Chapter 12

Checkmate

Your POV:

IT WAS HYUN. I smiled as I saw her, I missed that girl! “Hyun-ah! Come in!” I said. She giggled and went inside and headed to the couch. “So _____, how are you?” she asked then smirked. Why is she smirking? It’s not like her. Then I remembered, Eunhyuk Oppa’s plan. “Hyun, by any chance, do you know your brother’s plan?” I asked innocently. She laughed and lightly hit me. “Yah! Of course I know! That’s why I’m here.” she explained. “You like the plan right? To make Donghae jealous?” she teased. I turned red but I didn’t show it. I know she will tease me more if she noticed. “YOU LIKE IT RIGHT?! RIGHT?!” she happily screamed. I shook my head nervously. ‘Will I tell Hyun I like Donghae?’ I thought. “_____! You’re not the best in lying. So tell me the truth, you’re my bestfriend.” she pouted. That’s it. “Y-YES! I LIKE HIM!” I suddenly shouted at loud so I covered my mouth. “I KNEW IT!” she screamed again. She stood up and danced around like a child. I laughed at her reaction. “Hyun! Why are you like that?!” I asked, while laughing. She continued to dance for like 5 minutes and sat back down. “Do you know how much trouble me and my brother went through just to convince your parents to go with the plan? That’s how much I love you, and how we want you and Donghae together.” she explained. I was so shocked. I looked at her and she just showed her playful smile. I hugged her. “Thank you Hyun.” I replied shortly. She gently patted my back. “You’re welcome _____. Good luck with you and Donghae-sshi.” I broke the hug and faced her and she was smiling happily. “I better go now. Goodluck _____!” she bid goodbye and went out.

I thought about what Hyun said. ‘They’ve gone through so much trouble. How can I help them?’ I asked in my mind. Then I had the answer so I called up Eunhyuk Oppa. I searched for my phone and dialed his number. “Oppa.” I whispered, because I might be disturbing him. “Oh _____, why are you whispering?” he replied in a normal voice. “Nothing… I just thought I was disturbing you.” I replied. He chuckled softly. “What happened? Why did you called?” he asked. I took a deep breath. “I just wanted to….uh….thank you Oppa. And…” I stopped. “And?” he said. “And I want to help you with your plan. I mean… I want to make it easy for you. So let’s pretend to be a real couple.” I replied and closed my eyes. I heard him laughing quietly. “_____ I knew it, you like him. Well okay. Come here to our dorm and let’s start the act arasso?” he answered. I smiled brightly. “Arasso Oppa, see you there.” I hanged up. He texted me their dorm address as I changed my clothes.

I went out and headed to Super Junior's dorm. 'How will Donghae react? Will he like me back? Or is still he in love with Hyun?' I thought. I arrived at their dorm and knocked on the door. Sungmin opened the door for me. "Oppa, kamsahamnida." I thanked. He showed his smile and shouted, "EUNHYUK-AH! YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND IS HERE!"

Eunhyuk's POV:

Finally _____ agreed to our plan. I can still remember her reactions. I laughed. I ACTUALLY HAVE A PLAN TO MAKE THIS REALLY WORK. I WILL TELL _____ ABOUT THIS WHEN SHE'S HERE. I already told the other members about this plan and they're willing to help. Then I heard Sungmin hyung shout. And he was calling for me telling that my 'girlfriend' is already here. I smirked, I decided not to put any shirt on to make this even more believable. I went outside and saw Donghae in the kitchen, eating. I giggled quietly then ran to the door and saw _____. Instead of looking at me, she looked at my body. "Yah, come here. Stop staring." I whispered softly and laughed. "Omo, sorry oppa. It's... it's just that... I didn't expect you to be shirtless." she replied. I pulled her close and led her to where Donghae was, the kitchen. "_____-ah, I'm glad you're here. You know I missed you." I said and secretly looked at Donghae. He stopped eating for a while and his eyes went big. "Oppa, I missed you too." she answered. 'HYUKJAE DON'T LAUGH.' I keep telling myself. I also saw _____ trying to hold her laugh so I said, "_____, let's go to my room. You're tired right? then smirked. "Y-yeah Oppa." she replied. I led her to my room and saw Donghae's eyes following us. After we went inside, we let out or laugh quietly. I decided to tell her my plan and of course, she agreed. 'Donghae-ah, I hope you know what to say after you hear this.' I thought.

Donghae's POV:

I was just eating in the kitchen when I saw Eunhyuk and _____ came in. THEY WERE SWEET. Worst of all, Eunhyuk wasn't wearing a shirt while she was pulling her close to him. I was confused. When we went to _____'s apartment, she was shocked to see Eunhyuk. But now, they're like this? Then I heard Eunhyuk invited her to his room and they went away. 'What will they do?' I thought. I went to the couch with the rest of the Super Junior members, just behind Eunhyuk's room so I'll hear what's going on, just to make sure. Then we heard shouting. "OPPA WAE?!" _____ shouted. "YAH! WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!" Eunhyuk replied. 'What's going on?!' I kept asking in my mind. "I HATE YOU EUNHYUK!" she replied back. And I swear, she's crying hard right now. Then, I heard endless punches. I was about to go to their room when they stopped me. "Donghae, don't. They can handle their problems." Heechul hyung said. "Yeah hyung, besides, what can you do?" Siwon added. 'What can I do? I CAN AND WILL PROTECT _____ AT ALL TIMES'. Suddenly, Eunhyuk opened the door and went outside. WIth no second thoughts, I went in his room and saw ____, crying. I went closer and her arms were covered with bruises.

I tried to comfort her. "Get away from me Eunhyuk! I don't need you! I DON'T NEED YOU!" she screamed with more tears coming out of her eyes. "Sssh, _____. It's just me, Donghae. Relax." I said. She tried to push me away but I held her tight. She kept on crying. I don't know what to do to make her feel better. "Why... why do I always have to *sniffles* suffer I love Eunhyuk. But look what he did to me. Did he even really loved me?" she asked. "No one wants to protect me. Even Eunhyuk can't." she added. "_____-ah I'm here. Oppa will protect you." I replied confidently. She looked at me and I can see sorrow in her eyes. "Everybody says that. Eunhyuk Oppa said he will protect me but--" I cut her off. "I'M NOT EUNHYUK! DON'T COMPARE ME TO HIM. ____, I WILL PROTECT YOU." I said. I can't keep my feelings to myself anymore. "How will I know that you're saying the truth Donghae?!" she asked. I lifted her chin up and said, "____, I love...

Meanwhile... Outside Eunhyuk's room...

"HYUNGS! I can see them!" Kyuhyun shouted to the rest of the Super Junior members. Little did Donghae know, Eunhyuk's room has a CCTV camera. "Wow. _____'s acting is so amazing. If I didn't know this is fake, I would totally believe her." Yesung said. They huddled up in front of the TV and awaited for some more moments. "Eunhyuk-ah, her bruises look kinda real. Are you sure you didn't hit her?" Leeteuk asked. "Absolutely sure. You see, Hyun knows how to make fake bruises, and she keeps on teaching me how to do it for the past year." Eunhyuk replied. As they kept on watching, Ryeowook began to tear up. "Wookie, why are you crying?" Sungmin asked worriedly. "It's just that... Donghae hyung is really sweet!" he answered as he wipes away his tears. Sungmin just chuckled and patted his back. Then it came to the part when Donghae was about to confess...

Donghae's POV:

I took a deep breath. 'This is it Lee Donghae.' I thought. I want _____ to know my true feelings for her. I'm not saying this because she's my replacement for Hyun, _____ means so much to me. I'm saying this because I realized my feelings for her. And I want to protect her, and be by her side always.

"_____, I love you." I said. "Finally." she whispered.

***

HERE'S MY UPDATE FOR TODAY. KEEP THOSE COMMENTS COMING. THEY MAKE MY DAY. :) THANK YOU SO MUCH, HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS STORY. >:D<

Comment and Subscribe. <3