Chapter 8, Lunch

1000 years of sleep

 

“Are we there yet?” I whine, “Almost just a little bit more” he replies as we continue walking. Baekhyun had lead us away from the training ground into the forest and we’ve been walking for 10mins without the scenery changing, just trees everywhere. “Baekhyun do you even know where we are?” I ask. “Of course I do. Don’t you trust me?” he says pouting but then points at a tree that was painted with a neon orange strip, “See I knew we were going the right way” he declares.

 

“Ok, now close your eyes” “What” I ask baffled, “Just close your eyes I’ll lead you” I close my eyes as told and feel him grab my hand. He leads me off the worn path we were on into the forest ground, I trip over a tree root but his hand steadies me grabbing my waist. “You alright” he asks concerned, I can just imagine him making big eyes at me. “Yep” I say and we continue, he stops walking and let’s go of my hand “Open your eyes” he whispers sending shivers down my back.

 

I slowly open my eyes and gasp at the sight before me, there was a lake the color of ice blue with a fountain in the middle, it was surrounded by huge willow trees and I could hear animals scurrying and see a deer run by. Families of fireflies fly past and sit in a tree lighting it up, it was beautiful and I was speechless.

 

I turn around to see Baekhyun smiling at me, sitting on the blanket he laid down under one of the willow trees, “Come and sit Rose” he says while patting the empty spot next to him. I walk over shyly completely aware of how far away we are from the others and that we were all alone.

 

I sit down next to him and he open the picnic basket reveling a variety of different foods, I raise my eyebrows at him and he rubs his neck, “I wasn’t sure what you like besides pizza so I brought a bunch of stuff.” He pulls out different containers with cake, fruit, meat, sushi, and of course pizza in them. I immediately open the one with pizza a pick up a slice with vegetables on it and stuff it into my mouth.

 

Baekhyun chuckles at me before opening up the container with meat in it offering me a piece. I shake my head rejecting the offer “Sorry but I’m a vegetarian” I say and his eyes widen to oblivion “You don’t eat meat!?!” he exclaims. I sigh, I hate it when people make a big deal of it “I lived with animals before and I can’t eat it now because it could be someone I once knew.” After I explained he looked back at the meat and closed the container with a disgusted face “Your right” he says to my surprise. He puts the meat away and starts munching on some grapes.

 

We finish eating lunch and I lay down on my back feeling full and lazy ready to sleep. “That was some good pizza” I say and he chuckles “Thanks, I’ll take it you liked my cooking.” My eyes widen a bit “You cooked that?” I ask and he nods his head. “Yah, it wasn’t bad was it?” he asks but I shake my head “No, I’m just surprised that you can cook” I say and he smiles “There’s more to me than meets the eye.”  

 

“Rose?” says Baekhyun laying down next me moving the picnic basket from between us, “Yes Baekhyun?” I say while closing my eyes. “What’s your power?” he says while playing with a lock of his hair, I open my eyes and sit up looking down at his perfect face “I actually have 2” I answer. He sits up straight surprised and waits for me to continue.

 

“My original powers are spell casting, and physics” I begin, “Physics?” he says bewildered. “Yep physics, to be more exact quantum physics, so I can control atoms, and manipulate them to my needs.” He looks at me confused for a moment but then understanding appears on his face only to be replaced with confusion again. “Wait you said original powers” I nod my head “Yep original, here I’ll explain. First what is everything made up of?” I ask.

 

He thinks for a moment and then the answer appears before him “Atoms, and particles.” “Exactly, so if everything is made up of particles and atoms my power has no limit correct?” He agree right away this time “That’s right!” “So this means that I can control fire, water, air, humans, you name it, just because I can control the sub atomic particles. Now as for spell casting that explains itself. But I guess that I also have another sort of.”

 

I tilt my head and think for a moment wondering the best way to phrase it, “Well you know how I fall asleep and don’t wake for a thousand years correct?” he nods his head eager for the information. “That has to do with my spell casting ability, the elders of my time knew that they needed a warrior that could destroy whatever comes to attack us, and at that time it had been the giants.”

 

 He gives me an inquiring look but I just shake my head continuing the story “Because of my ability to cast spells they had thought it would be best if they chose me because I would be experienced.” A frown appeared on his face as if he knew where this story was leading to.

 

 “So they combined their powers and made it so that I possessed the ability to kill an entire clan through a spell, and after casting that I would go into my sleep to recover and awaken when the world needs me again. This by chance happens to be every 1000 years.” I finish my story and watch as Baekhyun stares at me with a new found interest. I squirm under his gaze as he lies back down.

 

“That ing stupid” I look at him shock that swear words were coming out of his mouth. “I mean like they didn’t even ask you or anything, and completely ruined your life!” he exclaims flinging his arms up into the air. I shrug my shoulders and lay down as well “That’s just how it is” I say and close my eyes “But then after we defeat the werewolves are you just going to sleep again?!?!” he asks aghast.

 

I nod my head, I open my eyes as I hear movement and Baekhyun suddenly was on top of me. His hands placed on either side of my head and my legs in between his, him on his knees. My eyes widen as I see his eyes that no longer were smiling at me, “Baekhyun?” I ask as fear fills me. He leans in his lips next to my ear and I flinch as I feel his hot breath on my ear.

 

“What if I don’t want you to go back to sleep?” his voice 2 octaves lower than usual, I bite my lips confused about what to do, one side of me wanted to push him off and the other wanted to pull him closer. “Hmm Rose? What then?” he whispers again, I close my eyes as waves of heat flow over my body. I feel him pull back and open my eyes and am looking straight into his face only inches away.

 

My breath gets caught in my throat as I notice once again how perfect he was and my attention is drawn to his lips. He smirks causing me to blush and his smirk gets even wider. “You didn’t answer my question Rose” he says his voice still so deep. I ask myself how I could have not seen this side to him before and where this sudden y side came from. He moves his hand from beside my head and places it on my waist sending new waves of fear through my body. Never had I been in such a situation before.

 

Baekhyun notices the fear in her eyes as he places his hand on her waist, it drives him insane and he just wanted to touch her more and make her scream his name but he knew that in the end, she would hate him. He sighed and slowly got of her rolling back onto the blanket. “I’m sorry” he whispers covering his face with his arms.

 

I lay frozen on the blanket waiting for my heart rate to return to normal, “I’m sorry” I hear him whisper, I sit up and turn towards him removing his hands from his face. “What’s there to be sorry about?” I ask he tilts his head confused but as I smirk he smiles and sits up as well. “If it’s like that then, I guess I can have a bit more fun” he says and curls his finger around a lock of my hair with a seductive look.

 

I widen my eyes and he laughs, I frown but then hear a noise coming from the trees. “Shh” I say and my senses heighten. He shuts up immediately and turns to where I was looking, I whisper a spell and my ears sharpen and grow into those of a cat. He raises his eyebrows impressed and I smile reveling huge canine teeth and he rubs his eyes thinking he’s seeing things.

 

I shake my head but focus my attention back onto that spot, something was there, something big. I feel the vibration in the earth and my eyes widen in surprise. How the hell could I not have noticed it before! I turn and look at Baekhyun who was crouching ready to attack and I roll my eyes. That’s why I say answering my own question.

 

Something comes shooting out of the woods straight at us, something furry. I push Baekhyun out of the way just in time and the werewolf slams into the tree instead of us. “Get out of the way!” I scream at Baekhyun as I pull out daggers hidden beneath my sweater and throw them at the beast. It avoids them just in time and comes sprinting toward me. It leaps ready to sink his teeth into my shoulder but I jump up avoiding it and spin into a drop kick landing on it head.

 

The werewolf growls in pain but swats at me with his paws, they connect and I go flying off landing in the lake. I swim to the surface to see it cornering Baekhyun around a tree. He creates a light in his hand and lets it explode blinding the beast. It stands up on his hind legs roaring in pain as the light had seared its fur.

 

As it lands on all 4 paws I see my chance, I rush out of the lake running at full speed and jump landing on its back, I wrap my arms around its big neck and it tries to shake me off slamming into trees. I squeeze with all my might and the werewolf goes limp in my arms after a moment sagging to the ground.

 

I get off and approach Baekhyun he steps back and I sigh letting my ears turn back to normal, he steps closer to me slowly. “Is it dead?” he asks and I poke the werewolf with my foot. “Yep it’s dead” I say and start wiping off dog hair from my clothes with a grim expression. “Rose, what does this mean?” he asks tentatively. “It means lunch is over, back to training.”

 

We quickly clean up and make our way back to the castle to get the others.