Chapter 3

Checkmate

Your POV:

The party went smoothly and I admit, I did have fun. Sadly, it ended just like a bubble popping. Too fast. Still, I’m tired but I’m glad I had fun. “Yah _____, come to my house tomorrow arasso?” Hyun said. “Why?” I asked, confused. “You’re going to help me plan my birthday party next week! So be sure to be there tomorrow.” she replied, cheerfully. I smiled and said “Neh. Arasso.” I assured. I can sense that she wanted to go home now, till Donghae came by her side. “I’ll take you home, Hyun” he offered. “No thanks Donghae. I’ll go with _____.” she said. “Are you sure? I can take you.” he insisted. Before Hyun could answer, I cut her off. “Go ahead Hyun. I can go by myself.” I said. “Are you sure about that? “ she asked. I nodded and smiled to let her know that I’m going to be fine. Then she waved goodbye and went with Donghae. Ah, what is this feeling? 

Next day..

As I’ve been told, I went to Hyun’s house to help her plan for her upcoming party. I knocked at the door, only to find Eunhyuk there. "Where's Hyun, oppa?" I asked. "She went out to get some...stuff? But she'll come back after 3 hours. What brings you here?" he said. "Oh, Hyun wants some help for her party next week and asked me to come here." I stated. He smiled and led me into their house. I sat onto the couch and Eunhyuk Oppa offered me a drink. "Thank you oppa." I smiled. Then, it became awkward. REALLY AWKWARD. I wanna ask what's between Donghae and Hyun, but I just can't get the words out of my mouth. 'Maybe he'll think that I like Donghae' I thought. I took a sip of my drink and saw Eunhyuk staring at me. "_____-ah, ask me anything. I think you have a lot of questions on your mind right now." he chuckled. I smiled casually, but deep inside I was nervous! I took a deep breath and asked, "O-Oppa, w-what's with Hyun and Donghae? Aigoo, I stuttered! But I managed to keep my cool and didn't loose eye contact with him so he'll know I'm not affected or something. "Ah.." he started. "Actually, Hae's been inlove with my sister for the past 3 years." he said. 'WHOA, 3 YEARS?!' "But Hyun doesn't really love him the way he loves her. She loves him more like a friend or brother. But Donghae kept on waiting for her. He's very happy when he found out that Hyun agreed to be her on her birthday." he announced. '?' I thought.

"Omo. I don't have an ..." I shyly said. He smiled and held my hand. " Can I be your ?" he asked, still holding my hands. I blushed at his sudden invitation. Just then the door flew open. And there stands Donghae. "Am I interrupting something?" he said. I quickly removed my hands from Eunhyuk and bowed my head because of embarassment. Eunhyuk just laughed. "Nothing. I'm just asking her if I can be her in Hyun's party." Hyuk explained. Donghae nodded. "Oh by the way _____, what's your answer? Eunhyuk asked, looking at me. "Uhm.. Sure, Oppa." I replied, a bit shy. He pinched my cheeks. "Aigoo. So cute." he complimented. "Ahem. I'm here you know." Donghae said. We both laughed. "So Donghae-sshi, what brings you here?" I asked. "I'm here to visit Hyun. Where's she?" he said, looking around. "She went to buy some stuffs." I answered. "_____, let's go to the mall." Eunhyuk said. "Why? Hyun might come back and we're not here." I replied. "Don't worry, she won't." he assured. "Fine, let's go." I said. "Oh Donghae, do you want to come along?" Eunhyuk offered. "Sure. I hate being alone." he agreed. We all went to Hyuk's car. Eunhyuk opened the door for me. I smiled.

At the mall..

I spent an hour shopping for clothes and accessories. "You bought a lot of cute dresses" Hyuk said. "Thank you Oppa." I said, blushing. He smiled, then he recieved a phone call. "Excuse me for a while." he said. After 5 minutes. "_____, I need to go. Hyun's asking me to pick her up. Do you need something else?" he asked. "Uhm, I still don't have shoes. But it's okay, I'll just go home by myself." I assured. He didn't seem to listen. "Yah Donghae! Can you take _____ home?" he said to him. "Sure." he answered. 'WHAT? NO!' I said to myself. "I better go _____. Donghae, be sure to take her home safely." he instructed. Donghae nodded. Once Eunhyuk left, it was AWKWARD. "Do you want to take a look at those shoes over there?" he offered, pointing at a store. "Are you sure it's okay? I can go by myself if you don't want to." I said. He smiled. "It's okay. I don't have anything to do anyway. So, let's go?" he replied. I nodded and smiled.

"_____-sshi, try this one. It looks good." he said. He pulled me and made me sit on a chair. Then he placed one shoe on my left foot. I blushed as he touched my foot. "It really does look good on you." he complimented. "Thank you Donghae-sshi." I said. I took off the shoe to take a look at the price. 'OMO! It's so expensive.' I thought. "_____, gwenchana?" he asked. "Yes. But I'll just take a look at other shoes at the next store." I excused.

Donghae's POV:

I went to look for some shoes with _____. I noticed a really pretty shoe that would fit her perfectly. I grabbed her hand and made her sit down on a chair and put on the shoe on her foot. It really suits her. "It really does look good on you." I said, I looked up and saw her admiring it. 'She's pretty' I thought. "Thank you Donghae-sshi." she said. She checked the price and gasped a little. I asked if she was okay.

"Yes. But I'll just take a look at other shoes at the next store." she said then she left. I was confused but when I saw the price, I understood. It was very expensive so I thought I should buy her the shoes since it really looked good on her. I took the shoes and paid it on the counter. "Thank you." I said to the cashier, then I left to look for _____. I saw _____ looking for shoes. Aigoo. She's so cute with her serious face. Wait. What am I saying? She's cute. That's all. But.. Am I starting to like her?

***

Omo. Donghae's confused. Kyeopta. :)
Comment and subscribe! ♥

I NEED 5 COMMENTS FOR ME TO UPDATE. :)