Chapter 10

Checkmate

The next day..

Your POV:

I woke up and saw a sleeping Donghae next to me. Just looking at his face makes me melt. I mean, who doesn’t? He really does have that charismatic personality that makes girls fall for him. Even though he is sleeping, he still has an angelic face. I rubbed my eyes and nudged Donghae, but he still has his eyes closed. “Yah Oppa! Wake up!” I shouted. Then he surprisingly opened his eyes. He yawned and I chuckled at his cute face. “5 more minutes please.”  He mumbled. “Yah! Anio. Get up!” I said. “Arasso.” He replied. “I’ll pack up our things, arasso? Then we can head home after.” I answered back. He nodded then we both went out the tent.

As soon as we went to his car, I felt comfortable with him. This is much better than being awkward. “Let’s stop by a restaurant so we can have breakfast.” He said. “Deh.” I agreed. “Aish. I’m hungry.” He complained. I chucked. “Omo. Kyeopta.” he suddenly said. “What?” I asked. “Uh.. Uhm.. I mean, your hair’s cute.” he explained. “Oh. Okay.” I said. After 20 minutes of driving, we finally arrived.

“We’ll have Radish Strip Kimchi, Grilled Short Ribs, Spicy Seafood Salad, Cold Cucumber Soup, Seasoned Kelp, Spicy Stewed Fish and 2 Bean Sprout Rice.” he ordered. I looked up and gave him a confused look. “You really are hungry.” I commented. He chuckled. “Well, you can’t blame me. I rarely eat something healthy because of our busy schedules.” he explained. It’s a pity he can’t eat properly. “Whoa. It’s really hard to have a pretty face.” I teased, smiling. “So you know how it feels?” he asked. “Huh? Waeyo?” I said, confused. “Cause you have a pretty face.” He replied. I blushed. I mean, I really turned tomato. I hope he doesn't notice. “Kam..Kamsahamnida.” I stuttered, still blushing. He chuckled at my expression and pinched my cheeks. “Aigoo. I think I’m gonna faint anytime now.” I thought to myself.

We talked some more and shared some of our experiences. I really felt more comfortable with him than before. I can feel that I can tell him everything. The awkward atmosphere we once had is finally fading and I'm thankful for that. We were having a good time and we didn'n notice that finally, our food has arrived.

I started drooling. Omo. It looks really good! I saw Donghae his lips and I giggled.  “Gomawo. We will eat well.” I said to the waiter. He smiled and bowed then went away. When he left, I picked up my chopsticks and started to fill my plate. “_____-ah, I can see you’re not hungry.” he joked. I glared at him playfully. “Uh, thank you? You should eat now! Before I finish this!” I said. He chuckled and started filling his plate. We didn’t talk because we’re absorbed in eating. “Hey eat this.” he offered. The next thing I knew, his chopsticks was in front of me with a piece of grilled short rib. I looked him and he’s waiting for me to eat it. I opened my mouth and tasted it. “SO GOOD!!!” I screamed out loud then covered my mouth and bowed my head. Donghae just laughed. “Yah don’t laugh.” I said and continued to eat. I gotta say, after this much food, I feel like I’m going to explode. But it was okay, it was really good. “Waaaah. Thank you for the food.” I thanked him.

“So, you’re ready to go home?” he asked. I nodded and held my bag as we went out the restaurant. It was a long drive back to Seoul so I slept. “____? _____! We’re here.” Donghae said. I opened my eyes and saw that we were in my apartment.

       

“I thought you’re bringing me to your dorm.” I said. "Anio. I want to have lunch here with you. Let's cook arasso?" he said, and went off the car and helped me. We were at the door, as I heard someone inside. "Oh no. Someone’s inside my apartment? Please. Don’t let it be someone bad. Please please please.” I prayed to myself. We entered my apartment and was shocked.

I SAW MY PARENTS AND MOST ESPECIALLY EUNHYUK OPPA WITH THEM!

My eyes went big. “UMMA? APPA? OPPA? What are you doing here?” I looked at them then looked at Donghae. He was surprised too. My parents stared at me and suddenly chuckled, “_____-ah, don’t worry. We just came here to visit you and to take a look at your apartment. It’s very beautiful by the way.  And oh, why are you only home now? And who are you with?” my mom asked. “Uh.. I.. we were stuck at the beach last night so we spent the night there. But don’t worry, nothing happened. By the way, this is Donghae my—“ I suddenly stopped. ‘How should I introduce Donghae to them?’ I thought. “My..my friend.” I continued. “_____, I know he’s only your friend. I mean, you’re not a two-timer are you? my dad said and hugged me. I was confused, ‘Two-timer? Me?’ I said in my mind. “You didn’t tell us you had a boyfriend _____. He looks like a nice man.” my parents said. ‘BOYFRIEND?!’

 Then I saw Eunhyuk Oppa walking towards me and smirked. “Hi baby.” he said, putting one arm around me then kissed my cheek. I stood there shocked. “Oh. Donghae-ah. Come, we cooked lunch. Join us.” my umma invited. She then pulled Donghae to a chair and made him sit. On the other hand, Eunhyuk pulled me to his side and we sat together. I looked at Donghae who seemed kinda down. What is happening?! I was so confused at the moment. My appa was talking to Donghae like they were bestfriends. “Baby, try some of these.” he said, then fed me. “Aww, you two are so sweet.” my umma commented. I remembered Donghae. He also did that earlier. Aish. I ate quietly, trying to figure out what was going on. After we ate, my parents announced the biggest shock of my life. “Sweetie, from now on, you and Eunhyuk will live together.” they said happily.  My eyes went big and shouted,

“BWOH?!”

***

Second update for the day. :D
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!


NO SILENT READERS PLEASE. :)