Chapter 6

Checkmate

Donghae’s POV:

‘What perfect timing!’ I sarcastically thought. How can I get home if the streets are flooded? Aish. Just then _____ came up to me with her head bowed. “Mianhe Donghae-ah. I didn’t mean to hug you like that.” she apologized. “It’s okay.” I assured her but she kept bowing her head. ‘That’s it’ I held her chin up so she’ll face me. “_____, look at me.” I said. She looked at me with a shy expression. “_____-ah, it’s okay. Really. Don’t feel guilty arasso?” I said. She showed a little smile and nodded. “Well then, I better get going. Bye.” I said. She gave me a confused look then replied, “Yah! It’s raining hard! And the streets are already flooded. I bet your car won’t work. If you want, you can spend the night here.” She offered. Honestly, I wanna stay. But she might think I’m a ert or something, which I’m not. “No it’s okay. I’ll make a run for it. I don’t wanna bother you, but thanks by the way.” I answered. “Really? Are you sure?” she asked. ‘Is she worried about me?’ I thought. “Neh. Thanks. I’ll go now.” I waved goodbye and ran to the streets. “Take care Donghae!” I heard _____ shouted.

Your POV:

I watched Donghae went out to the flooded streets. I’m worried about him. ‘Maybe he’ll drown. Maybe he’ll trip and hurt his cute face.’ Oh no, these thoughts again. Before I went to my room, I took a last look at Donghae. OMO!! HE’S SHIVERING!! HE MIGHT GET SICK!! Without a thought, I ran to the streets and searched for him. I saw a crouching figure and quickly made my way to it. IT WAS DONGHAE. “Yah Donghae-ah! Donghae-ah! Gwenchana?!” I literally screamed at him. “_____..._____-ah.” he tried to say. I helped him up and pulled him to my house. “Donghae! C’mon! You’ll get sick!” I worriedly said. He just nodded while still shivering. ‘Aigoo, this boy. How can he be so cute when he’s just shivering?’ I thought. I pulled his weight and unfortunately, I slipped. He was too heavy. But I didn’t mind, I need to take him inside. He might die from shivering. I mean, of fever.

Donghae’s POV:

“_____..._____-ah.” I remember saying. The rain was pretty hard that my body couldn’t take it. Then I felt _____ pulling me. I felt sorry I couldn’t make it easy for her. I was heavy, I know. But I couldn’t walk, my feet are frozen. The next thing I knew, I was inside _____’s house again. She led me to her room and made me lie on her bed as she ran to the other room. Once she came back, she placed two blankets on me. She placed herself beside me and whispered, “I told you, you can stay here. Look what happened to you. Are you okay?” she asked. “_____-ah…. I’m okay… T-Thank y-you..” I tried to say properly but I was really cold. She touched my forehead and gasped, “Yah! You have fever!” she screamed. She ran again to the other room and came back with  a towel and warm water. A smile was forming when I saw that she’s worried for me. She placed the warm towel in my forehead and said, “I’ll get you some soup. Stay here.” she said. Deep inside my heart, I was jumping for joy. Omo. Why am I like this? Stay calm, Donghae. After a few minutes, she came back with a tray that contains soup, water and medicine. “Here it’s chicken soup.” She informed. I really don’t have the strength to move, I guess she noticed it cause she’s starting to feed me. I blushed; I hope she won’t notice it. Aish. Why am I blushing?

 Your POV:

I placed the tray into his lap, but I noticed that he was too weak to move. ‘What do I do?’ I thought. I grabbed the spoon and pointed it to his mouth. I blew it first since it might be hot. Aigoo. I saw him blush. Wait, why is he blushing? Is he shy? Embarrassed? I saw his eyes grew big and then he sat himself up. “Hey, you’re weak.” I said. He grabbed my arm and take closer look at it. “When did this happen?” he asked. I didn’t get his question, so I looked at my arm. I saw a bruise and it was continuously bleeding.  I forgot I slipped earlier! “Oh, it doesn’t matter. Let me just—OW!” I screamed. I didn’t felt the pain earlier, maybe because I was too worried about him. Donghae forced himself to stand up and went out. “Yah yah yah.” I said. He came back with a wet towel. “You should be careful next time _____.” I looked at him and nodded. “By the way, thanks for bringing me here again. I’m sorry for bothering you.” he apologized. “No, it’s okay. Thanks for treating my wound.” I said and smiled shyly. “We’re even.” we both mumbled but loud for us to hear. We even chuckled at the same time. “You should sleep now _____. It’s pretty late.” he suggested. “Oh yeah. Good night Donghae-ah. Sleep well.” I said then headed for the door when he pulled my hand. “Whoa whoa. Where do you think you’re going?” he asked. “Uh, to sleep?” I answered, confused. “Where will you sleep?” he asked again, still holding my hand. “Oh—Um. I have a guest room. Don’t worry. You better sleep already neh? Good night.” I finally said. He smiled and nodded. He let go of my hand and I went outside. Actually, I don’t have a guest room. I just don’t want him to sleep in the couch in his condition. I went to my room again, to grab some extra blanket and pillows. I saw him peacefully sleeping. ‘You’re so cute even when you’re sleeping. Good night.' I said in my mind and went to the couch to sleep.

Next day…

Donghae’s POV

I woke up because of my cellphone. Thank God, it wasn’t destroyed in the rain last night. I saw a text from Leeteuk hyung,

“Donghae-ah,  we’re in the hospital Eunhyukkie’s sick. He was caught by the strong flood last night and fortunately he came home. But he was shivering. So we brought him here. Where are you?”

Aigoo. Eunhyuk’s in the hospital?! Good thing, _____ was there to save me or else I would end up in the hospital like that anchovy. I quickly replied to hyung,

“Arasso arasso. I’ll be there soon.”

I stood up and went out. I saw _____, sleeping on the couch. ‘I thought she had a guest room? Why is she sleeping there?’ I asked in my mind. I moved closer to her and examined her face. She’s pretty when sleeping. I lightly slapped her arm. “W-wae?” she asked, still sleepy. “You said you had a guest room? Why are you here then?” I asked back. She scratched her right eye then replied, “Oh—I don’t want you to sleep on the couch cause you’re sick. I’ll be selfish if I let you sleep here.” she explained. I looked deeply into her eyes, but she looked away and stood up. I swear, I saw her cheeks flushed red. Then I saw her heading to the kitchen. “Donghae-ah, I’ll cook breakfast. Wait a second.” she said. Suddenly I remember Leeteuk hyung’s text. “_____-ah, do you want to go visit Eunhyuk?” I asked. She looked at me worriedly. “Why? Is there something wrong with Oppa?” she hurriedly asked. ‘Oppa? She doesn’t call me that.’ I sighed in my mind. “Uh yeah. He’s in the hospital right now. He was caught by the strong flood and is sick.” I answered. Her eyes grew big. “REALLY?! We should go now!” she said as she turned off the stove and ran to her room. A few minutes later, she was properly dressed and was ready to leave. I looked at her. She was really worried for Eunhyuk. ‘She changed her clothes fast. She must like Eunhyuk that much.’ I thought.  “Let’s go?” she asked. I smiled weakly then nodded. 

At the hospital…

I saw _____ asked the nurse where Eunhyuk’s room was. After hearing, she ran to the designated room. I could only follow her, besides I’m sick too. Why does she care about Eunhyuk more than me? We reached his room. I opened the door and we let ourselves in. She immediately went beside Eunhyuk. “Oppa.” she softly whispered. “Are you okay?” she added. Eunhyuk smiled brightly and nodded his head. ‘Eunhyuk must like her too.’ I thought.

Eunhyuk’s POV

I saw _____ and Donghae entered the room. 'Why were they together? Omo. I smell something fishy.‘ I thought and smiled. “_____-ah, Oppa is sorry that I couldn’t go out with you tonight.” I said and looked at Donghae. His eyes grew bigger and let out a sigh. HE LIKES HER. “Aw Oppa, it’s okay. We can go out next time. Just get well arasso?” she replied. I looked again at Donghae. I think he’s about to cry. Aigoo, that cry baby. He isn’t called ‘King of Tears' for nothing. He might think I like _____. If he thought that, well he’s right. I like her. But more of a sister, nothing more. But anyways, I quickly thought of a plan to get them together. “Really sorry _____. Go out with Donghae instead neh?” I said and looked at them. They both looked at me, with a shocked face.

“BWOH?! GO OUT?!” they both said in unison.

***

This update is quite long. Hihihi.

Comment and Subscribe, thanks! <3