The Library

Elm High: Behave Or Die


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

 

 

-Kibum pov-

 

Nickhun and I were tied together in the library. It’s been a while now since we tried to loosen the rope.

 

“This is useless.” Nickhun hissed.

 

“Tell me about that,” I smirked, “Damn it…”

 

There’s nothing more we could do but stay tied on the cold marble floor. The temperature is darn cold plus the atmosphere is somehow creepy.

 

“Hey, did you hear that?”

 

I furrowed. I looked around and if I’m not mistaken, I heard footsteps. It gets nearer and nearer. We heard the footsteps climbed the stairs… towards our direction.

 

“Who could that be?” Nickhun gulped.

 

I breathed out slowly, “Hope it’s one of us.”

 

My heart beats faster as a figure of a girl climbing up the stairs was visible. But then, it started to beats at normal speed when the girl happened to be Bom, Nickhun’s girlfriend.

 

She was quite surprised and happy at the same time to stumble upon us. She freed us quickly, hugging Nickhun after that. Patting my jeans, I got on my feet, scanning my surrounding. The library was lighted with dim yellow lightings. It looks kinda scary unlike the other day.

 

“Where should we go now?” Bom asked, frightened.

 

I took a quick glanced at her and bit my lips. Honestly I don’t even know where to go. Bom told me that she already tried the main door but it’s locked and so does the windows. She tried looking for another exits but didn’t found one. Okay, this library is huge. The exits could be anywhere. If we split up… Hmm, no, doesn’t sound like a good idea since those maniacs are trying to kill us.

 

Anyway, the three of us stayed together while looking for any exits. I’ve heard that most libraries had secrets doors but not sure if this library had one too. But then again, who knows. Serial killers like them usually had lots of things to hide and they usually had secret paths that could lead them to anywhere. So, where do people put their secret paths?

 

Behind a bookshelf?

 

Well, there’re hella lots of bookshelves in here.

 

The walls maybe?

 

Hmm, the walls are pretty wide. Beside, none of them looks suspicious.

 

The floors? The portraits?

 

God, this is driving me insane!

 

“Where should we look for the exits?”

 

I looked at the Nickhun over my shoulder. I gave the couple a shrug and asked them to look anywhere. Yeah so we decided to just split up. Maybe we could find it ASAP this way. The couple went to the basement floor while I was stuck at the first floor where they’re lots and lots of bookshelves, comparing to the basement floor.

 

I neared the wall, pressing my ear gently on it while giving it a light knock. I did the same on the others yet haven’t found anything. I sighed and moved to the bookshelves. I took out the thickest book and let it slipped off from my hand which gave a light thud but irritating echoed sound when it hits the floor.

 

From the thickest to the thinnest… still nothing happens. I was tired so I take a few seconds of break. I leaned against one of the bookshelves, folding my arms and shut my eyes closed. It was quiet. All I could hear were the sound of the ac above me and those couple rummaging through stuff. They didn’t made lots of noise though.

 

As I inhaled the cold air, I heard a clicking sound all of the sudden. It sounds so near… like it’s coming from behind. I spun around and stared at the bookshelf I leaned on. I swear its coming from behind this bookshelf. I hear right and I know what I’m hearing… my ears never failed me.

 

“Ni-”

 

I was about to called those two when the unlocking sounds of the main door stopped me. Slowly, the door creaked open, revealing one of those councils, Hara.

 

She took a deep breath and a smiled carved on her lips. She closed the door behind her before locking it again. After putting the key in her pocket, she hummed a tune while walking around the library, hunting for us. She didn’t bring any weapon with her. Even though she’s unarmed, she still looks dangerous and scary.

 

My eyes wandered in search for Nickhun and Bom. I’ve finally spotted them hiding behind the bookshelves. Letting out a quiet relieve sighed, I backed away, tip-toeing further inside. I then sat under a table with a hope that she’ll go away.

 

-End-

 

-Key pov-

 

Without giving it a long thought, we decided to follow the secret path. We might don’t know where it leads us but at least we got ourselves out from those bulls.

 

Jiyong was okay now. He even walks on his own two feet. He didn’t asked much about what happened. He only asked about him being unconscious and this path. It was dark in here, good thing I’ve brought my mini torch light with me.

 

The path was made from concrete and it’s sorta dusty. Cobwebs could be seen everywhere. I was expecting rats but there’s none.

 

“This is crazy.” Seunghyun uttered.

 

Jiyong looked at him and didn’t say anything. Indeed. This is more than crazy for me. I felt like I was in a nightmare and hoped that I would get up soon. No matter how much I tried not to believe in this s, I still can’t help but accept the fact and believe in it.

 

Our walked came to a stop. There’s no more path but a plain wall with a small red button on the side. Seunghyun brought his finger to the button and pressed it gently. The dead end wall that we thought before was now a door. A chilly air started to mingle on our skins. We walked through the door and realize that we’re actually in the library. Wow, from the cafeteria to the library… how fascinating.

 

We saw that the main door was wide opened. I bet that they hid our friends in here.

 

Senghyun nudged me, “They’ve escape or it’s one of those crazies?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

I looked around the library and saw books scattered messily on the floor. Could this person looking for something or what?

 

“Guys!”

 

Jiyong, who was standing in front of me with his front facing me, flashed a smile upon hearing that voice.

 

“Kibum…” Seunghyun smiled lightly and walked towards him.

 

So he’s okay… thank god.

 

“I’m with Nickhun and Bom,” He informed, “But now I’m all alone cause they sneaked up to Hara, snatched her key and ran off.”

 

“Ran off?” Jiyong repeated.

 

He nodded, “And that girl is chasing them.”

 

The four of us then walked out of the library. We wanted to find the others so we started looking from the football field.

 

-End-

 

-Jiyeon pov-

 

I kept running and running till my feet couldn’t carry me no more. I was currently hiding behind some thick bushes, in front of the school main entrance.

 

I need to gain my energy back so that I can fight her and hopefully find the others. Hope they’re okay…

 

I stay still in my position for quite some times now. Okay, where should I go next… the school building, the library or the gym?

 

But now, I’m currently in front of the school building. So I guess the school building is my next destination then.

 

After gaining back my energy, I jogged towards the main entrance. Surprisingly, it’s unlocked. Taking in a deep breath, I walked inside… closing the door quietly behind me. The hallway was dark and I didn’t know where the hell the switches were. Seriously, this ing game is started to get on my nerve. I felt like burning this entire school if only I had the fire or anything that could burn.

 

Huh, now what? Should I go or stay?

 

-End-