Chapter 2, The Enemy

1000 years of sleep

 

I fidget in my seat as I look around the room; it was circular with 12 desks surrounding the perimeter and doors behind each desk, with my seat in the center. Baekhyun had led me up from the underground room into an elevator using a card key he kept in his pocket; ironically the elevator went straight up into castle of Narina.

 

I hear a door open and look to the right to see Baekhyun walking in, “The others are coming soon” he says as he sits at the desk directly in front of the door he came in. “So who are these other 11 guys you mentioned?” I ask out of curiosity.

 

“Well…” he starts then tilts his head a bit “I guess you could say that each of us was chosen by the people to rule over Octavia together because we’re the fiercest fighters and can defend them.” I nod my head digesting the information, “A lot has changed since I was last awake.”

 

I glance at him and he quickly looks down avoiding my eyes as a small blush creeps its way onto his cheeks.  “You where staring at me” I state smirking. He looks up again pouting slightly “I was not!” he whined.

 

I chuckle but stop immediately as the other doors opened, I narrow my eyes as the other 11 boys walk in, and my jaw drops again. They were all drop dead gorgeous, each with their own striking feature that made them stand out.

 

 

 

 

They all sat at the desk in front of the door they walked in and take a good look at me. I clear my throat and look at each of them in turn. They all were pretty young to be ruling over Octavia, especially the 2 that sat directly in front of me, they couldn’t be older than 16 at the most.

 

“We welcome you to Narina, I am Xui min” I look at the male directly in front of me who had spoken, “Nice to meet you, I am Rosaria” I bow slightly then tilt my head to the side. “No offence, but aren’t you a little young to be ruling a country?”

 

He shakes his head chuckling “Don’t be so fast to judge someone on appearances, I’m 23 the oldest.” I can’t stop my eyes from widening causing him to laugh again. “Then what about you?” I say pointing at Luhan, “Me, I’m Luhan also 23.” My eyes widen even more if that’s even physical possible, someone breaks out laughing on the left “Stop making a D.O face!” Chanyeol exclaims.

 

I furrow my eyebrows confused until a boy with extremely large eyes exclaims “Hyung!” “Ok, ok I think it’s about time we introduce ourselves, I’m Kris” I look at the male on the other side of Xui min and can clearly see he’s the tallest even when sitting down.

 

The others introduce themselves in turn ending with Sehun directly behind me. “So...how’s the state of the world now?” I question and immediately a somber expression covers all their faces including Baekhyun’s. “That bad?” I gasp and Kris tilts his head looking at the ground.

 

“See the thing is…” begins Tao, but then he scratches his head looking confused about how to start. “It’s not as bad you’re probably thinking Rose” says Lay. “Or it could be worse” adds in Chen, “Hyung, you’re going to scare her” says Kai. I close my eyes and sigh as I listen to them bickering back and forth about me and somehow they managed to end up on the topic of burritos.

 

Unable to stand it anymore I suddenly stand up shutting them up. “Would someone please just tell me what’s going on!” I exclaim glaring at them causing Tao and Sehun to squirm.

 

“I’ll explain” I turn to see Suho raising his hand, “Finally” I say as I sit back down. “So, as you know we have always lived with the animals on Octavia in peace, and we have a good relationship with all the larger animals including the wolves” he starts and I nod my head in agreement. “Well, they have been, acting up” he says slowly, “Acting up?” I repeat confused.

 

“They’ve been killing the citizens” he stated simply, I furrow my eyebrows not believing what I was hearing. The animals and humans always lived in peace helping each other out, unless…

 

“But that’s not all” Suho continues, “They’ve changes in appearance as well” I whip my head up and look at him directly “Changed how” I ask my voice lined with a hint of a threat. “Umm…” he looks at D.O nervously who clears his throat and starts explaining “Well they’re triple their normal size and their eyes are red instead of yellow.”

 

I stand up my body shaking with anger “THEY SAID THEY WOULDN’T COME BACK!” I growl causing everyone to flinch. “THOSE LITTLE ERS ARE DEAD!” I shout slamming my fist into the back of the chair causing it to break.

 

“Um…Rose” I glare in the direction of the voice which just happens to Baekhyun. “Who are they?” he asks completely calm as the others look like he’s crazy for speaking to me in this state. I take a deep breath calming down enough to explain, “They, being the wolves you are talking about which aren’t wolves at all, but werewolves” I state.

 

“Werewolves?” Lay asks. I sigh and sit on the floor beside the mess that once used to be a chair. “I guess I have to start from the beginning” I run my hands through my hair and shake my head. “It all started a while back around 2000 years ago, even before the war with the trolls.” I start, looking at each one of them to make sure I have their full attention.

 

“Werewolves are humans that can transform into wolves” I state and D.O’s eyes widen. “In a summed up version, they used to live here in peace until they went on a rampage and killed almost everyone in the smaller cities. As warriors, we were sent to kill them and did, but left a few alive with the promise that they would leave this country and travel to an island and live there for eternity. And if they were ever to come back we would end their race for sure.” I finish and look around the room to meet everyone’s thinking face.

 

“So, then they’re back and we need to kill them all this time?” asks Kai with his eyebrow raised. “Yep” I answer and he smirks “This is going to be fun.”

 

“But” someone says and I turn around to face Chanyeol, “Why didn’t you let the rest of them that you didn’t kill live here?” he asks. “Because, they had lost the human side to them and where just killing machines” I answer and he shivers from the thought.

 

“So now what?” asks Luhan and I turn to face him “Now, we go train and get ready for the war that’s coming” I say narrowing my eyes. 

 


 

Hello my lovely readers author here :D

First I want ot thank you all for reading my fic, means so much to me TT^TT 

And I want to apoligize for such a boring chapter >w<

But! I had to add it in for the rest of the story to make sence and to introduce the rest of Exo :P