Chapter 38

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

I stood in front of my house, my family house, a large wood-shingled house a few miles from Sooyoung’s house. I had been standing here for a full five minutes.

I hoped that what I was about to do is a good thing, both for Sooyoung and I, because I had ‘sign’ my oath, to be with her forever no matter what. Now this is my turn to face the fact, I need to get confirmation from my father, approve our relationship.

Come on, get a grip, I coached myself. This is not something new, daddy could had realised it for a long time ago, maybe it just my feelings only. I flicked my blonde hair over my shoulders, took a breath and pressed the buzzer with a much confidence as I could muster.

No answer.

Isn’t it Sunday? Daddy should be at home during this period. I pressed the buzzer once again and again, as expected no answer, at all. I wonder where he is going right now.

Quietly I opened the door, maybe he’s still sleeping right now, and walked tip-toed up to the stairs. Sunlight streamed in through ceiling skylights and down onto the linoleum floors.

“Hi there, Jessica!” immediately I turned my head to face the voice. “Oh, hi,” I greeted. “What are you doing here?” I asked as she led me past through the living room and dining hall.

“I just meet your father outside the house so I plan to stop here, waiting for you. Owh…and I make breakfast for your father. Do you want to try some?”

“Sure why not?” I smiled, “besides this is your first time come to my house. Please make yourself comfortable. It kind of weird, letting guest prepares food for the house owner. Let me help you…”

“No, its okay,” she refused, “just waits here. I’ll bring the food for you,” and then she walked in to the kitchen.

Kind of weird, I murmured, where is daddy actually? He won’t let guest to hang around this house without his permission. A feeling of anxious welled up inside me. I bit my lips, deciding that it was best to go upstairs and check it up. Maybe daddy is sleeping right now?

My instinct led me to go upstairs, checking him in his bedroom. I twisted the doorknob, the door is locked, and now it getting weirder – the sound of chair’s leg tapping, soft whispering as something gagged the mouth to speak – could be heard.

I pulled out the key in the drawer of the closet, immediately unlocked the door.

What the!

Daddy was sat, his arms are tied on the armchairs on both side, legs are tightly bind on the chairs’ leg. His mouth was covered with handkerchief and sweats are formed all over the face.

“Daddy!” I quicken my steps and untied the straps on, “who did this to you,” I asked as I tried to free his arms. His eyes jolted open and the eyebrows rose up. He lifted his chin frontward – is he trying to send message.

I pulled the handkerchief from his mouth, “Jessica watch up behind you!”

I went round my head, staring at my back. But everything is happen just a snap. I felt the fist slam into my temple. Then everything went black.


Sooyoung’s POV

Happily I stepped out from my car and automatically locked my car. I took out my cell phone in my handbag; make sure that it not in silent mode.

I can’t wait to hear news from Jessica. This will the best day in my life.

I walked to my house and checked my letter box. There was a red letter without any letter on the front cover. No sender, no address and no stamp. What’s this letter is all about?

As I read the containing of the letter, my eyes jolted. Whoever sends this letter that person really want to meet me now, and that person used Jessica as his, or her, or their bait, to catch my attention to come.

JESSICA IS WITH ME. MEET ME IN YOUR STUDIO OR JESSICA WILL DIE IN MY HANDS.