Chapter 19

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

Well guess what? Sooyoung just stood still, after I took my spectacles out and removed my black spectacles.

You must be surprised don’t you Sooyoung. We meet again in the place like this. Don’t you worry Sooyoung; so do I.I never thought that I’ll meet you in the lift just now. One thing for sure, I never thought that I’ll see you again. Hahaha… my life story line seemed interesting.

“SOOYOUNG!” one of her friends shouted from behind, “why are you just standing there? You’re the one who said eagerly how much you want to meet your new model. Now what are you waiting for?”

Sooyoung snapped out from her dream, “oh yes Taeyeon,” so the lady’s name is Taeyeon.“How are you Jessica? I’m Choi Sooyoung, the photographer and leader for this project” she shook my hand and smiled. Oh Sooyoung how much I miss your smile.

“Okay that’s enough Sooyoung,” her friend approached, patted her back carelessly and smiled at me in the same time. She tiptoed to Sooyoung and whispered, “Sooyoung, what’s wrong with you today? You grabbed her hand for a long time. Don’t do that again okay or else she will be thinking that you are such a ert photographer.”

“Hi Jessica I’m Tiffany, the one who call you just now?” she introduced herself in English and smiled as well as her eyes too. Oh, I stunted; such a loveable eyes. Everyone will melt if you see her eyes; killer smile eyes. 

“Ehhmmm…” Taeyeon cleared . She pulled Tiffany backward and smiled. “What the…” Tiffany seemed confused with Taeyeon’s action. 

“Annyeonghaseyo Jessica, I’m Taeyeon.” Taeyeon smiled, speaking in English. It sounds awkward but she had tried her best to say those words; I can felt that.

This timeTiffany was the one who pulled Taeyeon’s hand. Both them whispered maybe they did not want both Sooyoung and I heard their conversation, in Korean.

“What was it all about?” Tiffany questioned.

“About what?” Taeyeon said.

“About the tug-o-war pulling hand just now.”

“I just want to protect you Fany ah.”

“Protect me from what?”

“From letting people steal your smiling-moon eyes from me.”

Tiffany seemed surprised, “What?! Who’s that bad person?” her head turned around.

“Her.” ?????? Did she say I’m the one?

“Her? Taeyeon you little kid. None will automatically fall in love in their first meet.”

“But I immediately fall in love with you in our first meet in the cafeteria last year. It’s not something impossible. I’m afraid she’ll fall in love with you and in the end of the story I had to let you go. ‘As long as you happy, so do I.’ I can’t imagine that’ll happen.”

Tiffany slapped her arms and laughed, “What are you talking about Taengoo? Just look at her; perfect S-line body shape, perfect body ratio, shinny long fair-haired and fair skin. She’s too perfect Taetae. Just look at me; she won’t fall in love with weirdo like me. Only crazy people will appear and confess.”

“Yeah, crazy people like me. I’m go crazy because of you Fany. My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never.” Owh such a romantic words from sweet couple. 


“Jessica, I think you have clear with our concept for today right? Krystal, my new assistance that we have met just now in the lift, will help you and I think she’s already there. Do you want me to show the way to the dressing room?” Sooyoung said, in Korean.

Taeyeon patted Sooyoung’s back and said, “Sooyoung I don’t think Miss Jessica understands what you are talking about because based in her profile she comes from….”

“Okay, Sooyoung. I be glad to.” I said, and of course I replied it in Korean.

“L.A.” Taeyeon’s jaws dropped. 



“Jessica unnie!” Krystal waved as soon as Sooyoung and I reached the dressing room. “Here, sit over here,” she patted the chair that is facing the mirror.

“Krystal, I thought that you are Sooyoung’s sister.” I smiled. 

“Eh why do you say so?” she placed her pen on her lower lip. “Ah, is it because of my height? She’s too tall don’t you think?” Sooyoung immediately stood beside her. Sooyoung laughed as Krystal pushed her aside gently.

“No,” I sat on the chair, “because you are too young working in this place. I thought that Sooyoung wants to guide you walking around this building.”

“For the next four months is our semester break Jessica unnie. I work to support my expenses in my study. None will help me unnie. I had to help myself.” 

“What’s about your parents?” I placed my arm on the chair.

“My parents had passed away two years ago.” She said.

“Oh I’m sorry Krystal…”

“No, never mind unnie. I had tired hearing people said ‘I’m sorry Krystal’ or ‘Poor you Krystal’ or ‘ I’m so sorry for hearing that’ or ‘You had to be strong’ or things like that. I don’t want sympathy from people and I don’t need it. My parents grow me very well and teach me to be independent. Happiness is not enjoying something that we want but enjoying something that we have.”

The room kept silent for a long time. I felt proud for the girl; not only because of her bravely but because of her spirit.She was left by her parents in her young age but still she can live all by herself. She does not depend on people and she works on her own to continue her life. Behind her smile there are sad story and she hiding it very well. 

“Unnie,” Krystal said, breaking the silence of the room, “I’m so sorry for my sudden high voice. I did not mean to be that rude unnie.” 

“No, it’s okay Krystal,” I wiped my tears. “I’m the one who should say those words to you.”

I stood and wrapped my hand around her shoulders, “but you are not alone. You still got me remember? How long is my contract with this company Sooyoung?”

“Two years.”

“Okay two years. For this pass two years while I’m still around this building I’ll help you. I’ll make sure that none will push you work hard here in this building. I’ll make sure that none will seduce you here while you’re working.”

She laughed because of my last sentence.Sooyoung wrapped her arm around Krystal’s neck and pulled her closer. “And no hiding okay. Don’t overuse that priority of yours just because this lady just says so few seconds ago and you keep on hiding at her back when I’m asking help from you,” and Sooyoung patted her hair roughly cause Krystal’s hair messy.


The door knocked and a lady came with dresses in her hand, “I’m sorry Miss Choi.”

“Oh yes. Please make yourself comfortable. Make sure our model our concept for today okay?” Sooyoung stepped backward so that the lady could stand behind the chair and preparing my attire for the photo shoot.

“Where are the rest?” Sooyoung asked.

“They will come in minutes. Today is quite challenging day isn’t it Miss Choi?”

“Yes you’re right.” Sooyoung said while watching the lady matching the dresses she brought to my back, “Krystal, Jessica, this is my costume’s assistance, Eliz. Anything related to clothes and dressings just ask her.” 

“Okay unnie,” Krystal said, “but don’t you think that this room is crowded with people already?”

“Eh? What do you mean? This room is huge and there are only four of us. What do you mean by crowded?” Sooyoung asked.

“I mean that there is not unnecessary people is in the room don’t you think Jessica unnie?” I just nodded my head, even though I can’t understand the meaning at all.

“Who could that be?” Sooyoung asked, watching me trying to open my high heel boots.

“You unnie!” Krystal said. “Me?” Sooyoung seemed surprised with the answer. 

“Yes unnie who else do you think? You are the photographer right? You’re going to take pictures outside there not here unless you are o photographer.”

Sooyoung’s face blushed and it reached her ears.She must be shocked with the reasons why. And I like her expressions right now.

“Shuh unnie shuh!” Krystal pushed Sooyoung to the door.

“But why I’m the one who should be chased out?” 

“It’s not surprise of unnie saw the ambush makeover of Jessica unnie right? You’ll have a chance to see it soon and you have a lot of opportunity to shoot lots of her pictures after this. But for a moment, no cameramen allowed.” Krystal said and closed the door.

“Hey what do you mean by ‘no cameramen’ huh?” I could hear Sooyoung’s voice behind the door.

Krystal giggled and walked to me. “Jessica unnie, what do you think about Sooyoung unnie?”

“Sooyoung unnie?” I paused, trying to dig my mind the appropriate answer for her questions – I don’t want to sound obvious that I’ve crash to her before we meet here in this building – “she’s nice and friendly. She’s easy to get along and open-minded too.”

“Oh I see,” Krystal placed her hand on her chin.

“Why all of the sudden you’re asking that question?” now it was my turned to ask her.

“I like Sooyoung unnie.” WHAT!

“She’s the best unnie that I ever seen. She’s nice to me too. Today is my first day work unnie and she brought me for lunch.We walked around the building before we get here.” Fuuhhh… I breathe out in relief.

“Jessica unnie, for me Sooyoung unnie is not a unnie for me but more to oppa. Don’t you think? Is it because of her height and her short hair or it just because I really want to have oppa in my life?” Krystal asked – and I nodded my head.

You feel the same too Krystal? I think so too. She’s not only my oppa ‘girl’ but she’s my guardian angel and refuge of my life. I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels,but there is only one that I like, and her name is not other than Sooyoung.