Chapter 4, Trust

1000 years of sleep

 

I wake up and look around confused by my surroundings for a moment until the memories from last night flood my mind. I sigh and get out of my bed making my way to the bathroom that was connected to my room. I stare at myself in the mirror taking in my tired face and growl; I run my hands through my hair and turn the water in the sink on. After washing my face I grab the towel and dry it noticing that there was another door on the opposite side of the bathroom.

 

I stare at it confused, but shake my head ignoring it as I exit the bathroom from the door I had came in. I rummage through the drawers of the furniture in my room hoping to find something new to wear. All I came across where dresses with frills, and other girly attire, I sigh as I open the last drawer in the dresser and my eyebrow amused.

 

It was full of lacey undergarments in a variety of colors and as I push the ones on top to the side hoping to find something normal, a thong falls on the floor. I pick it up and chuck it back into the drawer hiding it under the rest, "Stupid erted boys" I mutter as I pick up a less reveling black one.

 

I rummage through the closet and find some baggy jeans, and a button up collar shirt, I smile upon finding something that I would actually wear. I make one last stop to grab a pair of socks before I go to shower, but as I yank the door open my heart stops.

 

Standing in the bathroom half dressed was Baekhyun; he was leaning against the sink counter with a toothbrush in his mouth, no shirt on, with a startled expression obviously surprised. He slowly pulls the toothbrush out of his mouth “Rose, I didn’t know you where in that room” he asks confused.

 

I come back to my senses and shake my head a little, “Xui min told me I could stay here” I say lowering my gaze to the floor to prevent myself from staring at his amazing body any longer. “Oh, well good morning Rose” he says giving me a small smile that instantly melts my heart into a gooey mess. “Good morning” I reply softly still looking at the floor. I hear him move and feel someone grabbing my chin forcing my face upwards.

 

I gasp as I see his face only inches from mine, “I said good morning Rose” he repeats while staring into my eyes. “G-good morning Baekhyun” I reply unable to look away from his intoxicating brown eyes. Although he was short compared to most of the others, he was still taller than me by 2 inches.

 

 He nods satisfied and let’s go of my chin turning back towards the sink. I cup my cheeks and turn around slamming the door behind me before he could say anything else.

 

I lean against the closed door and clutch my chest my heart beating out of control at his touch, what the hell is wrong with me? I think as I slide down the door cover my head with my arms waiting for my heart to calm down.

 

I wait a few more minutes until I hear the sound of a door closing and knock at the bathroom door waiting for a response. As I got none, I opened the door slowly and peeked in, no one was there and I sighed in relief. I walk in and closed the door checking to make sure it was locked on both sides before I strip out of the track pants and t-shirt I was wearing, and put on the clothes I found in the closet.

 

I look through the drawers around the sink and find a bunch of eyeliner, who the hell wears this much? I ask myself thinking that they had left it there for me to use, I finally find what I was looking for and put my hair up into a ponytail.

 

I exit the bathroom satisfied with my appearance and make my way towards the cafeteria for some breakfast before training. As I walk through the hallways I notice that the walls where made of some form of rock that was made up of different shades of green swirling together, opposed to the regular stones used everywhere else in the castle.

 

I enter the cafeteria to find everyone else already there, they all look up when I enter and smile “Over here Rose, I saved you a seat!” called Kai. I make my way over to him and sit between him and Lay, I glance around the table to see everyone eating; my eyes resting a beat longer on Baekhyun than necessary and I glare at Xui min for a moment.

 

 

He looks up then and meets my glare with a confused and asking expression, but I just turn away and start to eat what Kai had put in front of me. How could he not tell me that I was sharing a bathroom Baekhyun? Of all the stupid things to do. I think while piling a mouth full of the strange sweet circle shaped thing into my mouth. My eyes widen at the sweetness and I hear someone chuckle.

I turn to the right to see Lay laughing, “What’s so funny?” I ask confused “It’s just your expressions, they’re so cute and innocent” he says in between chuckles causing me to frown. “Whatever” I ignore him giggling and continue to eat my breakfast.

 

We all finish soon after and it’s about time we got training. I get up and follow Kris down to the training area outside with the rest trailing after us. “How long do you think we have until the war?” he asks, I tilt my head to the side thinking “I honestly don’t know, but there should be more than enough for your training” I state.

 

He nods his head agreeing to what I say without doubting me, I bite my lips curious as to why they all reacted the way they did when I woke up. They didn’t seem to be confused as to whom I was and I wonder how much they know about me.

 

“Kris” I say causing the taller male to look down at me “Just how much do you guys know about me?” I ask. He turns around to look at the others before he answers my question, “Truthfully, every child learns about who you are in school and from their parents when they grow up. You’re a legend, almost a god and everyone here knows what you’ve done in the past for our country.” I stare at him my jaw wide open, and then snort causing him to look at me funny.

 

“Since when am I honored? I used to be considered a hoodlum as far recognition goes” I say this time causing his jaw to drop. He shakes his head vigorously “A lot has changes since you were last awake, now w…..” he got interrupted by a screaming D.O running onto the training ground with his hands waving in the air.

 

 

I look at Kris raising my eyebrows “Don’t even” he says while face palming himself. The rest of us approach D.O slowly as he lies down on the ground with a happy expression. “Ok then” I say and turn so I can face all of them at once. “Before we train I have to make sure that your trust worthy of beholding the amount of power I’m about to teach you” I say holding out my hands.

“Everyone get into a circle,” they all do as told and we hold hands, I close my eyes and will the power in my veins to spread into the others, they all gasp overwhelmed as they feel the sudden power rushing through their bodies.

 

I start chanting a spell in a foreign language, forcing them to open up their minds and hearts to me leaving them completely vulnerable. I allow my mind to travel to each one of theirs in turn observing everyone of their memories, seeing what they’ve done in the past. I feel what they feel towards their planet, their friends and family, and the darkness hidden within them, looking deep into their soul to see what’s held there.

 

I smile satisfied with what I see, and know that the people of Octavia made the right choice. I slowly withdraw my power from their bodies releasing them from my hold. I open my eyes and they all collapse on the floor. “What did you do?” asks a bewildered Luhan.

 

“I simply looked into your minds to see if I could trust you or not” I say shrugging my shoulders. “SIMPLY” Sehun says sarcastically, “Yes simply” I say with attitude putting my hands on my hips.

 

“Well you all should be pleased to know you passed” I say and Tao snorts while rolling his eyes, I ignore him and turn to face Baekhyun. “Ready to start?” I ask and he nods his head standing up “I’m ready to begin my training.”

 


Urgg..It took me so long to find that gif of D.O

T_T