Chapter 1

Checkmate

Your POV:

We're not the richest family in Korea. But for my hard work and maintained grades, I managed to get myself a scholarship from one of the most well-known schools in Seoul. I'm the only child of the family so I have to make my parents proud despite our status in life. Since my school is far from where we live, I decided to live alone with no objections from my parents. They understand, fortunately. "Congratulations, _____! We're so proud of you." my umma said. I smiled and said, "Kamsahamnida Umma." My appa hugged me and ruffled my hair. "Now you better study hard arasso?" appa said. I nodded. "Neh. Always." I answered.

Ever since my break-up with my boyfriend, I mean ex boyfriend, I strived a lot to be where I am now. But despite of all this, I think I'm still inlove with him. AISH! I assume he's haing fun even in his busy schedules. Whatever. I decided to spend the night at my parents' house before moving to my new apartment. I have to prepare for my first day in 2nd Year College.

Next day..

"Yah! _____, wake up!" my umma waked me up. I opened my eyes and groaned. I was shocked to see that it was morning already. I barely slept last night. Seriously. I was nervous that I wasn't going to fit in with the other students. Well, I as just transferred there because of the scholarship I got, but they had money to enroll in that school. I was nervous and a bit excited.

"Umma, I'm scared." I confessed. She hugged me and said, " Don't be scared, sweete. You'll do fine." she said. Iwas encouraged of what she said but the nervousness wouldn't just go away. I quickly prepared myself and we took off early cause it was a long drive ahead. My appa dropped me off to my school, SMC University. "Goodluck _____! And be careful going to your apartment." my appa reminded. He kissed my forehead. I smiled, then he drove away.

I entered my school. And whoa, it was big. I checked my schedule first. "So, my first class is History in Rm 1012." I mumbled. I didn't know where it is so I guess I should ask for directions. I saw a girl, probably my age, getting her things from her locker. She seems nice so I decided to ask her. I came up to her and asked, "Excuse me, do you know where Rm1012 is?" I said. "Ah. Deh. History class. It's my first period too. Come, I'll show you." she replied. I smiled. "Thank you. By the way, I'm _____. Shim _____." I introduced. "Nice to meet you _____. I'm Lee Hyun." She offered her hand and I gladly accepted it. I knew we'll be great friends because of her warm wercole. I hope she feels the same.

A week after..

Lee Hyun's POV:

It's been a week since I've known _____. She's been a great friend and she trusts me with her secrets. Should I tell her mine? I'm scared of what her reaction will be. Still, I really do trust her. But to be safe, I should casually ask her first. It was lunch time. Me and _____ were eating at the cafeteria. I poked her and she faced me  with a questioning look. "Are you a fan of Super Junior?" I asked normally. "I like their songs but I'm not a fan. Not a total fangirl at all." she answered. I smiled and said, "Ah. I see." She smiled back. "Why did you ask?" she told me. "Nothing. Just asking." I replied. She nodded.

Okay. It's safe to tell her. She's not a fangirl anyways. And cause I trust her.

"_____-ah, I have something to tell."

"What is it, Hyun?"

"I'm..."

***

FIRST CHAPTER IS UP! :)