Chapter 17, Lay

1000 years of sleep

 

         “Alright Lay, go grab your preferred weapon” I say and he nods his head walking to the weapons house, I turn to see Jane still giggling looking at her phone and I stare confused. She looks up noticing my stare and mouths “I’ll show you later.” I nod my head in acknowledgement and turn around hearing footsteps behind me.

 

          “Got it!” Lay says excitedly holding up a bow with a bag of arrows on his back, I smile at his choice thinking it suits him and get the targets ready with the help of Jane. “Alright Lay let’s see how good your aim is” he nods and grabs an arrow from the bag on his back and places it on the arrow. He pulls the string back closing one eye and lets it go, the arrow soaring in a graceful arc before hitting the target just above the center.

 

          I motion for him to do it again and watch his every move carefully, each time he releases the arrow it strikes above the target. I stop him after he shoots 10 arrows getting the feeling I knew what he was doing wrong. I approach him and tell him to get an arrow at the ready.

 

          He does so and I fix up his position so he has a better aim, “Make your hand touch your lips” I instruct receiving a confused look from the boy. I sigh and grab his arm that was pulling the arrow and move it back until his hands where next to his lips. “Lower the bow, you have too much tension in your shoulders, you need to relax more.”

 

          I continue to instruct as I place my hand over his arm that was holding the bow lowering it a bit giving his shoulders a slight squeeze to relax him. He chuckles then and I ask confused “What’s so funny” “Nothing” he replies while giggling and I glare at him. “It’s just, normally wouldn’t the guy be the one behind adjusting the stance not the girl?” he questions referring to the countless movies he watched.

 

          I blush a bit noticing our position and move away earning another chuckle from him; I scowl and instruct him to try shooting now not noticing the glare Baekhyun was giving Lay. I watch as he lets the bow go and it lands on the target centered. I smile as I watch the amazed expression cross Lay’s face.

 

          “Did I seriously just do that?!” He asks and I nod giggling at his excitement and motion for him to continue. He does so eagerly every time following my advice and the arrows hit the center circles every time. “Rose!! Rose!!” Lay jumps up and down excitedly. I laugh and nod “I see it Lay, your amazing” I say earning a smile from him.

 

          “Pfft, and she has a problem saying that I’m amazing” Kai says sulking to Baekhyun from the sidelines, where Baekhyun had completely ignored Kai and was too focused on watching the training gritting his teeth.

 

          Back in the training arena Lay was begging you to show him your skills with the bow “Please Rose!! Just one arrow!” he wines holding out his bow, I sigh giving up knowing he we weren’t going to get anywhere with his training until I did so. I grab the bow from his hand and he squeals excitedly “GUYS ROSE IS GOING TO SHOOT!!” he shouts wanting everyone to see me.

 

          I mentally face-palm myself and gab the bag of arrows from Lay throwing it over my shoulder. I grab an arrow and put it on the bow pulling back the string; I take a deep breath closing my eyes. I suddenly open them and let the arrow go watching as it hits the target dead center. I smirk satisfied and turn to see Lay with his mouth hanging open, “Close your mouth Lay, you’re going to get flies in there” I say teasingly and watch as he quickly shuts his mouth.

 

          “Can you do one more?” he asks his eyes wide and I sigh shooting another arrow which also hits the target dead center hitting the previous splitting it in half. “HOLY!” Lay shouts and I smirk handing him back his weapon “Practice and you can do the same Lay.” I pat his shoulder and stretch yawning “Alright Lay we fixed your aim, so how about your fighting?” I ask and he placed his weapon to the side and shrugs “It’s decent.”

 

          I nod “Ok so punch me” I say and watch as Lay slowly walks up to me rubbing his fist a bit biting his lips debating whether to do it or not. He then closes his eyes and punches on the spur of the moment, his punch connecting with my arm and I tip sideways from the impact.

 

          Before I could fall I caught my balance and looked at Lay who was blushing and looking at the ground “I can heal now I you want” he murmurs kicking the dirt with his shoe and I smile. “No it’s ok, but get ready to fight” I say and watch as he looks up with a grim expression but nods.

 

          We both get ready and circle each other for a moment but then he attacks raising his fist to punch me, I dodge it easily and whip around to deliver a punch but am blocked by him. I jump away as he quickly crouches on the floor spinning trying to trip me, I move away avoiding his outstretched leg and run up to him kicking his chest before he could stand causing him to fall to the ground.

 

          I move to punch him but my fist connects with the ground where he had been only moments before rolling to get away. He quickly stands up and kicks me in the side and I grunt from the pain. Standing up I narrowly miss his foot dodging it as it comes up ready to kick me. Feeling annoyed I rush up to him and punch, but instead of avoiding it he block again this time grabbing my arm in the process.

 

          I quickly realize this and struggle to get free but am to slow as he turns my arm in his hand causing me to turn around in the process. He steps forward causing me to move as well until I was pressed up against a nearby tree. He twists my arm farther almost breaking it and I hold in my yelp.

 

          “You gonna give up before I break your arm?” he questions pressing up against me smirking. I blush majorly but get a brilliant idea, slowly I bend my knees sliding down the tree causing Lay to gasp as I was practically grinding on him. He takes a step back but before he could let go of me I stretch out my leg hooking onto his pulling it causing him to trip.        

 

          I swiftly turn around and punch him on his chest causing him to grimace and I smile “Not a chance what about you?” He furrows his eyebrows and pushes my fist off his chest getting up slowly. We continue to fight each other for a few more moments and then stop deciding he was skilled enough with combat.

 

          “So is power training next?” he questions and I nod motioning for him to sit, he does so and I do as well after.  “But before we start” he places his hand on my forehead healing me a second time that morning and I smile at the warm feeling his healing causes. “So Lay before we start you know about nerve points right?” I ask and he nods his head “Good so what is the extent of your power?” I question and he shrugs “I can heal just about anything but that’s all.”

 

          I smirk and he giving me a questioning look “I’ll tell you after you finish training” I say and he nods. We get into the correct position again not noticing the death glare Baekhyun was sending our way. “Dude you alright?” asks Chanyeol and Baekhyun replies through gritted teeth “Just fine.”

 

          I close my eyes, my heart racing a bit but dismiss it as adrenaline from the fight “Alright Lay let go of your attachments to this world” I say and he does so easily. I move on to the next step “Now find your inner self, your true self hidden within your soul” I say and he also does that relatively quickly compared to the others minus Xui min.

 

          Moving to the final step “Now Lay accept it and let it become a part of you” again he manages to do this after only a minute. We separate and I give him and an asking look “What?” he asks nervously rubbing the back of his neck. “How come you did that so easily?” I ask and he smiles “Meditation, I do it often to help me clear my mind” he says shrugging and I nod my head.

 

          “So what where you saying about nerve points?” he asks and I smirk whispering in his ear “Before you only could heal bodies but now you can control them as well. As long as you know where the nerve points are in a body you can poke them zapping them with some of your power and it can immobilize their bodies.”

 

          I finish looking at Lay and don’t like the face he was making looking at the guys on the side lines specifically Kai. “Time for payback” he whispers rubbing his hand together “KAI!” he shouts causing the younger to look up “I need someone to heal to see if my powers increased!” he continues shouting at  Kai who walks over to us. “But you already healed me” he states and Lay shake shakes his head “But now I should be able to heal scars as well so I want to test it out.”

 

          Lay says pointing at a small scar on Kai’s hand who shrugs, Lay smiles before quickly poking Kai at varies points on his chest causing the younger to freeze. “HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!!!” Lay shouts while making facing at Kai. The younger attempted to move but failed miserably ‘What the crap did Lay do?’ Kai thinks as Lay pushes him making Kai fall the the ground with a thud “YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!” Lay keeps shouting running away from Kai only to return with mud in his hands smearing it across the younger’s face.

 

 

          “Ok Lay that’s enough” I say and Lay smiles “K, I’m done anyways” he says skipping away “LAY!” I shout and the boy turns around “What about Kai?” I ask and he smirks “Just leave him there I like him better that way.” I sigh and make my way over to Kai and quickly punch his chest in varies spots and he sits up immediately, I stand up and Lay gives me a questing look “Pressure points, it’s the same thing as you did except without having to use any powers….and you should run.” I say as I watch Kai getting up wiping the mud of his face.

 

 

          “You’re dead” he growls and Lay’s eyes widen “!” he curses and runs away only to be blocked by a teleporting Kai. The 2 start wrestling on the ground and I stare at them for a minute. “Ignore them” I hear a deep voice and look up to see Chanyeol smiling. “They will stop in a few minutes, so let’s just start training.”

 


YESH!!!! I UPDATED!!!! ^^

And i just wanna say thanks to all those faithful readers reading this ^^

Hopefully Lay biased people had their fill XD

asdfghjkl!!! He is so hot O.O It's like he's on legs!!!!!

(and a cutie pie~ ^^)