Chapter 30, Second Encounter

1000 years of sleep

 

I watch as the werewolves approach us and sneer in disgust, their tongue hanging out, drool and white foam dripping from the corners or their mouths. Their legs covered in mud and a putrid odor was emitted from their flea infested fur. I signal to the others to stay sitting as I stand walking over to leader who had slowed down to a trot.

 

I watch as he steps forward and I recognize him, he had a scar in the shape of a crescent around his left eye, the same as the little wolf that was barely a year old the last time I had faced the werewolves in battle did. As we reach each other his body starts to quiver and shake, he stands on his hind legs clearly several feet taller than me and slowly shrinks. His ears and tail disappearing back into his body, his hair becoming less thick and only seconds later a man stood in front of me. My heat pounded inside my chest as I watched this transformation, his muscle clearly visible and had me doubting my friends’ strength for a moment.

 

He was taller than average around 6 feet, he still looked young around 40ish, head still full of hair but you could tell from his eyes that he was much older. His yellow canine eyes. “Rose, long time no see” he greasily says while smiling revealing his long canine teeth that had failed to return to human size. “Same here, although I was hoping that if we were to encounter again it would be on, different circumstances” I say coldly and watch as he smirks shrugging his shoulder.

 

“What can I say. I got tired of waiting” he replied growling the last part and I had to hold a hand up to warn the panthers to stay back as some had started to advance. I look around to see the rest of the werewolves still in their wolf form with a crazy look in their eyes, the look that said they wanted to kill. “And may I ask as to why you’re on the main land again? After all you where there when I warned your mother where you not?” I ask still furious at the fact that he had disobeyed my orders.

 

No one and I mean no one disobeys my orders and gets away with it. The wolves let lose a chorus of howls and I listen as the distant roar of wolves retuned the call. Looking into the woods that surrounded the area I could see werewolves hiding waiting for their leaders order “Yes but...” he begins and I snap my head back to his direction. “I realized after some time that the island is just boring. There isn’t much to do or much space for us all to live comfortably so why not live here? It’s a lot larger and I’ve waited for a long time for a chance to rip your throat out for killing my father” he finishes snarling.

 

I raise one eyebrow and smirk everything making sense now “So this is about revenge isn’t it? Well it’s a shame since your leading your pack to their death” I say and motion with my hands to the boys sitting on the steps, some (Tao, Sehun and Chen) waved at the werewolves with smiles on their faces while the others sat their solemnly and I mentally face palm at the idiots waving. The panthers where sitting on the ground, some standing looking relaxed but I knew that their muscles where tensed ready to spring into action at any moment.

 

“HAHAHA!” The leader laughing and the wolves let out strange sounding chuckles from their mouths “You really think that you can beat us? Beat me? What that pathetic excuse of a girly looking army?” He says sneering and I let out a soft chuckle “You might wan to watch what you say.”

 

He looks at me strangely until I nod my head to the direction of the guys sitting on the stairs. No longer where there any smiles or solemn faces but cold hard sneers plastered on their faces and I noticed how Luhan’s hands where formed into fists shaking at his side from trying to control him powers. All the doubt that I had vanished from my mind as I saw how ready they looked. I look back at the leader to see the desire of blood apparent in his eyes and his nose twitching slightly in anticipation as he sensed they were a lot stronger than they looked.

 

“Either way, they’ll be dead by the end of this” he said and I glared at him “Are you sure about that?” And he nods, he makes a motion as to turn around back to his pack and I quickly shout out my thoughts “We don’t have to fight you know! Just go back to the island.” He stops his motion and turns to face me “Never.” So much for trying to solve it without violence. And with that it began.

 

He let out a hair curling howl and launched himself at me, I watched as if it were happening in slow motion. His ears pointing, a tail sprouting out from his behind, his arms stretched out towards me with shortened fingers and enlarged nails. Hair once more took over his body and I crouched as his snapping jaw aimed for my neck. 


Hi ^^

So I haven't updated in a while but I'm here to tell you that my break is over and I will have an update up every week for sure and maybe twice a week depending on the work load I get. This semester of school is killing me -.-

Short chapter I apoligize but the next one will be interesting :3