Chapter 9

Checkmate

Donghae’s POV:

“Donghae-ah, I know you’re with _____ right now. So please, DON’T COME HOME.”

I was completely confused of what Heechul hyung texted me so I decided to call him to get things straight. “Yoboseyo?” Heechul hyung said. “Hyung! Explain the text I just received from you.” I replied, confused. “Donghae-ah. There are fan girls waiting here in our dorm. They’ll surely cause a stampede if they saw you with _____.” he explained. “But—“ I tried to speak. “Donghae. You can’t put _____ in danger. Please. Just stay there for one night. Only for one night. Arasso?” He pleaded. “Aish. Arasso.” I agreed. “Wait, where are you anyway?” he asked. “We’re here at Jeju Island.” I told him. “Perfect. It’s far from here. They’ll surely not be able to stalk you.” he said. “I gotta go now Hyung. We'll be back tomorrow” I replied. “Arasso. Bye! Take care of _____. Don’t do anything to her.” he reminded, then he hung up one me. ‘Omo. I’ll be spending the night with _____.” I said, nervous and a bit excited.

Eunhyuk's POV:

"Yah! Eunhyuk-ah! It worked! Donghae believed it! They'll come home tomorrow!" Heechul hyung said and laughed out loud. "Yes! Now those two will definitely be closer!" I shouted. Hyun laughed. "Nice work, Heechul Oppa." Hyun said, hugging him. "Yah! It was my plan!" I protested. She came to me and hugged me. "Of course Oppa. I'm so glad to have a smart brother." she said. Heechul hyung just laughed. "This is so gonna work." Heechul hyung assured. "Now let's have dinner with the other Oppas!" Hyun dragged us to the dining table…

Donghae's POV:

“Donghae-ah! Donghae-ah! Let’s go now. We have a long drive ahead.” she said. “Actually _____, we can’t go home tonight.” I replied. “Why? Is your car broken?” she asked. “Heechul hyung texted me that there are fan girls outside our dorm. He said that they’ll kill you if they found out that you’re with me.” I explained. “Oh.” was all she said. “We’ll be spending a night here. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you.” I assured. She smiled. “Let’s go and check in a hotel, shall we?” I said, smiling. She laughed then nodded. We went on to find a hotel but all hotels are already full. Oh no. Where are we going to sleep?

As we were driving, _____ suggested an idea. “Donghae-sshi. Why don’t we just buy a tent and spend the night at the beach.” she said. “You’re really smart _____! That’s a good idea!” I exclaimed. She laughed at my excited expression. “Yah! Be careful. You’re driving!” she replied, laughing. We went to a store to buy a tent for us to use. “This one’s perfect!” she pointed cutely. “Kyeopta!” I thought as I giggled to myself. "Excuse, do you have another tent?" I asked the salesman. "Mianhe, but there's only one available." he said. I looked at _____. "Is it okay if we use only one tent? The salesman said that there's only one left." I explained. "Arasso. It's okay." she assured. "We'll get this." I told the salesman. "Okay sir. You two are a great couple. Stay strong." he replied, smiling at us. We kept quiet and just blushed. "Why do people keep on mistaking that me and _____ are a couple?" I thought to myself. We also bought sleeping bags, and bought food for our dinner.

We went to the beach before it turned dark and started to build and set the tent we’ll be sleeping at. It turned out quite beautiful actually. Since it’s a cold night, I decided to set a camp fire so we wouldn’t be sleeping while shivering. Building a tent near the sea is a good idea. It's very heart-warming to look at. _____ is such a genius!

"Donghae-sshi, are you hungry?" _____ asked. "Actually, I am." I confessed. "C'mon, let's eat dinner now." she said, while pulling me. We went to sit near the camp fire so the food won't get cold. "_____, mianhe for involving you in this mess." I apologized. "I understand Donghae-sshi. It's not like you wanted this to happen. Right?" she pointed out. "True." I agreed. She smiled and continued eating. "Omo! Look Donghae-sshi." she said, pointing. I looked to see where she's pointing and saw the sun setting. "It's pretty." I replied, looking at her. Good thing, she was busy admiring the view. "How I wish she felt the same with me." I thought.

After we ate, I looked up the sky and thought about my dad. He's like a best friend to me. I wish he was still here so I can show him that I made his dream come true. But I'm sure he's happy right now. I smiled in the thought. "Donghae? Why are you smiling?" she asked, curious. "Nothing. I just remembered my dad. I miss him a lot." I answered. I can tell that she regret asking me. "Mianhe. But I'm sure your father is watching you from above and he's proud of you that you’ve gone this successful." she said. I smiled. "Let's go star gazing." I said. She nodded. "The sky is so wonderful, right Donghae?" she replied. I laughed and nodded. She punched my arm lightly and said, "You should sleep. You need to rest." she informed. "Are you my mother?" I teased. "Yah!" she shouted, then she started to chase me around. "I wish this moment will never end." I said to myself.

Your POV:

"_____, let's sleep." Donghae said as he went inside the tent first. "Arasso." I said as I went inside the tent with him. "I'll close the tent, so the coldness wouldn't come inside. Is it okay?" he checked. How sweet of him to ask. I smiled and nodded. He then reached for the zipper then closed it. We went inside our sleeping bags, talked a bit and decided to call it a night. "Goodnight Donghae-sshi." I said. "Call me Oppa." he replied, while smiling. "A..Arasso." I stuttered. "Goodnight _____." he replied. "Goodnight O-oppa." I answered back. I actually want to call him oppa ever since. But I was shy to call him that. I’m happy that he suggested it. Now, I was heading for dreamland. ‘We’ll be returning tomorrow, I hope this will never end.’ I thought.

***

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE! ♥
NO SILENT READERS, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! :)

Thank you for those who support this fanfic.
I LOVE YOU ALL. ♥