Chapter 5

Checkmate

 Your POV:

By now, I was sweating. I was really nervous for my performance! I hope I won’t choke or do something stupid. “Are you okay?” Eunhyuk asked, worried. “I’m okay Oppa,  just nervous.” I confessed. He chuckled softly. “I know you’ll do fine. You’ll be great.” he assured. “I don’t know there would be so many people here. I might—“ then he held my hands. “Calm down _____.Your hands are cold. Relax.” he said. I just took a deep breath and managed to smile. ‘Fighting!’ I shouted in my mind.

“Please give a round of applause for my best friend, Shim _____!” Hyun introduced. Omo. I stood up, and saw a smile from Hyukkie. I also see Donghae. Kyeopta. What? No! _____. Concentrate.  ‘THIS IS IT’ I thought then headed towards the stage.

Donghae’s POV:

I can’t wait for _____’s solo. But of course, I didn’t show it. They might think I like her. But I do like her. What?! No Donghae! You like and only love Hyun. As I was having these thoughts, Hyun appeared on stage and introduced _____. I saw her, shaking nervously and looked around. Our eyes met, but she looked away. Aish _____, why do I feel this way about you?

PLAY: KIM AH JOONG’S BYUL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grh2T7kFCbA

I COULDN’T BELIEVER HER VOICE. IT WAS ANGELIC AND SO PURE. I couldn’t get my eyes off of her. ‘She really is something’ I concluded. By then, her performance ended and I still was staring at her. Everyone was so amazed. Then I felt Eunhyuk nudged me. “Yah! Donghae-ah. What’s wrong? Why are you like that?” he asked. I couldn’t say a single word. _____’s voice is still in my head. “I.. Uh.. Eunhyuk-ah.. It’s.. N..Nothing.” I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself. I knew Eunhyuk wasn’t convinced with my answer. “Uh, okay?” he said, and gave me a confused look. “_____! _____!” Hyun and Hyuk shouted. They were so excited to talk to her, I know it. Once she heard her name, she quickly went to our table. “_____-ah, I know you’ll do well. But I never knew you’re going to be AMAZING!” Hyuk emphasized. “Yeah _____! Teach me how to sing like that some time neh?” Hyun added. _____   just chuckled and thanked them. There they go again. Eunhyuk pinched her cheeks and I saw _____ blushed. “Yah! Get a room!” Hyun teased them. They both laughed while I remained silent. “Donghae-ah, Donghae-ah.” I heard _____ said.  I was kind of jealous because she calls Eunhyuk his Oppa while she calls me ‘Donghae-ah.’ Why do I feel like this? “Uh..Oh.. What?” I asked. “Why are you so quiet? Maybe you fell in love with my voice earlier!” she joked and laughed hard. ‘Yes, and fell in love with you.’ I wanted to say. But the words just wouldn’t come out.  “W-what?” I asked again. She hit my head and chuckled. “You should probably get some sleep. I think you’re tired. You’re not thinking straight.” she said. I just nodded and saw her turn around. That was my chance to talk to her! But I let that moment slip away. ‘WHAT’S HAPPENING TO YOU LEE DONGHAE?! ARE YOU FALLING FOR HER?’ I asked in my head.

Your POV:

3 HOURS LATER

The party ended and I got to meet the members of Super Junior. I was kind of shy cause you know, they were famous while I was just an average girl. Well, they were nice and they welcomed me warmly. I was happy with their actions. I volunteered in cleaning up the mess with Hyuk Oppa and the rest of Super Junior. I didn’t notice that I was sweating already. “Here.” Donghae offered me his towel. ‘Omo.’ I thought. “Thank you, Donghae-ah.” I said. I went on cleaning when Eunhyuk approached me. “_____, I’ll take you home. You must be tired.” he observed. “Anio Oppa. I’m fine.” I assured. “Let’s just take you home. It’s getting late.” he insisted. “Well, okay. I’ll say goodbye to Hyun first.” I said. We went up to Hyun with Donghae beside her. ‘I guess Donghae’s gonna take her home.’ I thought. “Hey Hyun. I’ll take _____ home now.” Eunhyuk said. “Okay, be careful both of you.” she replied. “Bye Hyun. Bye Donghae.” I waved to both of them. They smiled. Oh Donghae. Why did you have to smile? Aish. “Donghae, I have to go get something. You can go now.” Hyun said to Donghae. “I can take you home.” he replied. “It’s okay.” she assured. Donghae just nodded. “_____, let’s go?” Hyuk said. “Sure.” I answered. He held my hand as we walked towards his car. ‘Such a sweet guy.’ I said to myself.

Donghae’s POV:

Hyun didn’t let me take her home. Aw. I saw _____ and Eunhyuk walking toward Hyuk’s car. They were holding hands. Aish. Stop thinking about it Donghae. Snap out of it! I decided to follow them. For me to be sure they’re not doing anything. Yeah, that’s it. I said goodbye to Hyun then left.

It wasn’t long enough that I arrived at _____’s house. Or apartment maybe? I looked at _____ as he was hugging Eunhyuk. It gave me a weird feeling so I looked away quickly. Why do I feel this way about you _____?

Your POV:

Eunhyuk said goodbye and left. I was about to open my door when I saw a familiar figure in a car. I went closer to it and I was right. “Donghae-ah?” I called. He opened his window and said, “Oh. _____-sshi.” He replied. “What are you doing infront of my apartment?” I asked. “Uhm.. No.. Nothing.” he stammered. Why does he sound so nervous? Weird. “Do you want to come in?” I invited. Aigoo. Why did you do that?! Pabo _____! Such a pabo! But he smiled and nodded. He went out of the car then we went inside.  It was AWKWARD. Omo. I showed him to the couch. “Do you want something to drink?” I asked. “No thanks. I’m good.” He assured. I sat beside him in the couch. Now it was really awkward. Then it started raining. I the tv . A lightning has striked. I was surprised and accidentally hugged Donghae. Wait. I hugged him?! OH NO.

Donghae’s POV:

_____ hugged me. SHE HUGGED ME. She was warm and soft. Omo. What am I saying?  She let go and scoffed. “Uhm.. I’m sorry.” She apologized, looking down. “Gwenchana. I know you were just scared.” I told her. She smiled as we looked at each others’ eyes. She has pretty eyes. Aigoo. We looked at the tv, embarrassed. “I think I should go now. Thank you ____.” I said. She smiled. “Anytime.” She answered. I was about to go when I saw the window. Oh no..

The streets were flooded with water. How will I go home?

***

Another update. :)
Comment & Subscribe! :-h