Chapter 19

Checkmate

Your POV:

"DONGHAE!" I screamed.

I saw Donghae tripped and fell over the stage. Omo. Everyone was shocked, scared and nervous and I was one of them. Only worse, I felt all of those at this moment. Fear crept up to me. I was so nervous and I don't know what to do. I felt my body was paralyzed and I won't move from my seat from the shock. I saw Eunhyuk Oppa's worried expression. I can tell cause he's his bestfriend and I know he cares for him. He motioned me to come closer. I weakly did his command. I was so shocked that it happened to him. I went beside him as we watched Donghae lifted on a man's back to be taken to the hospital. He was so weak. It hurts me to see him that way..

I couldn't control my tears anymore. I cried even though it's embarrassing. Eunhyuk held my hand tightly. "He'll be alright. " he assured. "W..Why?" I asked. By the look of his eyes, he knew what I meant. "He's been like that ever since you left him. Weak and lonely." he said. I had to blame myself for all of this. How can I not? "It's not your fault _____. It wasn't your fault that you avoided him to avoid getting hurt." he continued. "It's my fault Oppa." I replied weakly. "No. Don't ever think like that again. Nobody wanted this to happen _____." he answered. I just shook my head. "Everything's gonna be fine. I know it will." he promised.

"Let's go to the hospital _____." Taeyon said. "You guys can go ahead. I can't show my face to him. I'm just scared." I replied. "No need to be scared _____. It's not your fault." she comforted. I showed her a small smile. "Where's Yuri?" I asked. "He went to SHINee's dorm. You know, to see Minho." Yoona answered. I nodded. "So are you ready to go?" Sunny asked. I nodded in agreement. I took a deep breath and prepared myself.

Minho's POV:

Me and _____ are catching up quite well. Bwahaha. I'm such a genius. I heard about what happened to Donghae hyung earlier. Yuri told me. She wants to go to the hospital to visit him and she wants me to accompany her. Psh. I really don't care. All I care about is ______. We'll be together again. "My plan is working perfectly. Setting up Donghae hyung is genius! I want you _____, even if it means hurting someone I know. You're mine before and you'll be mine once again." I said to myself as I smirked.

Yuri's POV:

I drove up to SHINee's dorm. I walked slowly to Minho's room but then I heard murmuring. I decided to eavesdrop. "My plan is working perfectly. Setting up Donghae hyung is genius! I want you _____, even if it means hurting someone I know. You're mine before and you'll be mine once again." I heard Minho said. I was.. I was so hurt. How can he do this to me? To Donghae? To _____? I trusted him! I opened the door furiously and saw his shocked face looking at me. "SO IT WAS YOU!" I shouted. "I.. I.. I don't know what you're talking about." he replied innocently. "Oh come on! Don't act so innocent. I already heard everything jerk!" I answered. He was speechless. I turned around to face the door. "You'll regret everything Choi Minho." I threatened as I ran to my car. "I must tell _____ and the others immediately." I thought as I drove to the hospital.

Your POV:

While we were on our way, I kept praying that he'll be okay. I kept telling myself that he'll be alright and be back to his old self again. As we stopped, my heart kept beating faster and faster every minute. "Excuse me miss. May I ask where Donghae's room is?" Tiffany asked the nurse. "He's in Room 240 ma'm." the nurse responded. "Gomawo." Tiffany replied as we made way to his room. "Don't be nervous _____. It'll be okay." Jessica comforted me. "Kamsahamnida." I answered. Taeyon opened the door and we saw Donghae sleeping. I forced myself to avoid crying in a situation like this but a tear managed to escape in my eye. I quickly wiped it off before someone notices. Just as we came, Yuri barged in. "GUYS! I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL!" she shouted. "Shhhh. Donghae is sleeping." Sooyoung told her. "Mianhe. But it's important!" she replied. "What is it then Unnie?" Seohyun asked. "Minho set Donghae up. He placed something in his drink to make him dizzy. It was all a misunderstanding and i's all Minho's fault! He wanted to get _____ back." Yuri explained. Our jaws dropped. I couldn't believe it. I thought Minho was now inlove with Yuri. "Yuri, gwenchana?" I asked. "I'm okay _____. Damn that jerk!" she assured me. "_____?" we heard someone speak. It was Donghae. "Uhm. Girls, we better leave this two to work things out." Taeyon announced. The girls left one by one, leaving me and Donghae alone. "_____. Mian.." I cut him off. "Donghae-ah. It's okay. I forgive you. Minho planned all this." I explained. His eyes widened. "Wae..Waeyo?" he asked. I see that it's time to tell him our past. I took a deep breath. "Minho and I used to be together in our highschool days. I loved him so much, until he made a fool out of me. I saw him with another girl and it pains my heart back then. When I met you, everything changed. You showed me what true love meant." I said sincerely. He smiled. "I love you _____." he said. "I love you too." I answered back. "Don't ever leave me again arasso?" he told me. "I won't Oppa." I promised. "I'm still sorry for bringing that girl." he apologized. "It's okay now Oppa. It's all in the past now. Let's just forget about it." I said. He leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Donghae.. Oops." Heechul Oppa said as he giggled. "Am I interrupting something?" he asked, smiling. "Anio Oppa." I replied. "Now look at what you've done. You runied their moment." Leeteuk Oppa barged in. We laughed. "I see that someone got together again." Eunhyuk said. I blushed. "We'll go outside. Go talk." he continued, smiling. Now, we're left alone again. "Take care of yourself Oppa. I was very worried you know." I said with a worried tone. "Anio. I want you to take care of me." he answered. "Aigoo. So demanding." I teased. "You'll move back to OUR apartment right?" he checked. I nodded, smiling. He flashed his charming smile. Just then, someone knocked on the door. "I'll get that Oppa." I said as I stood up. I opened it and stood there shocked.

Emotions ran through me. There was pain, anger, nervousness, fear and most of all, HATRED.

***

Hello guys! Here's an update for you! :)
I missed you all. :D
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! THANKS!