Chapter 6, Xui min

1000 years of sleep

 

Xui min stops in front of me and bows slightly, I return to bow and walk with him to the weapons house. There he picks out 2 guns, short white pistols almost the color of snow, “Guns?” I ask raising my eyebrow. “What can I say, I have a thing for shooting things” he smirks; I shake my head and walk on to the training area with him.

 

I point at the targets still up “Take your best shot” he nods raising the guns and shots, both bullets hitting the target dead center. I raise my eyebrows impressed and tell him to do it again. He shots at the target 10 more times always hitting it perfectly. I nod my head satisfied “Your aim is perfect no need to improve that but what about your basic combat skills?” I question.  

 

This time he looks down and rubs his neck sheepishly “I’m not usually in the battle but above it and shooting down, so...” I interrupt him before he can continue “Understandable but you still need to know how to fight” he nods his head slowly his eyes on the ground.

 

I instruct Jane to grab some practice dummies and she does but not before she gives me a dirty look, I raise my eyebrows at her but she turns away ignoring me. “Ok now punch me Xui min” he does as told without any hesitation and I manage to keep my balance. I rub my cheek thoughtfully where he had hit me while he stands there just staring at me. I instruct him to punch the dummy and he does so while I sit at the ground beside him.

 

“Again” I say over and over, he must have hit the dummy at least 20 times before I told him to stop. I get up and move beside him seeing sweat forming at his brow, “Again” he punch but before he can pull his fist back I stop him. “Your punches are to wide using up to much energy make them shorter, tighter, move your legs closer together your punching not preparing to get hit.” I lecture, as I make each suggestion he takes it upon himself to move immediately into the correct position.

 

I nod satisfied after he has his stance correct, he punches the dummy a couple more times and after the last punch it came loose from its hold and flopped to the ground. “Now fight me” I saw turning towards him, he takes a step back shaking his head “I can’t possibly.” I take a step forward causing him to move back again. “Xui min relax I won’t try as hard as I did with Baekhyun” he nods slowly and approaches me carefully.

 

Out of nowhere he punches but I swiftly move to the left to avoid it, I bring my own fist up restraining myself and only hit him with about a ¼ of my strength. He falls backwards and I help him up “Widen your stance when getting hit, shorten it when hitting” I say.

 

He nods and we continue, he avoids my kick to his face and punches me in my stomach, I grimace at the pain, obviously he wasn’t holding back. I rebound by kneeing him in the stomach as payback but as I do so he grabs my arms and hurls me over his shoulders. My eyes widen in shock at his strength but I land in a crouch.

 

This time I come running at him and expecting me to punch he blocks his face but I swipe my leg under his causing him to trip and fall. He looks up shocked and I giggle, he gets up frowning ad we keep at it for another hour. Finally satisfied with his skills we stop fighting and Lay comes rushing over again to heal Xui min’s small bruises and cuts.

 

He then looks at me thoughtful and grabs my shoulder applying enough force to make me sit on the ground. “Lay?” I ask bewildered. “You’re hurt too” he says with a soft smile, he places his hand ever so gently on my cheek staring intently at my face only inches away. I feel warmth being spread over my face whether from his power or me blushing I don’t know but I look away.

 

He lifts my shirt up a smidge alarm appearing on my face but then chuckles at my expression and lets it fall back down. He helps me up and looks over at the side lines to see Baekhyuns hands clenched into fists and an evil smirk appears on his face. He lays his arm around my waist as I walk back to Xui min, I look at him confused and annoyed but he suddenly leans down and whispers into my ear.

 

 “I’ll take care of your injuries latter” he lets go and walks back to the side lines but not before winking at me. That really set Baekhyun on edge and blood appeared in his palms from his fingernails digging into them. Lay sits beside him and shakes his head; he grabs Baekhyuns hands and heals them in seconds. “You should learn to control your jealously” he states causing Baekhyun’s eyes to widen in shock.

 

Back on the training field I was talking to Xui min “What’s your power” “Ice” he answers and little snowflakes start falling in his hand creating a mini snow storm. We sit on the ground together in same position that I had done so before with Baekhyun. Xui min easily lets go of his attachment to this world and enters the trance immediately.

 

“Find your true self, your inner self deep within your soul” I command. This takes a while, I feel Xui min struggling to find his inner self lost within all the memories his mind contains. Finally after half an hour of searching he exhales deeply as he finds it, “Now accept it” I wait a moment anticipating any movement he might make indicating he was done. After a minute of nothing not even tensing up; I open my eyes to see Xui min’s already open smiling at me.

 

 

Unlike Baekhyun and most likely the rest, Xui min had no problem at all accepting himself. We separate standing up, curiosity was killing me and I had to ask “Why was it so easy for you accept yourself?”

 

  He smiles a sad little smile this time and tilts his head to the side a bit “It’s because I had already accepted myself a long time ago Rose, that’s why it took me so long to find it because I hadn’t realized that was what I was looking for. Nor had I realized that it was key to increasing my power.”

 

I nod, amazed by that fact he had already accepted himself to that extent, it made sense now why they chose him out of the 3 oldest to be the leader, he was just that wise. “Now show us your power using the same amount of effort you used to show us it in the beginning” I say.

 

He nods his head and raises his hand, he concentrates a little bit but a frown appears on his face as no snow was falling in his hand. He looks at me confused but then a huge blizzard suddenly appears covering the training area in snow. “XUI MIN STOP IT!!” screams Kris at the top of his lungs. Ice pellets the size of sweet potatoes randomly rained down on him and he quickly covers Jane’s body who was sitting beside him with his own to prevent any from hurting her.

 

Xui min looks around bewildered but nodded and the blizzard stopped as suddenly as it had come. He looks at me for an explanation but is shocked when he can’t find me. I was buried under the snow the sudden wind having knocked me down, I burst out from underneath causing him to jump back in surprise.

 

 I get up and look around the training area, it was completely covered in snow and ice, I look over at the others to see Kris helping Jane up and Suho & Lay digging out Baekhyun who was also buried under the snow. It took so much effort to contain my laughter but I couldn’t hold it in any longer after I saw how shocked Xui min was at his own power. “Well done Xui min you’ve improved a lot” I say wiping a tear from the corner of my eye. He still looked dumb founded “But I wasn’t even trying that much” he says.

 

 I nod “Exactly so imagine how big of a storm you could create if you tried your hardest, mostly likely one that could even cover the entire world. Now make the snow go away” He raises his arms, the snow immediately evaporates and I notice as he uses his powers his eyes are glittered with specks of ice blue.

 

Xui min walks up to me and bows 90 degrees I return the bow with a small one of my own. “Thank you for sharing you knowledge with me” I smile as I hear his thanks pat his shoulder “Don’t thank me but use it well.”

 

He nods briskly and walks over to his friends who glare daggers at him “Sorry” he apologizes embarrassed and makes a face that oddly resembles a baozi. They bust out in laughter and he sits down on the soggy ground with a smile.

 

Suho hops up like a bunny and runs over to me shaking my hand “I can’t wait to start!” he exclaims with his signature smile that made my heart skip a beat. 

 

 

“Then let’s begin.”