Chapter 24, Tao

1000 years of sleep

 

*this chapter contains wushu terminology so for those of you who don’t know what they are here are the definitions :D

 

Front Stretch Kick (Zheng Ti Tui)
It involves a straight kick towards one’s own forehead while keeping one’s vertical posture. The ultimate goal is to be able to kick pass the side of your head (not above your head) such that your foot is able to reach the opponent’s head if he grabs from behind you. This may sound unrealistic but many Wushu practitioners are able to execute this Wushu Kick easily with much training since young.
Apart from attacking the opponent behind you, this Wushu Kick can also be used to attack an attacker in front of you. The “slapping” down motion can be targeted at the forehead or collar bone. With good fundamentals, this Wushu Kick creates enough force to even break the collar bone of the opponent. 

Vertical Punch

The vertical punch, a staple in Chinese martial arts, is so named because the fist is delivered with the thumb on top and the pinkie on the bottom. According to Wing Chun Kung Fu Training, the fighter keeps his hand loose when launching the punch and then tightly clenches his fist a split second before impact. The fighter should aim his strike nearly an inch behind the target, rather than at the target's surface. This will allow his power to strike through the target, which is more likely to disable his opponent.

Swing Kicks

Swing kicks deliver power from the ground up to an opponent's head. The fighter performs the front swing kick by flexing his foot and swinging his leg directly up to the face level without bending the knee. This strikes the opponent under the chin or in the shoulder. The cross swing kick is also delivered with a flexed foot except it crosses the fighter's body and strikes the opponent on the opposite side of the head. A fighter must be flexible and keep his shoulders loose to effectively perform a swing kick.

Crescent Kicks

Crescent kicks move in an arc from one side of the fighter's body to the other. To perform the inner crescent kick, the fighter swings his leg upward with the knee straight, and then directs his foot from the outer side to the inner side of his body. He strikes his opponent on the side of the head or shoulder with the inner edge of his foot. The outer crescent is directed from the inner side to the outer side of the fighter's body, striking with the outer edge of the foot.

 


 

          “Ok then, Tao you can go first” I say and watch as Tao eagerly runs into to the weapons house and Sehun sulks next to Suho who was trying to comfort him. I look around to see everyone still there and get confused “Um, you guys can leave now if you want” I say and they shake their heads. “No thanks Rose we want to stay and watch” Chanyeol says flashing his ever so bright smile which I can’t help but return.

 

         I shrug my shoulders as a reply and make my way over to the center of the training arena waiting for Tao to return. A few moments pass and as I was beginning to get bored waiting for Tao he suddenly comes rushing out of the house. “I found it!” he shouts happily and walks over to me what looked like a colorful cane.

 

          As he walks closer to me I get a better look at it, it was a sleek black cane covered in jewels of all kinds, diamonds, ambers, rubies, sapphires, you name it and it was on that cane of his. He smiled proudly as he held it out next to me and it was taller than me by about a foot but still smaller than Tao. “Isn’t it pretty?" he questions and I nod my head “But Tao why do you have all those jewels on it?” I asked wondering if he really only put them on it because he thinks it looks ‘pretty.’ ”Duh it hurts more when it hits someone” he says with attitude adding in a little hair flip for good measures and I roll my eyes.

 

           All thought Tao was being annoying it was true; it would give one heck of a head ache if that ever hit anyone in the head. I quickly set up some test dummies with the help of Jane and quietly wonder to myself where the hell was she getting all these dummies? I shake my head to get rid of the thought and move out of the way gesturing Tao towards the dummies.

 

           “Alright Tao show me what you can do” I say and watch as he smirks walking towards the dummies swaying his shoulders trying to act cool. He reaches the dummies and takes a deep breath; he closes his eyes for a moment banging the cane against the ground. At the third bang he suddenly opens his eyes and his usual playfulness was gone, what stood in its place was fierce charisma.

 

          He swung the cane around his head and bashed it into the first dummy like he was playing baseball and the head was the ball. The head of the dummy came flying off and soared in the direction of sidelines; luckily Luhan was there and stopped it from hitting a very confused looking Chen.

 

           After hitting the first dummy Tao spun around with more grace than I had expected for such a tall and lanky boy jabbing the end of the cane into the dummies chest making it collapse.  He swiftly faces the rest and presses a hidden button on the cane causing a gleaming dagger to protrude from the end. Using this to his advantage he finished the rest off in seconds slashing them to smithereens.

 

          He walks over to me and stands there anticipating my response looking at me with large eyes “Wow Tao, you’re really skilled” I praise and watch as he smiles brightly. Taking a step closer he leans down to whisper in my ear “That’s not the only thing I’m skilled at Rose” I furrow my eyebrows confused by the meaning until he moves away smirking his message becoming clear and I feel myself blush.

 

          He chuckles at my response and I clear my throat nervously “Well anyway let’s move on. How are you combat skills?” I ask and he smirks “Since I happened to be trained in wushu I’d say that they’re better than the rest.” I raise my eyebrows “Well ok then let’s get started, punch me” I say in a monotone voice and watch as Tao fidgets not moving. “Tao what’s wrong” I ask frowning and he looks down “Are you sure it’s ok for me to punch you Noona?” he asks and I smile at the fact that he considered me his Noona.

 

         “Yes Tao, now hurry up I still have to train Sehun too” I say placing a hand on my hip, he hesitantly walks over to me, still not punching me he looks down shyly. “COME ON TAO!” Kris shouts from the sidelines and with the encouragement from his hyung he finally punches me square in the jaw with a surprising amount of force.

 

          My head jerks to the right and I lose my balance only to have him grab my arm and steady me “You ok Noona?” Tao asks and you smile at him “Yep Tao, now let’s fight” I say unhooking his hand from my arm as I step back. We circle each other and I pay special attention to his footwork noticing that it was quick thanks to his wushu training.

 

          Without warning he suddenly attacks punching my face but I dodge and he only punches the air beside my head, quickly moving to counter I perform a crescent kick my foot landing on his face. He stumbles backwards face scrunched up from the pain but that doesn’t last long as I suddenly lunge towards him he rapidly moves out of the way avoiding me.

 

          I frown and block his upwards swing kick with my arms grimacing knowing that it’ll leave a bruise. He quickly pulls his leg away and I rush up at him dodging a couple of punches and manage to slam my knee into his gut. He groans and I smirk moving away letting Tao feel the pain before I attack again. This time as I approach him stealthily he tries to move away but I prevent him from doing so by stomping on his foot “OUCH!” he yelps and I just put more pressure on his foot as I bring back my fist to punch him.

 

          He growls in annoyance and blocks my fist with his hand; he hip chucks me off of his foot with a firm hold still on my hand and wraps he free arm around my waist pulling me close to him while yanking my arm behind my back in an uncomfortable position.

 

          I struggle a bit and he just increases the pressure on my arm causing me to whimper, and I know for a fact that we both know if I move any more he’s going to break my arm. So I did the only thing I could in this situation a front stretch kick. My foot connected with Tao face and he lets go of me immediately, quickly moving a safe distance from him I rub my sore shoulder.

 

          Tao was still clutching his nose and I figured it was time we stopped our fight before one of us seriously got hurt. “Alright that’s enough, clearly your combat skills are advanced thanks to your wushu” I say and he nods his head still clutching his nose, Lay coming running over and I point to Tao. “Check if he’s alright first” I say and Lay nods his head gingerly lifting Tao’s face to face him.

 

          He removes Tao’s hands and my eyes widen when I see blood, I rush over and look at Tao in concern as Lay examines Tao’s face closely “Hmm it’s just a broken nose nothing I can’t fix” Lay say as he cracks his knuckles. He carefully placed his hand over Tao’s nose and the younger yelps in pain. Slowly the blood stops gushing out of his nose and goes back its original position.

 

          “There, all done” Lay say contently and then turns to me, he places his hand on top of my head and heals me quickly the warm feeling only lasting mere seconds and he smiles at me as he walks back to the side lines. I stand up and watch as Tao slowly does the same “Quite the kick you have their Noona” he says and I smile brightly “Thanks, so now power training. What’s you power Tao?” I ask and he jumps up and down slightly clearly excited.

 

          “Time control” he answers and I raise an eyebrow, that was one cool power and could be very useful I think to myself. I motion for him to demonstrate and he turns his head to stare at the guys on the sidelines goofing off, with a simple snap of his fingers they were frozen. But it wasn’t just them I turn around to see leaves frozen in the wind and birds motionless in the sky. With another snap of his fingers time begins to flow again. “Wow” I say amazed and Tao chuckles.

 

          “Well let’s begin power training” I say and move to sit with Tao in the correct position, I watch as Tao closes his eyes and once they were fully closed I closed mine as well. “Now let go of your attachments to this world” I say beginning the process. It takes a minute before Tao is finally under the trance and we can move on.

 

         “Now look for your inner self, your true self” I continue and feel him tense up, I give his hands a reassuring squeeze and wait for him. It takes a while before he squeezes my hand back signaling he’s ready. “Now accept it” I say and feel Tao squirm unaware of the turmoil going on inside his head.

 

          Rose tells me accept it but how can I? Tao thinks and shake shakes his head not wanting to accept the monster he was. “Tao just because you accept it doesn’t mean it going to change who you are.” I hear Rose’s voice and nod my head. I’ll trust you Noona, Tao thinks and accepts it.

 

          I feel Tao relax and as he begins to move away I open my eyes, the same Tao was still there smiling at me and I let out a breath of relief thankful he was ok and the thing that happened to D.O didn’t happen to him. “Ok Tao so what was the range of your power before?” I ask and he shrugs “Around half a kilometer why?”

 

          I smile at him “Well now your range should have increased so you might even be able to freeze time everywhere” I say and he widens his eyes “What about specific things? I couldn’t do that before.” He says and I smirk “Why not try it out?” I say and he smirks evilly.

 

          Snapping his fingers I look over at the side lines to see Kris, Jane, Lay, Luhan, and Kai frozen the rest of them looked at the frozen people confused. I notice that as Tao uses his powers his eyes had smoky grey spirals pulsating in the iris. Tao ran over to them and fixed their positions to his liking. Lay and Luhan where now facing each other lips only centimeters apart, Jane was now sitting on Kris’s lap and Kai had been pantsed.

 

          The others were confused and Tao comes running back to me “This should be fun” he whispers before snapping his fingers again. I look over at the sidelines to watch the spectacle. “YAAAHHHH!” both Lay and Luhan shout scared less and scramble away from each other Luhan attaching himself to Xuimin like a koala and Lay clutching Chanyeol’s arm. “KYAAA” Jane shouted as she realized where she was and immediately got up blushing furiously and Kris looked away covering his lower face with his hand blushing just as much.

 

          “WHAT THE HELL!!” Kai shouts as he scrambles to pull his pants up while the rest of the guys were laughing there asses off and Sara was secretly taking pictures with Jane’s phone that she took to look at earlier.

 

          Tao happily walks over to the sidelines ignoring the glares his Hyungs and Kai where giving him settling himself next to Baekhyun. Sehun chuckles as he walks up to me and holds out his hand “My turn at last.”


Finally updated ^^

ASDFGHJKL

THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS I SERIOUSLY CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE OVER 30 SUBSCRIBERS THIS WAS LITERALLY MY REACTION WHEN I SAW  IT

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT AND I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS

AND NOW FOR SOME SHAMLESS ADVERTISING ^^

I'M WRITING THIS OTHER FIC CALLED MY TUMBLER FRIEND WITH SHINEE, CHECK IT OUT PLEASE <3333