Chapter 11, Luhan

1000 years of sleep

 

*this chapter contains Fencing terminology so for those of you who don’t know what they are here are the definitions :D

Passata Sotto

The passata sotto is an evasive movement with a twist. Evade your opponent's attack by dropping your body beneath his or her weapon, placing your free hand on the ground for support and balance. As your opponent looms over you, straighten your sword arm and attempt to stab your adversary.

Parry

A parry is a defensive move aimed at blocking or deflecting an opponent's attack with your blade. The basic parry is further divided into subcategories, each referring to specific directional movements of your sword. You would use the "parry of four", for example, to block an attack aimed at your right side and the "parry of six" to block an attack aimed at the left side of your body.

Lunge

The lunge is a standard but highly effective attacking movement. From the basic fencing position, extend your right foot forward as far as possible without overstretching or losing balance. As you lunge towards your opponent, extend your sword arm and engage your opponent with a stab or slash.

 


 

        Luhan and I walk over to the weapons house and search around for his weapon. “I swear I left it here” he says exasperated. “Well it’s not here Luhan” I reply searching within the drawers. “JANE!” he hollers out the door, she appears moments later looking annoyed “What?” “Where’s my sword?” Luhan wines, she walks up to the wall hanging with swords and shakes her head.

 

        “It’s not here Lulu, someone else must have taken it” she shrugs and walks out of the house. “But I want my sword” he wines again “Luhan I’m sure the other swords work just fine” I say. But I understand how he feels, once you find a sword you like you never want to use another because that certain one fits your movements perfectly.

 

       He slumps his head low and drags his feet to the wall of swords and picks up a regular looking fencing sword. I pat his shoulder and we make our way out of the house when he suddenly shouts “MY SWORD!” I look at the side lines and see Chen trying to hide a gleaming Talwar sword behind his back. He looks up at the shout and immediately drops the sword as Luhan tackles him onto the ground.

 

        The 2 wrestle for a moment before Luhan traps Chen under, straddling him. “What were you doing with my sword?!” Luhan asks furiously. “I was just trying to hide it from you jeez.” Chen says while rolling his eyes. Luhan gets up from the boy grabbing his precious sword, and walks over to me.

 

        “Ok now that that’s over with, how skilled are you with your sword?” I ask, “Pretty skilled, some might say advanced” he says shrugging his shoulders smiling. “Alright then let’s test it, and the easiest way to do that is to have you fight with someone.” I say thinking out loud “If we do that we can also work on your combat skills at the same time.”

 

        He nods agreeing to my suggestion “But first, just like the others punch me.” He squirms a bit before walking over, taking a deep breath and nails his fist into the side of my face. My head turns to the side with the impact but I stay on my feet, I smile at him “You’re a whole lot stronger that I had anticipated” I say and he frowns a bit “Just because I’m a bit girly doesn’t mean I’m not a man!”

 

          I giggle at his outburst nodding my head “Of course I never said you weren’t a man.” He nods satisfied and gets in the ready position. I pick up the fencing sword Luhan had dropped and stand in front of him. “I’ll fight you with this” I say, we bow to each other and he makes the first move.

 

          With amazing speed he whips around the sword slashing it towards my face but I tumble out of the way landing on my feet. I turn around and lunge at him only to be blocked with a parry. I quickly whisk away my sword and perform a passata sotto but he dodges and whirls the sword around nearly decapitating me.

 

         I run up and jump up over his head, expecting me to attack he gets ready to block but I just smirk performing a flip and land behind him slashing at him. He moves to the left in the nick of time and counters hitting the ground at my feet to attract my attention before delivering a blow to my head. Which I doge.

 

          This time he lunges and I parry, wanting to end this battle I kick at the ground causing sand to go into his eyes, he steps backwards squinting rubbing his eyes leaving him disarmed. I quickly run up to him and hit him in the chest with the back of my sword forcing him to fall to the ground. I yank the sword out of his hands and place it just under his chin.

 

          He knocks the sword aside sending it flying towards the side lines and gets up quickly trying to run to it. I run after and being faster than he is I get in his way forcing him to stop. He snarls at me as I lunge once more at him, but he dodges grabbing the sword and throws it behind me next to his.  

 

         Luhan tries to tackle me to the ground but I avoid him and kick him on his back and he collapses on the ground but not for long. Before I could punch him he rolls away from me and my punch hits the ground. We both recover and quickly getting onto our feet not wanting to give the other a single chance to attack.

 

        We circle each other but then getting bored after a moment I attack first raising my fist but he blocks the punch but didn’t see my knee come up as I hit him in the stomach. He tries to move away but I keep a firm hold on the end of his shirt and pull it towards me kicking the back of his knee cap causing him to fall on the ground again. All the while inching closer and closer the swords as we fought.

 

         I reach down and grab his sword now within reach and slam it down in the ground, just above his face.

 

          He looks up shocked and scared but then smiles as I help him up to his feet. He turns around and yanks the sword out of the ground. “Wow, you’re an amazing swords man Rose. Where did you learn to fight like that?” he asks astounded. I chuckle “Luhan, I might as well ask you the same thing since you’re just as good as me.”

 

          He beamed at that sentence obviously happy with what I had said. “And since your swordsman ship is astounding as well as your combat skills let’s move straight to your power training. What is it?”

 

          He places his sword on the ground next to the other and Jane immediately gets up and places them both into the weapons house. “Telekinesis” he says and looks at a tree intensely before it rips free of the ground floating, demonstrating his power. I signal for him to sit down and he does so after he places the tree back onto the ground.

 

          “Wait!” we both turn to see Lay running towards us, “Before you guys go into your trance let me heal your cuts” Cuts? We both look down on ourselves to see scratches covering our arms, legs and every visible piece of skin from the swords and the ground. Lay gently laid his hands on top both our heads and moments later I feel a pleasant tingly sensation throughout my entire body.

 

          “Thanks Lay” Luhan and I say together. Lay smiles before returning to the side lines with the others. We sit together in the correct position and begin, Luhan easily gets into the trance and let’s go of his attachments in a blink of an eye. “Find your true inner self Luhan” I instruct.

 

          It’s been a few minutes and I can feel Luhan growing frustrated with himself until suddenly he stops and relaxes. He gives my hand a slight squeeze indicating that he’s found it and I smile at his gesture. “Accept it Luhan” I say.

 

        He furrows his eyebrows not wanting to, and this also continues for another few minutes. Thank god I was patient otherwise I probably would have blown my top by now on all of them. He finally releases a deep breath and let’s go of my hands, I open my eyes to see his eyes watering and him biting his bottom lip trying not to cry. 

 

          I sigh “Luhan, you know crying doesn’t make you any less of a man either right?” I watch as he nods and a tear slips from the corner of his eye “I know, I just don’t want to cry” he says. I feel a shadow behind me and see Kris standing there “Come on you big baby” he says and grabs Luhan arm making him stand up.

 

        I get up as well and watch Luhan wipe away the rest of his tears before they could fall. He turns around and embraces me in a soft hug “Thank you Rose” he whispers softly into my ear, I close my eyes from the sound and slightly blush. He pulls away and I open them to see him giving me some of the iest bed eyes I have ever seen in my life causing me to take an audible gulp, blushing a bit more.

 

 

 

        “You can go away Kris” he says and Kris raises his arm in surrender “I was just trying to help” he says and walk back to the side lines grumbling. I chuckle as I see Jane trying to comfort him, I hear someone clear his throat and turn back to see the usual smiling Luhan.

 

        “Alright then let’s try out your power now using the same amount of effort you used before.” He nods and stares intensely at the same tree again, suddenly my feet weren’t touching the ground anymore and I look around to see everyone else floating as well and Chen trying to swim in the air.

 

        I laugh and see about 20 more trees also floating around. “Luhan you can put us down now” I say at a stunned Luhan. He nods but then looks at Chen who was now pretending to dive down towards the ground only to have Luhan stop his control on him, resulting in Chen falling face first onto the hard earth.

 

        We all burst out laughing as Luhan gently lowers us to the ground. Chen tried to get Lay to heal him but the healer was so busy laughing that Chen had to slap him on the head to stop finally getting his bloody nose healed.

 

        Luhan walks up to me and gives me a quick peck on the cheek before returning back to the side lines where Baekhyun was staring at me. I feel my face flush and turn my attention to Chen who finally had his nose healed and walked over towards me but not before smacking Luhan on the head.

 

        He stops in front of me reaching out his hand , “I can’t wait to start.”

 


Hope you all liked this chapter better than the last ^^ Worked extra hard on it XD

Hopefully all of you who came looking for action got their fill as well this chapter, 

so until next time then ^^