Chapter 21

Checkmate

Your POV:

“Oppa, what are you doing?” I asked as I saw him looking at his closet. “Oh Jagiya, help me pack.” he replied. “What? You’re leaving me? Why? Did I upset you?” I asked in the verge of tears. He noticed the tone of my voice and quickly faced me. “Yah. I’m not leaving you. I’m just going to Taiwan for a few months with Siwon for our upcoming drama.” he said. ‘Taiwan?’ “What will I do here without you?” I said with a sad expression on my face. “_____-ah, I’ll be back soon. I’ll do my drama well so I’ll come back here again to you. Arasso?” he assured. He kissed the tip of my nose as I closed my eyes, then lightly kissed my lips. “Arasso Oppa. Be careful there neh? I trust you.” I reminded him. He nodded and we went to pack for his trip.

At the airport…

“Oppa, call me when you’re there. I want to know you’re safe.” I reminded. “No worries _____, I’ll call you often.” he replied. “If Minho comes again, don’t talk to him okay? Make sure to lock all the doors and no guy except for the other Super Junior members come to our apartment when I’m gone arasso?” he added. I playfully hit him. “Yah. Don’t you trust this girl? Of course you’re my only Jagiya.” I assured him and smiled brightly, but deep inside; I wish he would just stay. “Aigoo. I can’t believe I’m leaving my baby here.” he said, pouting as he pinched my cheeks. “Donghae-ah, we need to go.” his manager said. “Take care, oppa.” I looked at him. “_____ah, I’ll be back. I love you Jagiya.” he said. “I love you too. Now go, they’re waiting for you.” I replied and hugged him for the last time. He smiled and waved goodbye as he approached s. ‘5 months without him.’  I thought as I walked away.

Donghae’s POV:

I seriously don’t want to leave _____. But I have to, I have to work for our future. I woke up and we were already at Taiwan. “Hyung, what’s our schedule today?” I asked our manager. “Well, you’ll go to your hotel. Both you and Siwon will get changed and you’re off to your press conference for the drama.” he answered. I nodded and head out of the plane. As we got to our hotel, me and Siwon changed for the conference. I think I’m a bit busy today, I may not call _____. ‘I hope this will finish early. I wanna call her.’ We both went to the conference hall and there were the leading ladies for the drama.

    

“Hello. My name is Donghai.” I formally greeted and smiled to all of them. So I’m the first one to get interviewed. “Donghai, what is your role for this upcoming drama?” the interviewer asked. “Well, I’m supposed to be the bad guy. But, I’m not in real life.” I assured them and chuckled. “Ahh. So you’re working with Ivy Chen. By any chance, do find her attractive?” he suddenly asked. ‘Attractive?’ I just smiled. “In a way, yes. Any guy would be lucky to have her.” I replied. I saw Ivy blushed and bowed her head. “Looks like Ivy is a bit shy. You guys look together.” he noticed. I just fakely laughed.  The interviewer turned to Ivy. “Ivy, do wanna ask something to him?” he asked her. She turned to me, still shy. “Ahh… Donghai… do you have a girlfriend?” she shyly asked. I laughed at her expression. “I don’t have one yet. But maybe you can be my girlfriend.” I quickly said and looked at her deeply. ‘What the hell did I said that?!’  Everyone went wild. I saw Siwon, he was just quietly sitting there. I know he knows about me and _____. “So, Donghai, you must like Ivy then.” the interviewer replied.

Your POV:

“Ahh… Donghai… do you have a girlfriend?” the girl asked Donghae. I was randomly changing the channels when it came up to this channel where Donghae’s been interviewed for their drama. “I don’t have one yet. But maybe you can be my girlfriend.” he said and looked at the girl deeply. ‘HE DOESN’T HAVE ONE YET?! THEN WHAT DOES HE CALL ME?! AND HE WANTS HER TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND?!’ I can’t believe this. I turned off the T.V. and went straight to my room. I quickly lied down the bed and took my phone, and looked at my wallpaper which was by the way him. ‘Fine. Go to her. Leave me.’ I pretended to talk to him as I wiped away my tears. It was already night time, and I still haven’t had dinner yet. Even though I’m disappointed, I still waited for his call. But it was already 12 in the midnight and still no one single call from him. ‘Maybe he’s hanging out with that girl.’  I fell asleep with that thought.

The next day...

I woke up, feeling some dry tears on my cheeks. I touched my forehead and just what I thought, I had a slight fever. I looked at my cellphone, and still no call from that fish. I decided to go downstairs and have some breakfast since I didn't had any dinner last night. I held tight on to the stair handles because I'm so dizzy. I reached the kitchen, and make myself some breakfast. As I was cooking, I felt my hand was burning. AND IT WAS. I quickly looked at it, and there was a deep bruise. I broke down and cried. 'Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel so dizzy? Why do I have this bruise on my hand? AND WHY IS DONGHAE NOT CALLING ME?!' I mentally shouted in my mind.

As I was crying, I felt my phone ringing in my pocket. I sighed and picked it up. "Y-Yoboseyo?" I sniffled in the phone. "Jagiya why are you crying? What happened to you?" he asked. 'Oh. Don't pretend to be worried for me Donghae.' I'm okay. Just got something in my eye, that's all." I lied. "Why did you call anyway? Aren't you busy?" I added. "Oh. I just want to talk to you since I didn't get the chance to call you yesterday. I'm sorry, I was at a conference. I miss you, you know that?" he replied. "Oh really?" I sarcastically said and laughed fakely. "So what are you doing anyways?" I asked him. Then I heard some girl laughing. "I'm just with Ivy." 'So her name is Ivy.' "We're just hanging out. To get to know each other better." he said. "Hi _____!" I heard Ivy shout. "H-Hello Ivy." I replied in Taiwanese. "So _____, I better go. Me and Ivy are going to the amusement park! Talk to you later okay?" he said. "Donghae! Let's go!" Ivy shouted for him. "I'll be right there!" he answered her. "Bye _____!" he said to me. "Okay. Take c—" I was cut off. He already hung up. 'Yeah, go to the amusement park. Don't mind me.' I said as I looked at his photo.

Donghae's POV:

Me and Ivy will go to the amusemet park today. She will meet his cousin there. I called up _____, and she doesn't seem fine. She sounds tired. I called up Heechul hyung, "Hyung, are you busy?" I asked. "No, my schedule is still later in the afternoon. Waeyo?" he asked back. "Do you mind checking on _____?" I replied. "Oh sure. I'll go now since I'm pretty much bored here." he willingly said. "Thanks Hyung. I owe you one." '_____, please be okay. You're making me worry.'

We arrived at the amusement park. Ivy saw her cousin and went up to her. Now I'm alone, then I saw Siwon walking around. I went up to him. "Yah Siwon. What are you doing?" I whispered. "Oh it's you Hyung. Nothing, I just want to go here, it's been a long time. he said. "Yeah, let's go on some rides." I offered. He smiled and nodded. "Hyung, did you called _____ already? he suddenly asked. "Yeah, she seems a bit down today. Maybe because I didn't called her last night." I replied. "Maybe." he said. I looked at him, confused. He hurriedly turned me around and we went on a ride. 'Maybe? Is there another reason?'

Heechul's POV:

As a favor for Donghae, I went to their apartment to see if she's okay. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. I decided to turned the knob, and I saw _____ lying lifelessly on the kitchen floor. I quickly ran up to her. "_____! _____! Are you okay?!" I shaked her continuosly. As I held her hand, she whispered one name.

"D-Donghae."

***

Please do comment and subscribe!

Thank you for all the comments, they made me happy.

Again, I don't like Silent Readers! Hehe. :)