakfast?”

No Sooyoung porridge is just fine plus I really got no appetite to eat today. As long as you are the one who prepared my breakfast it will taste wonderful to me.

I pulled her hand as she wanted to rise from the bed. I shook my head slowly as she turned her head towards me – so that the pain in my head did not appear in a snap. 

“Okay well then, here. Open your mouth. Say Aahhh…”

Aahhh… “Nom nom nom. Does it taste terrible? The porridge tasteless isn’t it? I don’t want to add salt or the porridge will take a long time to cool down. Baby Sica, do you want more?”

What baby baby? Sooyoung is nut.

“Oh you want more eh?” she showed her puppy looks with the blinking in her eyes. “Poor little creature. Here say Aahhh…”

Aahhh…Sooyoung treated me like a little kid but honestly I really enjoyed this moment. Sooyoung, you’re the best friend that I ever had. Should I say girlfriend? Hahaha… but you already got Yuri. How stupid I am acting like nonsense yesterday. Sooyoung must be surprise.

Sunrise from east and set to west but our friendship will rise and set in my heart…FOREVER. Miracles please come and change my faith.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

*cell phone ringing*

I was stunted with the sudden income message coming from my cell phone that was placed exactly next to me.

I must be dreamingly staring at Jessica sleeping right now. Isn’t she lovable when she was in her deep sleep?

I rose up from my seat and sat near to the window in Jessica's room. I punched the View button to read the coming message

.
Sooyoung, there’s something that I want to show and it might surprising you. Can I meet you in cafe, our usual place? Hope you reply this message A.S.A.P.

Sender: Hyoyeon


Ah! I almost forgot about the case. I punched the alphabets on my phone, replying her recent message.


Okay, I’ll be there around 15 minutes from now. See you soon.

Sender: Sooyoung


I took my coat hung up on a peg. “Jessica, I had to go to meet Hyoyeon right now, maybe she wants to talk about the Yuri’s case. I won’t go long maybe around an hour. Don’t worry I’ll buy you chocolate once I stopped at supermarket. After that I’ll come back again here. Take care, Jessica.”

I spoke to her quietly so that she even the wall could not hear. I her hair, afraid that she will awake. I flipped her bangs behind her ears so that I can stare at her face.

What on earth are you doing Sooyoung? Aish...I need to go now.

As I walked to my car, Jessica's beautiful angelic face keeps on playing in my mind. Be focus on the road Sooyoung. Some minutes passed before I was calm –founding myself alone in the car – I laughed to myself. What happen to me?

I started the engine on and drove to the cafe. Hyoyeon must be waiting for me right now.



Hyoyeon’s POV

“Can I take your order?” an early 20s waitress came with the small piece of paper and a pen approached with the bright smile on her face.

“Water and orange juice, please.”

“Meal?”

“It’s okay. Thank you.”

The waitress wrote on her paper and smiled – and walked away from here. Few minutes later she came again – now while holding a tray with two glasses on it. She picked up the glasses – one by one – and arranged on the table.

“Here you are. Water and orange juice.”

“Thank you.”

She smiled and bowed - holds and placed the tray on her body and walked away from there.



Moment later, I could feel touch on my shoulder.

“Hello, Hyoyeon.” She seemed pleased to see me.

“Hi Sooyoung.” I tried to stood – shook her hand– but she pushed my shoulder gently.

“Not need to stand. Please sit down.” The same waitress came as soon as Sooyoung sat down and make her comfortable on the chair.

“Coffee please – cappuccino. Bring me gingerbread too okay?” Sooyoung showed the OK finger sign to the waitress. The waitress bowed and a moment later all of her order came. As Sooyoung said thank you, the waitress bowed and walked away from here.

“Well Hyoyeon, how are things going?” she asked.

“At the moment not too well,” I admitted cheerfully.

“And why do you say so?” puzzled Sooyoung asked.

“I went to your home last night and I knocked your door house several times yesterday yet none opened the door.”

“Oh. It’s because my staff and I celebrated our victory for our recent commercial. Did you see the commercial on TV yesterday? Their CEO even admitted that our project had ‘power’ to attract consumers buying their product,” she said cheerfully.

I nodded my head. “But Sooyoung let’s be honest here okay? Do you have any enemies in your life? Maybe you had argument with people outside there?”

Surprising with my direst questions, she asked, “Why do you say so Hyoyeon?”

“Because I found this on your door cleft.” I took out the picture that I found last night.

Sooyoung seemed surprised. She looked terribly shocked. Looking at the picture – her picture – the holes showed that the pictures had been pierced severally.

The picture looks recently new – whoever snapped this picture – they know Sooyoung maybe a couple of months ago, or even years ago but not more than a year – based on the quality of the picture. The picture is recently new and I am really sure about that.

“I had no idea Hyoyeon,” she said while hold the picture. “Most of the time I had to expose to the public and even my works are published to almost everywhere – on TV, magazines and even Internet.”

“Have you ever been threatening like this before,” she shook her head.

“No it’s my first time detective.”

“Whoever is the person, they must have been kept a huge revenge towards you,” she pushed the picture towards me.

“Do your best detective. Whether the stabber or stalker are the same people or not just do your best shot detective. Don’t let anyone get harm again because of this crazy people that are still free outside there.”

I nodded, “and that’s why I need your help. Please take care of anyone who is very important in your life. I’m afraid the next victim it could be you Sooyoung.”

She nodded – showing her understanding and accept my advice.