Chapter 10, Kris

1000 years of sleep

 

        I walk out of the hut to see Baekhyun along with Kris, Luhan, Chen and Lay. “Alright well let’s begin, Kris go pick out your preferred weapon” I say and he nods walking into the house and I smirk as I remember Jane was still in there. This is going to get fun, I think to myself wondering how she would react during our training time together.

 

         I walk over to the guys with Razul trailing after me getting up from where he was sitting outside the weapons house. “Umm Rose, you have a panther following you” says Chen nervously. “I know” I say and am surprised by Luhan and Lay who rush over and start petting Razul. Especially Lay when he open Razul’s jaws and starts examining his teeth. Whatever, I shake my head and start explains to the Luhan and Chen the idea of increasing your power being a mental not physical thing.

 

        “Got it” says Kris walking out with a giant axe, I raise my eyebrows questioning his choice “And what are you going to with that?” I ask unsure, he smirks “Chop them in half what else” he says deadly serious. “Ok then” I say and walk into the weapons house grabbing a couple of dummies winking at the frozen Jane in there.

 

        I place the dummies randomly around Kris who was standing in the middle of the training area. “Razul sit” I say and the panther obeys immediately sitting next to Lay at the side lines. “Alright well, kill them then” I say and Kris nods, he closes his eyes and fixes his grip on the axes handle.

 

        When he opens them again he bounces into action, swinging the axe over his head decapitating the first dummy with ease and slices the next one in half in the flash of an eye. He whirls around throwing the axe only to have it sever 3 more dummies, the axe returns back to him like a boomerang and he catches.

 

        I nod my head impressed stopping him, “Well seems like you know what you’re doing with the axe so we don’t need to work on that, how about your combat skills?” I ask and he shrugs his shoulders “There pretty good to” “Well then punch me” I say, he nods his head and walks right up to me pulling his arm back and slams a bone crunching punch into my jaw. My eyes widen at the impact and I go flailing sideways “ROSE!” I hear multiple people scream but can’t make out who.

 

        I close my eyes for a moment before getting back on my feet touching my tender jaw. “I think you broke my jaw” I say my mouth hurting with every word. “You said to punch” Kris says with his usually face, someone grabs my shoulders turning me around and I see Lays concerned eyes. “Just give me a sec” he says placing his hand on my jaw, I flinch at the contact my jaw aching but the pain soon dulls down until I feel nothing.

 

        “Thanks Lay” I say smiling and he smiles as well returning to the side lines. I face Kris again “Your strength is amazing, but now let’s have some fun” I say smirking ready for this fight, it’s been a while since I faced an opponent who was as strong as he is. “Fight me.” Kris wastes no time in letting lose another punch but this time I duck swinging my legs out to trip him but he jumps up avoiding the trip and punches the ground where my arm had been only moments before.

 

        He looks confused but not for long as I whip my leg up slamming my foot into the side of his face using my full strength knowing he could take the kick. Kris staggered backwards falling to the ground clearly surprised by the force of the kick, but then does something completely unexpected and smiles laughing.

 

 

        My heart forgets to beat at that moment and my cheeks turn a slight shade of pink. Kris looks at me then, as I was completely off guard and leaps up tackling me to ground using his weight to his advantage. My head slams to the ground and I’m pinned down underneath him. I growl and he smirks at me as I look over to the side lines to see a very angry Jane. I stick my tongue out at her Kris noticing and furrows his eyebrows puzzled.

 

        “Get the off me you 20 ton elephant” I say returning my attention back to Kris, “Make me” he says smirking and this time I smirk “If you say so” I reply and he looks confused once again but pain covers his face and I knee him straight in the balls. He rolls of me lying on the ground with his hands in between his legs. Rounds of laughter erupt from the side lines and I turn to see everyone laughing their asses off at Kris. Jane was the only one who looked worried but I could tell she was trying to hold back her laughter as well.

 

        I quickly stand up and bring my fist around to punch him again but he doges it kneeing me in the stomach. I grimace at the pain put as he goes to punch me I punch him as well both our fists connecting with each other equal in power.

 

        I pull away and nod my head satisfied with his combat skills, “You’re really well built physically and your fighting skills are amazing so there’s no need to improve that, so what's your power?” I ask. “Well it’s flight” he says and I motion for him to demonstrate. He easily floats a meter up and does a couple of flips in the air landing on the ground smoothly.

 

        “SHOW OFF!” I hear Luhan and Chen yelling and I laugh while Kris gives them a glare. “All right enough of that, let’s get with your power training” I say and we get into the proper position, although it was a little tough to do so since he was just so damn tall. “Close your eyes Kris” I instruct and after he does I do so as well. “Now let go off your attachments to this world, let it all go Kris” it takes a moment before he relaxes and gets into the trance. I move onto the next step asking him to find his true self.

 

        He looks deep within his soul and is completely surprised by what he sees, although it took him a while to find his true self he did. “Now accept yourself for who you are” I say continuing. I feel him tense up a bit and take a deep breath anticipating it to take a while, and it did. Around an hour past and we were still sitting like that, I sigh knowing that we had to move on because the others still had to be trained.

 

        I give his hands a reassuring squeeze, “Kris just accept it, it won’t change who you are in the slightest, in fact it made you who you are today” I say trying to encourage him. Kris takes a deep breath and then relaxes finally accepting it and I smile to myself. We get up and I watch as he dusts off his pants.

 

        “Alright now show us your new found power using the same amount of effort you did before” he nods his head and stands with his legs spread out. Instead of just floating a meter above he goes shooting straight up into the sky at an alarming pace, his face full of fear. “THE IS THIS!!” he shouts as he keeps going higher and higher.

 

        I sigh and shout back up at him “KRIS STOP FREAKING OUT!!! IT’S YOUR POWER!!!! JUST DO WHAT YOU NORMALLY DO TO GET DOWN!!!” I see his little head bobbing like crazy as he focuses on bringing himself back towards the ground. He lands on his feet but falls down on his shaking his head. “Kris!” yells Jane running over to him cupping his face “Are you ok” she asks concerned and Kris smiles ruffling her hair. “Ya, just startled by the speed that’s all.”

 

        He gets up and makes his way to the sidelines smacking my head in the process. “YAH! What was that for?” I yell at only to be rewarded with a smirk “For not warning me.” I shake my head biting my lips to prevent any smart comment from escaping.

 

        Luhan quickly gets up and walks over to me shaking my hand flashing me a bright smile “I believe it’s my turn now.”

 


See, i updated again just like i promised XD