Chapter 37

Checkmate

Donghae's POV:

So yeah, the drive was completely awkward. Literally. I know _____ was pissed. It was noticable from her actions because Jae Hwa kept making something to start a conversation. I was getting annoyed with Jae Hwa's presence too, of course. Why is she even here?

We finally reached our apartment and Yun Hee was asleep when we arrived so _____ settled her in her bed so she can rest. So sweet of her don't you think? I kept waiting for Jae Hwa to bid goodbye so that I can have some alone time with ______ but still, she didn't want to go. She wanted to stay here. Uhh. What is wrong with that girl? Can't she see that I want me and _____ to be alone?!

I saw _____ coming downstairs and went to hug her. I saw her smile and snuggle close to me. "Ahem." Jae Hwa said. I shot a glare while _____ giggled. "Do you want me to go ahead? It seems _____ wants me to go?" Jae Hwa asked. "Oh. You just realized that now? How stupid of you." _____ answered. I laughed quietly. "Oppa! She's being mean to me again. Tell her you don't want me to go home." She pleaded. "Really? Donghae will say that? I don't think so." _____ smirked. That's why I love this girl. She's so strong. Gah. I'm melting here. "Arasso. I'll get going now. Donghae Oppa, take care of yourself." Jae Hwa reminded. Before I could even say something, _____ starts to open again. "Oh yeah, he will. Because I will take care of him. Only me. I'll make sure he gets to bed early and eats his meals regularly. Any more reminders before you go?" _____ said. Jae Hwa just glared at her and went to door. She left just like that.

FINALLY!

Your POV:
 

Do you know what I'm feeling right now? I'm so happy I could die that she FINALLY left. Ugh. She pisses me to death. Seriously. Flirting with Donghae? In our apartment? Infront of Yun Hee? Most importantly, infront of me?! I'll explode. No one tries to steal Donghae away from me. No one. Ever.

"Finally!" I exclaimed. Donghae giggled and pinched my cheeks. "You're so cute yeobo." He complimented. I blushed. This guy could make my worst temper go away by just smiling. Suddenly, Yun Hee was going downstairs hugging her teddy bear. She looked so afraid. Donghae put her into his pad and started to caress her cheeks. "Honey, what's wrong?" I asked Yun Hee. She looked at me. "Umma, I had a bad dream." She said. "What's your dream all about?" I asked. "There was a monster and he was going to eat me." She replied and starts to hug her teddy bear tightly. "That's just a dream, sweetie. It will never happen cause Umma and Appa are here to protect you. So don't be scared anymore, arasso?" I confidently responded. She showed a small smile and asked for a hug. I gladly took her into my arms and embraced her.

"So how about we eat dinner now?" Donghae invited. "Arasso. I'll go cook now. Wait a bit. It'll be quick." I said, getting up and giving Yun Hee to Donghae. "Yeobo, you don't need to. Yun Hee and I made dinner for you earlier when you were in school." He shyly said, looking down. "Really? That's so sweet of you." I blushed. "We can't cook well Umma so appa made side dishes and I helped him. I hope you like it Umma. We really worked hard. " Yun Hee explained, smiling at me. I was touched. Completely touched. "Ill eat whatever you made. Come on, let's eat." I said, pulling them next to me.

"Omo. You prepared all this? It looks so yummy!" I gasped in awe. "Yeah. We knew you'll be tired from work so we decided to make dinner so it won't be hard for you when you get home." Donghae said. "Umma! Taste it!" Yun Hee exclaimed. I took one bite and it was really yummy! "Mmmmm! Yummy!" I replied. "Do you think so?" Donghae assured. "Yes! It's so good!" I assured him.

We finished eating and washed the plates. It was already 9pm when we were done. "Yun Hee-ah. You should go to bed. It's late now." Donghae said and carried the sleepy Yun Hee in his arms as we went upstairs. "Deh.." Yun Hee said as she fell asleep. We placed her in bed and we also got ready to sleep. We brushed our teeth, washed our faces and wore our couple pajamas before going to bed. 

"Yeobo, it's Saturday tomorrow. What do you want to do?" I asked Donghae. "Hmm. Amusement park!!" He gladly answered. Aigoo. This childish fishy. I looked at him and smiled. "Arasso. Let's take Yun Hee and we'll play tomorrow. Sleep now." I agreed as I closed my eyes to sleep when Donghae spoke. "Wait yeobo. I have something to give you first." He suddenly said, which brought surpise to me. He took something from the cabinet. A small box. "What's this, jagiya?" I asked, confused. "Open it and you'll see." He smiled.

I can't believe it. It was the necklace I saw back then. The one I admired. "How.. How did you know?" I asked Donghae. "I saw you looking at this necklace and I saw how much you wanted it so I bought it for you." He answered. "But you didn't have to. It was expensive, yeobo." I replied. "As long as it makes you happy. I'm willing to do everything to see your smile." He assured. I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you, Jagiya." I thanked him. He kissed my forehead. "Come on, let's go to sleep. We have to have energy for tomorrow!" He said, obviously excited. "Aigoo. So cute." I said. I saw Donghae's eyes was closing and was drifting to sleep. I looked at his face, amazed. How could this perfect guy be inlove with someone like me?

"Donghae-ah. I want to say this to you even though you're sleeping. I'm so lucky to have you. I'm very much happy to be with you everyday. To see you when I wake up in the morning and when I sleep at night. It makes me wonder why you chose me. Still, I'm thankful. I want to be with you like this for the rest of our lives. I'm willing to fight for you. I love you so much yeobo." I said sincerely as I pecked his cheek and went to dreamland.

 

***

Please prepare for heartbreaking scenes. 3
Gah, I missed updating! I'll do this often now.

Comment/Subscribe