Chapter 18, Chanyeol

1000 years of sleep

 

         “Are you sure?” I ask Chanyeol staring at the 2 wrestling on the ground “Positive, now let’s go!” Chanyeol says beaming his 1000 watt smile slinging his arm over my shoulder steering me to the weapons house with him. “What are we looking for?” I ask Chanyeol as he scans the wall where the swords are “Duel blades” he answers.

 

          I help Chanyeol look and turn to face the doorway as I heard footsteps “Rose” Baekhyun says smiling and I can’t help but smile back “Yes Baekhyun?” I ask. He looks down and kicks invisible rocks “I was about to go inside and make lunch but forgot to ask you if you wanted to have lunch together again?” I grin widely and nod my head “Of course” he looks up immediately and breaks out into a wide grin.

 

 

          “OK! SEE YOU AFTER TRAINIG!” he shouts excitedly waving goodbye. He runs away but I notice something drop out of his pocket and walk over to pick it up and it turns out to be his cell phone “BAEKHYUN!” I shout waving his phone in air but he just turns around waving back and continues running away. “What am I supposed to do with this?” I ask myself as I unlock the phone. (Assume it’s a touch screen phone)

 

          I notice a little picture of a camera and touch it causing the phone to go into camera mode “Cool” I say and turn around to look at Chanyeol who was still looking for the duel blades. I shrug, he can find them by himself I think as I take a picture of a tree. After clicking the button I notice another on the side of the screen in the shape of a triangle and I press it curious.

 

          I raise my eyebrows in surprise as I see the picture I just took; I click the arrow on the left hand side and nearly drop the phone out of surprise. A blush makes its way up my cheeks as I look at the picture of Jane and I asleep this morning. “Why in the world does he have these pictures?” I ask myself my heart racing as I flip through more and more pictures of us asleep not knowing it was actually Suho’s phone.

 

        “FOUND IT!” I hear Chanyeol scream nearly giving me a heart attack as I was too immersed in looking at the pictures. “Rose what are you looking at?” he questions and I quickly hide the phone in my pocket “N-nothing” I splutter quickly and jog away leaving Chanyeol confused. He jogs after me to the spot where I was preparing the dummies “Alright Chanyeol, let’s see if you know how to use them” I say pointing at the duel blades hoping to get his mind off of the phone and it worked.

 

          He shrugs and takes the blades out of their sheath taking one in each hand. He takes a deep breath before staring at the dummies in from him, his smile vanishing. Chanyeol rushes up to the first dummy slashing at it with his right sword as he spins stabbing another with his left. Quickly pulling his sword out he demolishes the rest within seconds finishing with a loud ripping sound as the last dummy was decapitated.

 

          I raise my eyebrow impressed as he walks back to me smiling “How was I Rose?” “Fantastic Chanyeol” I say smiling and he beams.”Again what is her problem? Why was it so hard to say it to me?” Kai questions from the sidelines crossing his arms over his chest still annoyed. “Maybe it’s because the rest of us aren’t as annoying or cocky” Lay answers shrugging his shoulders as Kai glares at him and Jane starts laughing.

 

Back on the training field Chanyeol and I had moved on “Well since your weapon skills are fine we’ll move on to combat. How are you at fighting?” I ask and he tilts his head to the right thinking “Well. Not as good as Luhan hyung but better then Xui min hyung.”

 

          “Ok, fair enough estimation. So now punch me” I say and he nods and obediently slams his fist into my jaw. I flinch from the pain and my face whips to the left from the impact. I turn my head around to face him and see him looking at me worried, I rub my jaw a bit opening and closing it to make sure it’s not broken then smile at him.

 

“Quite the punch you have there” I say and relief breaks across his face as he smiles once again “Yep, Kris said the same thing when I punched him for eating my cake.” I stared at him and made a mental note to never get in between Chanyeol and his cake.

 

        I shake my head to focus and look at him “Alright then, let’s fight” I say and he wastes no time in slamming his fist into my jaw once more. This time the impact knocking me to the ground, I quickly stand up and move just in time to avoid getting hit again. I jump up and punch his face landing on my feet and swiftly duck to evade his side kick. I go to punch him but he dodges and trips me causing me to land on the floor with a thud. I scowl and roll over to avoid his foot from trampling on my face and get up. 

 

          He goes to punch me again but I grab his fist and pull it causing the taller to stumble forward, I take this as my chance and wrap my arms around his neck pulling him down while ramming my knee into his stomach. He grunts in pain and pushes me away only to tumble over a tree root. I giggle at the site of him lying surprised on ground but hurriedly go to kick him only to have him move out of the way my foot connecting with nothing.

 

          He grabs my waist from behind picking me up and I squeal from the contact until he spins and throws me over his shoulder, I slam into a tree and slump down on the ground. “Rose!” I hear Jane exclaim from the side lines but before Lay could even get up to heal me I stood up with a grim expression my back aching.

 

          I turn my head to see Chanyeol still standing where he was before, I calmly walk over to him and trip him. He falls on the ground and stares up at me aghast “I never said the fight was done” I say smirking and his eyes widen but then smirks. He quickly gets up but this time I’m the one who slams my fist into his jaw, he flinches from the pain.

 

          We keep fighting with each other for a few more minutes until Chanyeol slumps on the floor landing on his but “I’m tired” he wines and I raise my eyebrow and also sit on the ground. “Well I guess that’s fine we were done your combat training anyway, the last couple of punches were payback for throwing me into a tree” I say and he gives me a disbelieving look and I shrug.

 

          “Well besides that you’re fighting skills are good so we can move onto power training. What’s your power Chanyeol?” I ask and he smirks “Fire” he says and I motion for him to demonstrate and he naps his fingers together and a ball of fire appears in his hands radiating heat.

 

          “Alright then well let’s begin” I say and he nods, we get into the correct position which was a bit difficult like with Kris since Chanyeol was also really tall. We both close our eyes and I begin the process “Now first is to let go of your attachments to this world” Chanyeol doesn’t move a muscle for what seemed like 10mins and I grow worried but he suddenly squeezes my hand.

 

          I let out a deep breath in relief and move onto the next step “Now find your inner self your true self.” Chanyeol thinks for a moment wondering what Rose wanted him to find and just started to look at random parts of his soul. He just about gives up until he see something dark, he heads into that direction and what he sees scared the crap out of him. Is that really the real me? He asks and shift uncomfortably not wanting to continue.

 

          I notice Chanyeol shifting and guess he’s found it “Alright Chanyeol last step is to accept it” I say and hear Chanyeol snort. “Easier said than done” he whispers and tries for what seems an eternity to him.

 

 Figuring he needed some encouragement I give his hands a squeeze “You know Chanyeol it took me a couple of days to accept myself so take all the time you need. But remember you wouldn’t be what you are today without your inner self. Its makes you who you are, I hated what I saw but I still accepted it even though I bawled like a baby after.”

 

           I feel him giggle and wait a few more moments before he finally accepted himself deciding it was worth it. We separate and I look into his eyes to see the same Chanyeol but a bit more mature. “I’m still the same right Rose?” asks Chanyeol and as I nod he smiles like usual causing me to wonder what he saw.

 

          “Well let’s see your improved powers” I say and noticing Kris walking down the path towards the others. “Using the same effort I used before right Rose?” asks Chanyeol and I nod. He snaps his fingers for a minute but instead of fire appearing in his hands an enormous fireball comes shooting out of the sky heading straight for the guys sitting on the side lines.

 

          “JANE!” I hear Kris shout as he flies over grabbing Jane and flies away. “WAHH!” Lay shouts and Kai quickly embraces him and teleports a safe distance from the fireball reappearing beside Chanyeol and I just in the nick of time avoiding the large fire ball that was hurling itself towards them.

 

          I scan the area looking for Jane and Kris and notice them a safe distance away Jane clutching Kris with all the force her arms could manage and Kris trying to sooth her. I let out a breath in relief “Chanyeol you can put out the fire now” I say pointing at the fireball that was just sitting where the others had been only moments before giving off an enormous amount of heat.

 

       Chanyeol nods his head looking amazed and the fire disappears immediately with only some heat left over. “Uh, Kai I like you and all but could you let go now?” Lay says asking a Kai who still had his arms wrapped around Lay waist from behind. “Are you sure?” Kai asks and Lay raises his eyebrows “Yep, now let go.”

 

          Kai hesitantly lets go stepping back and Chanyeol bursts out laughing clutching his stomach, I even hear Jane and Kris howling in the background and walk over to where Chanyeol was standing to see what the commotion was. Unfortunately Lay’s pants hand been burned from the back and his care bears boxers could be seen. 

 

          Unable to hold in my laughter I fall to the floor in a laughing fit. “WHAT!” Lay asks still so confused until he stretches his neck and looks behind him. “AWW MAN!! WHY ME!!!” he exclaims throwing his arms above his head and lets them fall back to his side in a heap.

 

          Lay sees me laughing on the ground and his face turns tomato red and rushes Kai to hug him again covering up his . “Let’s go” Lay says and Kai stares horrified “You want me to walk into the castle like this!?!” and Lay only nods, unable to go against his hyung Kai and Lay slowly walk back to the castle together with Kai continually hugging Lay from behind. 

 

          Seeing this Chanyeol starts laughing even harder and falls onto the floor clapping his hands like a retarded seal. I slowly get up and brush off my pants “Just one question” I turn to see Kris behind me supporting Jane who was dying of laughing like Chanyeol. “What?” I say and he stares at the waddling Kai and Lay who were almost at the castle.

 

          “Why didn’t Kai just teleport in and grab a pair of pants instead?” I stare at Kris for a moment and then look back at Lay and Kai “I don’t know” I answer and we both start laughing as well when we see an old grandma walk by the 2 and give them a disapproving look.

 

          “Well trainings over” I say wiping a tear from the corner of my eye and grab Jane from Kris who was still laughing giving her a piggy back ride and Kris did the same with the still laughing Chanyeol. We slowly make our way back to the castle supporting the 2 idiots.

 


A/N: Yay I updated!! ^^ Hope you all enjoy this chapter and is it just me or are they getting longer every time? Oh well it’s not a bad thing right? :P lol the ending just kind of came out of no were and if you’re wondering why I didn’t use Suho or Luhan for you Layhan and Sulay shippers out there it’s because they weren’t at the training and I figured it would be funnier with Kai :P Hmm. I wonder if anyone even reads the notes I put at the end? I could just be taking to no one: P Anyway thanks for reading my fic and please leave comments I lurve them ;D hurhurhur I’m super hungry and can’t wait for lunch can you? :P comment if you got the joke which no one probably did cause it was stupid XD