Inhuman

Elm High: Behave Or Die


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

 

-Seunghyun pov-

 

So they locked me inside this ing cafeteria. How nice of them. Really…

 

I the dim light which gives out the romantic atmosphere. Psht, stupid….

 

Taking out my cigs pack from my back pocket, I walked into the kitchen to look for a stove or a lighter. I stuck the cig between my lips while searching for my cig lighter. I went deep inside the kitchen and was surprised on how huge it is. Normally, kitchens are small and medium in size but this one is different… even the smell is different.

 

The smell is somehow bad like rotten food or whatever you called it.

 

Finally, I found a lighter as I walked along the cold kitchen hallway. I light my cig and put the lighter back on its place. I’ve decided to go deeper inside the kitchen. Who knows if there’s any exit.

 

Strange enough, the deeper I go, the colder it gets. I didn’t see any damn ac’s in here.

 

 I paused when I suddenly bumped into a wooden table. I eyed it as I puffed my cig. The table was long and huge and on top of it, sits a plate of food. Raising my eyebrow in curiosity, I examined the food, taking a few steps closer to it. It has a quite mouth-watering smell. I took a nearby fork and started poking through the food contains. Most of them are circles in shape and some are square and triangle.

 

Oh.my.…

 

My eyes popped out. The round food that I thought was a chicken ball is actually an eyeball. And the square and triangle meat is actually brains…

 

The fork slipped off from my hand and fell to the floor. I didn’t feel sick or anything. I’m just in deep shock to know that these s and this school are doing something far from evil.

 

Could these be from the previous students?

 

All of the sudden, echoed of footsteps could be heard, snapping me out from my reverie. As I spun around, I sighed in relief to see Key. Smirking, I puffed my cig and approached him.

 

“I thought you’re one of those faces.” He said, looking around.

 

“Crazy faces that is,” I corrected, “Check this out.”

 

I gestured Key to follow me. I showed him the bowl of human meat. He lifted his eyebrow as a response while cursing silently under his breath.

 

I crossed my arms, “We better find the others.”

 

Key pushed the bowl aside with a nod. He then roamed around the kitchen, scanning the place and hoping that he could find something useful such as weapons. As for me, I just stood there, enjoying my cig while watching out for those maniacs.

 

“I found a knife.” He informed.

 

“Something that doesn’t kill… we don’t kill people.” I reminded.

 

“You expect safe utensils in a kitchen?”

 

I smirked slightly, raising my hand and showed Key my middle finger.

 

“Frozen fish?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“Leek? Broccolis? Oh, there’s a frozen whole chicken…”

 

“Are you trying to feed them?” I asked, looking at him over my shoulder.

 

He shrugged, closing the fridge by kicking it lightly.  

 

“Is there anyone out there?”

 

The sudden voice caught our attention. We looked at each other before Key nodded in agreement to check where the voice came from. There’s a small hallway deep inside the kitchen. I threw my cig away and grabbed a broken pipe that was lying on the floor as we walk.  From afar, we could hear some clacking noise.

 

 So, this dude is locked inside a room?

 

“Help, anyone!”

 

That voice… somehow sounds familiar.

 

“It sounds like Jiyong.”

 

I stopped and looked at Key. He gestured me with his head as he walked further inside. Hmm, it felt somewhat cold. We finally came to a stop when we saw a freezer room.

 

Without wasting another time, we rushed to the door and tried to open it.

 

“It’s lock.” Key breathed heavily.

 

The ing temperature makes us shiver. I peek through the square medium-sized glass window at the middle of the metal icy door and saw someone sitting on the floor with his back leaning against the wall. He seemed unconscious… and familiar. His face was covered by his bangs which makes it hard to see his face. I scanned his uniform and I could tell he’s not Kibum.

 

Wait; could he be Jiyong?

 

“Jiyong!” I yelled through the glass.

 

There’s no response. , we have to get him out of there or he’ll die freezing his off!

 

I looked around and spotted an axe in the emergency case. I ran towards it, smashing the glass into pieces with the pipe and ran back to the door. I smashed the glass and shouted Jiyong’s name.

 

I went inside the freezer through the window when there’s still no answer. The freezer was damn cold but I ignore it and hurried to Jiyong’s aid. I knelt next to him, cupping his face to see who he was and Key was right, it’s Jiyong…

 

He’s still breathing and so that means he’s still alive. I carried him bridal style. Good thing he’s lighter than me. I steadied myself and tried to fight the coldness that overwhelmed my body. Carefully, I headed for the window. Key held his arms as I passed Jiyong to him through the opening. He then slowly laid him on the floor and helped me after that.

 

Damn, I’m ing freezing!

 

“You’re okay?” Key asked worriedly.

 

“I’m… I’m fi- fine,” I stuttered, “Le- let’s… g- go…”

 

I helped Key positioned Jiyong behind his back. He hissed a little from the coldness and Jiyong’s weight.

 

So I asked if his small body could handle Ji’s weight. He just smiled, telling me that it’s not a big deal. We headed back to the warm kitchen to warm ourselves.

 

Our pace quicken as we seen the kitchen ahead of us. At last, we arrived and we could feel the warmness heats off our bodies. Key placed Jiyong on the floor, using the table to support his body.

 

“Jiyong.”

 

This kid is still unconscious due to the coldness. Key placed his probably already warm hands on Jiyong’s neck in order to warm it.

 

“He’s still freezing.” Key stated.

 

“That won’t work,” I said panting a little, “Hug him.”

 

With a nod, he pulled Ji closer to him and wrapped his arms around his body. I shut my eyes close, leaning against the wall with a heavy sighed.

 

Hope he’s okay…

 

Just when I was about to calmed my mind, I heard a door being swung opened, causing both key and I to startled. We exchanged glances as we don’t have a ing idea who could that be so to make sure Jiyong’s safe, I commanded Key to hide with him while I check out our mystery guest. Disarmed, I nonchalantly walked out of the kitchen. I hid behind some counters as I saw two figures walked pass the double-door with small, square transparent windows.

 

I gritted my teeth upon seeing Dara and Ryeowook. I inhaled deeply to calmed myself. I can’t lose this one… not when it involves mine and my friend’s lives…

 

My phone suddenly vibrated. I fished it out and got a text message from Key, saying that he’d found an exit. Swiftly, I went back inside. There, I saw him standing near a door, a door that doesn’t exist before with Jiyong in his arms.

 

A secret door…

 

I wonder… if we go there… where would it lead us?

 

-End-