Chapter 30

Checkmate

Your POV:

"Your cooking is very great Mrs. Lee." I commented as I took another bite. She smiled. I love her smile. It's very heart-warming. She makes me feel that she accepted me. That she accepted me and Donghae. "Call me mom." she replied. "Mom." I repeated, smiling. "You know  what Umma, _____ cooks really great too." Donghae said. I laughed. "You should cook for me sometimes then _____." she said to me. I nodded. "Neh." I promised. "We finished eating because Donghae wanted to tour me to his hometown. "I'll help you with the dishes mom." I offered. She smiled. I'm taking that as a yes.

"I'm really glad Donghae met such a girl like you." she said to me. "I'm much more happy that I met him." I replied. "You really make him happy. I'm happy for both of you." she commented. "Kamsahamnida mom." I thanked her. "Take care of him for me _____." she reminded, smiling at me. "I'll always will." I promised. "Oh and if Donghae's fans are bashing you, don't mind them. You know what fangirls are." she added. "I know mom. Thank you." I replied. "Are you guys planning to get married yet?" she asked. "Oh. We don't talk about it." I answered. "Get married. Both of you aren't getting any younger you know." she said, smirking. "We'll wait for the right time mom." I replied. "Arasso. I want to have a grandchild already." she joked. I laughed. She joined along. She was like my own mother. I was so comfortable with her and I hope we'll be more

"What are you talking about?" Donghae suddenly popped out. "Just girl stuff yeobo." I answered, pinching his cheeks. Donghae's Mom giggled. "Go you two. I'll finish up here." she said. "Are you sure mom?" I checked. "Deh. Donghae, take care of _____ arasso?" she reminded. "Always." Donghae assured as he pulled me closer to him.

"I forget to tell you something jagiya." Donghae said, holding my hand. "What is it?" I asked. "You know the issue of me and Hee Jung right?" he replied. I nodded. "Well, she told me the truth and that I'm not the father of the child she's having. It was all Minho plan to get revenge on us." he answered. "Really?" I said. I smiled. I felt relieved. My worries suddenly left me. "Deh. I knew you'll be happy when you hear this." he said. "Who wouldn't be?!" I said, smiling. I was a little excited. But who would blame me? He giggled. "Everything will be fine yeobo." he assured. I hugged him really tightly while he did the same.

"Donghae!" someone called out. We immediately let go of each other and looked at a man standing behind us. "Tae Hyun?!" Donghae exclaimed. "Deh! It's me!" he confirmed. "Nice to see you again man!" Donghae said. "Same here bro." said that Tae Hyun guy. "_____, this is Tae Hyun. He's my childhood friend." Donghae introduced. I bowed. "Annyeonghasseyo." I said formally. He smiled sweetly. "Is she your girlfriend Donghae?" he asked. "Neh." Donghae confirmed, looking at me. I blushed. "She's pretty." Tae Hyun commented. "Anio. She's beautiful." Donghae corrected. Why is this man so sweet? I was really turning red every minute!

"What made you come here so suddenly?" Donghae asked. "Donghwa hyung said you were here so I came here cause I wanted to see you." Tae Hyun answered. "Let's sit on the couch. I'll go get you drinks." Donghae said. "Arasso. Gomawo." Tae Hyun replied. "Yeobo, do you want something?" Donghae asked me. "Anything's fine Oppa." I said. He kissed my cheek and left the two of us in the living room. Awkwardness filled the room. "So how's Donghae to you?" Tae Hyun asked. "He's great. He's very sweet. I'm so lucky to have him." I proudly said. "That's good to hear." he replied. "Is your home near here?" I asked. "Deh. It's not that big though. But it has a treehouse. I love building them." he answered. "Really? I love treehouses! Me and my dad builds treehouses sometimes." I said. "What a coincidence. Do you want to see my treehouse?" he invited. "Deh! I would love to see it!" I agreed. To that, we went to see his treehouse.

    

"Whoa. It's very pretty!" I commented. "Do you really think so?" he checked. I nodded. "Deh. It's so big!" I said. "Well, it was not easy to build but it was definitely worth it." he replied. "I have to agree with you on that." I said. "You want to see the inside?" he asked. "Sure." I agreed. We went up the treehouse. It felt amazing up there because of the wind blowing. It calmed me down. And I can see the view from up here. "Pretty eh?" he said. "Very pretty indeed." I replied.

Donghae's POV:

I came back with a tray of desserts and drinks but Tae Hyun and _____ were not there anymore. I was confused. "Where are they?"  I asked myself. I was worried of _____. I hope she's okay. I decided to ask Donghwa hyung if he knew. "Hyung! Do you know where _____ and Tae Hyun went?" I asked. "They mentioned going to Tae Hyun's treehouse." he answered. "Thanks hyung!" I replied. I ran off to Tae Hyun's house hoping to see them there.

I saw two figures up Tae Hyun's treehouse. Of course it  was _____ and Tae Hyun. I saw my baby up there. She was laughing and looks like she was having fun with Tae Hyun. I really felt jealous seeing my girlfriend with another man but  I controlled myself. "Oppa!" _____ called out for me as soon as she saw me. I smiled and waved to her. She started going down the treehouse with Tae Hyun behind her. She ran to me and gave me a big hug. "Aigoo. Did my baby missed me?" I asked, brushing her hair with my hand. "Deh." she answered. I gave her a peck on the lips. We smiled at each other. "Your girlfriend is really something Donghae. She's very cheerful." Tae Hyun commented. "One of the reasons why I fell for her." I said. _____ giggled. "Tae Hyun-ah, let's go back. I'm sure Oppa prepared food." _____ invited. Tae Hyun nodded. I intertwined our fingers together and we waked hand in hand.

"Oppa. This is really yummy." _____ commented. I smiled. Tae Hyun was there too, eating what I prepared. I continued to feed my baby with cake. Aigoo. She's so cute. "Donghae-ah. Are you going to tour _____ here?" Tae Hyun asked. I nodded. "Can I come?" he asked. Ugh. I wanted to spend my day tomorrow with ______ alone but it's rude if I say no right? "Deh." I answered. He smiled. Just then, someone rang the doorbell. "I'll get it." Tae Hyun offered. I made _____ sit on my lap and I nuzzled her. "Aww. Oppa. Stop that. We're not in our apartment you know." she giggled. "I want to nuzzle my baby." I replied. She laughed as she fed me cake.

"DONGHAE OPPA!" someone called out.

I recognized the voice immediately. The same voice of the girl who used to have a crush on me when we were kids. The girl who chased me everywhere I went. The girl who was obssessed with me. The girl who NEVER gave up on me. "Jae Hwa.." I whispered.

***

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR DAYS! :(
I hope you'll love this update! Comment and Subscribe! :D