Chapter 33, Old and New faces

1000 years of sleep

 

As the darkness over takes me as if suffocating me in a blanket, I fight to stay conscious. I ignore the temptation of letting go, not ready to part from this time period just yet. Baekhyun’s tear streaked face flashes before my eyes giving me the motivation for one last push, and just like that it stops. It’s as of the blanket had given up, my vision turns blank but I’m still awake, this has never happened before. It’s usually like when you’re asleep, you’re surrounded by darkness and you’re unaware of time passing until you awaken.

 

I smile to myself for my victory, but then it hits me. What am I going to do now? Am I still going to be asleep for the 1000 years, only this time I’ll be conscious all that time to mourn and regret? Panicking, a sudden bright light floods my eyes and as I try to shut them to block out the light I remember that my eyes are already closed. I had no choice but to bare with the blighting light, what felt like hours later the searing light stops only to be replaced with the soft glow of the sun.

 

No wait, it can’t be the sun. I’m still asleep right? I turn my head in every which way and take in my surroundings; I was in a grass field. No flowers, no animals, no trees, just grass as far as my eyes could see. There was no beginning or end and I had a feeling that even if I walked in a direction I would not meet anything. Confused I sit down and rest my head on my hand and my eyes widen in shock, I yank my hand away from my face and peer at it. I follow it up my arm to find it attached to a body, my body.

 

So it wasn’t just my mind that’s here, I’m physically here as well. I run my nail along my arm pushing down, I could feel the pain. I was so confused with what was happening and felt scared, for once in my life there was nothing I could do for myself. I run my hand through my hair and sigh “Am I going to be here forever then?”

 

“No. Not forever” a voice answers and I whip my head in that direction. Sitting on the ground where the 12 elders of my time, the 12 elders who had given me this blessing/ curse. I scramble to my feet and blow low not forgetting my manners. “Please, sit child” a woman says with a sad smile and I do as told. “So tell us Rose, what’s with the fight? You never resist the sleep before?” another says and I sigh.

 

“It’s complicated” I say and hear someone chuckle “Oh isn’t it obvious why Onew? The poor girl is in love” the same woman who had told me to sit down says. “Shut up Amber” Onew snaps and I raise an eyebrow. “Anyway, is this true Rose? Are you in love” an elder asks who I recognize as G.D. I look down shyly and blush; this isn’t the right attitude Rose! I mentaly scowled myself and look up to face them “Yes.”

 

They look lovingly at me as if I was their daughter “You’ve grownup so much Rose” T.O.P says and I tilt my head a little confused at the statement “What do you mean?” I hear someone else chuckle “You’ve stopped hating yourself for what you’ve done and learned to love again Rose” Taemin says and your eyes widen in shock. It was true, not once did you try to commit suicide even though you knew it wouldn’t work, and for once you felt something more than just a friendly love for someone.

 

“Look at her Taemin. It’s as if she just realized this” Jonghyun laughs loudly and I glare at him “I did” I say and he stops. “No way. Are you serious?” he asks his eye practically falling out of their sockets. “Yes” I say and Daesong gives Jonghyun a pat on the back “I guess this just shows how much she’s matured. She’s managed to stop hating herself and move on woith realizing it which isn’t something many can do.”

 

I smile at his praise; Daesong always was my favorite after Amber of course. “Rose do you truly love this boy?” Amber asks and I nod my head “More than I ever thought was possible for such a short time” I say earnestly and softly smile. “Well there’s nothing else to do then but that, right guys?” Onew says while rubbing the back of his neck. “That’s right” a different member says and motions towards T.O.P.

 

He stands up and walks towards me, pulling out a staff from a sheath by his side he places it on my right shoulder “Rosaria Clark Evergreen, you are hereby dismissed of your duties and are to return to the world, living as every mortal.” He moves the staff from my right shoulder over my head to my left and my jaw drops. “A-are you serious?” I ask, eyes wide not believing a second of it.

 

“We are. It’s about time someone else got a chance to play hero” Amber says with a smile and I jump up running over her “Thank you Thank you!” I shout while giving her a bear hug. She chuckles and pulls be back from the hug, cupping my face she leans in close and our lips briefly touch. “This will be the last time we meet dear Rosaria. Live your life well.” I nod my head eagerly and soon am blinded by bright light once more.

 

This time I welcome it knowing it was going to bring me back to the world where Baekhyun and the others would be. I feel my body going limp and my vision goes dark once more, the pressure returning to my body. The elders watch as I collapse on the ground my body disappearing and Amber lets out a sigh “I’m going to miss her” she says and Onew chuckles. “Of course, especially since you had a cru…” “Shut you face before I rip your head off” Amber interrupts glaring daggers into Onew’s soul. “Ohh~ Touchy touchy~” Taemin says laughing.

 

The last thing I heard was the faint shouting of the elders and I smile thinking to myself that I was going to miss them. I flinch as the pressure increases and increases until I was gasping for air, never had the pressure been this much. It was as if I was under a ton of water in the deepest part of the ocean, and just like that, the pressure disappears. My senses return and I move my hand to lay on my stomach testing if it was working.

 

I smile as I feel the soft fabric of my clothing and open my eyes. My heart sinks immediately; I was back inside the same glass coffin that I had awoken in. How long was I out? Did 1000 years already pass? IS BAEKHYUN DEAD?!?!? As all these thoughts run through my head I begin to panic more and more on the verge of a break down. I punch the glass holding me in the coffin not caring that blood covered my arm.

 

I leap out of the coffin and hear the familiar sirens go off but ignore them as I rush out of the room slamming the double doors open in the process. I hear a faint voice shouting but ignore it as Baekhyun was the only thought filling my mind. I run though the familiar hallways all the way up to housing courters and stop outside of his room. Taking a deep breath I place my shaking hand on the doorknob and turn it.

 

It was locked, dread fills my body as I quickly dart to my room an open the door letting out a breath I didn’t know I was holding as the handle turns in my hand. I walk in to see the room clean and in perfect order, exactly how it was before I moved in. I walk to the bathroom joining our two rooms and open the door, it was empty and the eyeliner that once took up a portion of the counter was now gone.

 

I reach for the handle, my hand shaking once more. It was now or never Rose. I open the door and freeze in my tracks. A boy was standing there, blond and shirtless “Who are you?” He asks and I fell a tear drop from my eyes “I’m Rose, and you?” I say with my voice quivering. “Me? I’m Himchan. But why are you in my room?” he asks confused, obviously checking me out but none of that registered in my brain. My heart was pounding in my chest and I struggling to hold back the rest of my tears that where threatening to fall while I managed to croak out “Where’s Baekhyun?”


*hides behind zelo*

LOL you are probably all hating me right now but just wait for the next chapter that hopefully wont take as long to write ^^