Chapter 12, Chen

1000 years of sleep

 

        I reach out and shake Chen’s hand “Alright then let’s start, go grab your weapon of choice” he nods his head and jogs into the weapons house and I hear something fall then someone cursing. I watch as Jane trudges her way towards the house and I hear a smack then a whimper, my eyes widen in surprise.

 

         “She’s tougher than she looks hum?” I turn to see Baekhyun standing behind me chuckling. “That’s for sure” I say looking at the ground not sure how to act around him since lunch. I feel someone grab my chin and lift it up forcing me to look into Baekhyun eyes. “Sorry I couldn’t hear what you said, you were looking at the ground” he smiles at me and my heart races. “I-I said t-that’s for sure” I say my heart threatening to burst out of my chest.

 

        He chuckle again and let’s go of my chin “I FOUND IT!” I hear Chen hollering and Baekhyun smiles one last time before walking back to the side lines. I turn around to look at Chen hoping to get my mind of Baekhyun and it did. “A whip?” I question my eyebrows raised. “Yep!” he answers and holds out an electric blue colored whip “It helps me channel my powers.” “Ok, whatever floats your boat” I say and we begin his training.

 

        “So fist, how good is your accuracy with your whip?” he scratches his chin thinking “Well I can easily hit a single leaf on a tree” he says, I look at him disbelieving. “I’m serious look!” he says unwinding the whip and bringing his arm back.  He shoots his arm forward the whip performing a perfect arch with a snap, and indeed a single leaf on the tree fell to the ground.

 

        “Wow” I say and he smirks in victory “So what about a moving target then?” he pouts making a duck face and I giggle at the sight. “Well honestly I never tried” “Then that’s what we’ll work on, hit another leaf on the tree then try hitting it after.” He nods and looks at the tree again concentration filling his face, his whip hits a leaf making it fall again without problem but when he goes to hit it again he misses and keeps missing.

 

        He looks at me raising an eye brow “Is there any point in me trying to hit a target I know I’m not going to hit?” “Yep, so you know you can’t hit it” I say and he looks taken aback. “Anyway, let’s start with something bigger now, Luhan!” I shout his name and he comes jogging over “What’s up Rose?” “Using your power move the dummy move left and right” he does so but to slowly “Faster Luhan” I say and he starts moving the dummy around 40m/h.

 

        “Alright Chen now try hitting that” I watch as he tries a couple of times waiting to see if he gets what he’s supposed to be looking for but he doesn’t. “Chen, using a whip mean you have to your logical an analytical side of your brain as well” I say and then understanding crosses his face. He raises his whip once more and lashes out this time hitting the dummy leaving a gash in the front of it with stuffing spilling out.

 

        “I-I did it? I DID IT ROSE! I DID IT!” Chen exclaims happy with his accomplishment hugging me tightly. “Now I know why I could never hit it before!” he exclaims again letting me go. “Explain Chen” I say praying that he actually did the right thing and it wasn’t just dumb luck.

 

        “I had to anticipate its movements. Because it’s moving I always have to be thinking about where it’s likely to go next and then strike at that position. That’s why I couldn't hit the leaf! Because I was focusing on where it was then, not where it’s going to be when my whip gets there!” I smile happy for him. “Ready to try the leaf again?’ I ask “Hell yah!” he exclaims.

 

        I watch as he walks back to the tree with new found confidence. He hits the leaf and it falls, he goes to hit it again and again each time the whip striking it. He does a little dance and lashes out his whip again this time it wraps around Luhan and Chen pulls it forcing Luhan to come flying towards him only to have the younger give him a hug. “I did it Hyung!” Luhan laughs then pats Chen back “That you did, now let me go.” Chen blushes and quickly releases Luhan from his embrace and unwraps his whip from him. “Sorry” Chen mumbles and Luhan ruffles his hair.

 

        “Now that you can use your whip properly lets work on your combat skills ok? Punch me” I say and he nervously walks up to me and pounds his fist into my face. Before I could fall over from the impact I step back and lower my center of gravity keeping me up right. I open and close my jaw a couple of times getting rid of the numb feeling that came over it.

 

        “Was that too hard?” asks Chen while he carefully touched my cheek worried, I smile at him and shake my head “Not at all.” He smiles relieved and I can’t help but have my heart skip a beat. I remove his hand from my cheek and we begin fighting.

 

        He raises his fist and I block expecting a punch but he just smirks, turns and side kicks me. I fall from the impact but get up performing a flip and punch him in his face. He steps back and grimaces but recovers quickly and goes to punch me but I dodge.

 

        He fires more punches all aimed at my face and I dodge each backing up. Before I knew it my back was against a tree with no more room to move, before I could move forward and attack or even move to the sides. Chen had grabbed my arms and pinned them above my head, I struggle trying to get free but my eyes widen as he leans in closer to me breathing on my neck.

 

        I flinch and struggle some more but freeze as he chuckles in my ear sending waves of fear though me, his chuckle reminding me of one so long ago, one I prayed I would never hear again. “C-Chen l-let go” I say but he just chuckles again. “But if I do you’ll win the fight” he replies not knowing that I was truly frightened at that moment, not becuase of him, but because of something in my past. Unable to stand it anymore I knee him in the balls like I had done with Kris, Chen immediately let’s go and doubles up on the floor.

 

        I catch my breath breathing heavily, I look at Chen on the ground and approach him but before I could touch him he gets up and slams his fist into my face. My head sharply turns left from the impact and I kick him in the face. Both of us get ready for the other to attack, I look over to see the sun slowly setting and sit on the ground confusing Chen.

 

        “Well I think that’s enough fighting, you seem to be able to take care of yourself and with your powers help that should be more than enough. But a tip, when kicking someone put enough power behind it by straightening out your leg instead of leaving it bend.” He nods at the advice and tries out a couple of test kicks looking at me for approval. I nod my head “So what’s your power Chen? And why does a whip help channel your powers?” I ask completely curios.

 

        He smirks and picks up his whip from the ground where he had left it “My power is lightning” Chen first opens his palm and little sparks start flashing. “Now as for how the whip helps, I’ll show you” He raises his arm the whip in his hand and storm clouds fill the sky, a bright light came off of Chen and I had to close my eyes because of it.

 

         When I open them my mouth dropped, he was still holding the whip but it no longer was just ordinary. It was surrounded and engulfed in lightning while Chen just stood calmly holding it, it looked like he was holding a whip made of lighting and when he used it on a tree, the tree just burst into flames coming in contact with the lightning whip.

 

        “Wow” was all I could say, he let the lighting on the whip disappear and sat down in front of me “So you get now why I like the whip?” he questions and I nod my head. “Where did you learn to do that” I ask impressed “Just practice and an accident actually” he says smiling. I always thought that Chen was just an idiot that made people laugh, boy was I wrong I thought while shaking my head.

 

        “Alright now let’s start with your power training” we get into the correct position and Chen easily gets into the trance letting go of his attachments easily enough understanding that it didn’t mean to forget about them. “Find your inner self, your true self.” Surprisingly Chen also managed to do it easily, unlike the others he knew what he was hiding from his friends. “Now accept it Chen” I say.

 

        He takes a good long look at his inner self and decides that it’s worth it, he easily accepts himself surprising me considering his training was the shortest. We separate and I look at him questiongly (Is that a word?) “What?” he asks

 

        “Nothing it’s just that your different than what I expect that’s all”

 

        “Well you know Rose, never judge a book by its cover” he says winking at me.

 

        We shake hands again and he thanks me for my training “Ah! But before you leave show us your improved power using the same effort you used to create those little sparks in your hands.” He nods and does as told raising his palm, unfortunately instead of sparks appearing in his palm a large lighting storm kicked in and lighting was striking the area all around us.

 

        “HOLY CRAP!!” I heard Luhan shout as a lightning bolt struck down next to him. He jumped up and attached himself to Lay like a baby koala while Kris was embracing Jane who was quivering. Baekhyun was just standing there like an idiot with his mouth wide open frozen and I see a lightning bolt heading towards him "BAEKHYUN!” I scream and he still doesn’t move.

 

        “” I curse and run up to him reaching him in the nick of time and push him down just avoiding the lightning bolt. “CHEN MAKE IT STOP!” yelled Lay and Kris simultaneously, he nodded looking confused and the lightning stopped flashing. “LUHAN GET OFF IT’S OVER NOW!” yelled Lay unhooking Luhan iron grip on him. Kris on the other hand was still holding Jane while blushing a bit and Chen fell on his but looking amazed.

 

        I slowly get up propping myself on my elbow only to be face to face with Baekhyun, a blush make its way onto my face as I feel Baekhyuns arms around my waist. “OHH LA LA!” I hear Luhan and Lay say while one of the whistles. My blush deepens and Baekhyun starts blushing as well, I get off of him and see Jane and Kris also blushing and Chen still sitting on the ground. 

 

        “YA! Get up you destruction machine” Luhan said while smacking Chen on the head “Ow” Chen gave Luhan a glare who just  skipped back Lay ignoring it. “Let’s go inside it’s getting late” Kris says and Jane nods “Yep, let’s go get something to eat to, we’re done here right Rose?” asks Jane and I nod my head “We’re done for today.”

 


So what do you guys think? ^^

Seems like Baekhyun's gonna have some competition after today XD can you guys guess who? 

So who's this mystery person Rose is so afraid of anyway? hmm? 

Well your just going to have to wait my little ducklings XD

And can we just take a minute to appreciate how amazing Chen looks with eye liner and with the whole bad boy look, bcz seriously spazzing right now

asdfghhjkl!!! My feels...TT^TT