Chapter 29, Getting Ready

1000 years of sleep

 Ok so i know some of you where expecting some in this chapter but there isn't going to be. After putting up a poll and asking I decided not to add in but write a oneshot beacuse it would't be fair to some of my readers. So you now have the option of reading the between Baekhyun and Rose if you want ^^ Here is the link What Happened That Night Also if you don't read the it doesn't affect your understanding of this story.

 


          I wake up and feel someone’s arms wrapped around my waist, turning around I see Baekhyun still fast asleep. I sigh and peck him on his nose before getting up and grabbing the cloths I had first worn when I woke up; I rush to the bathroom and get dressed. I walk out wearing my leather capris, black combat boots, and a lose fitting black tank top allowing free movement.

 

          I look at the still sleeping Baekhyun and smile sadly “I guess this is probably the last time I get to spend time with you.” I sit down next to him and pet his head lovingly; I tear up and look away. It’s the first time that I’ve allowed myself to fall in love with someone since I was chosen by the elders. I forgot how much it hurt to say goodbye.

 

          I feel someone my cheek and I widen my eyes in surprise “Morning” he whispers smiling at me and I can’t help but smile back. “Morning” I answer and he gets up looking at the clock “It’s only 5:00am Rose. Lets sleep some more~” Baekhyun wines and lays his head on my shoulder.

 

          “We can’t. The fights today remember?” I question and he nods his head sadly “I’m sorry I forced you into it last night I just….” I stopped him by placing my finger over his lips “It’s ok. I know. I feel the same way now go get dressed while I wake the others.” Baekhyun nods reluctantly before getting up; giving me one last peck on the lips he goes to his bedroom through the bathroom.

 

          Sighing I get up and walk out of my room; I hear loud snoring from the room diagonal and knock on the door. The snoring continues and I open the door and try to hold in my laughter. Kris was sleeping with his head on the floor and the rest of his body on the bed hugging what looked like a stuffed alpaca murmuring “Jane~” I just couldn’t hold it in anymore “PWAHAHA!” I laugh and he startles awake falling off his bed performing a summersault.

         

         “What the....ROSE!” He shouts angrily storming towards me “GET READY FOR THE FIGHT LAZY HEAD!” I shout and run out of his room before he could punch me. I look to my left to see the door opening and see a sleepy Xuimin walk out wearing onesy with Pokémon on it. Xuimin dragged a blanket behind him and Luhan was holding the other end wearing a onesy with Digimon on it rubbing his eyes sleepily. “Morning Rose what’s the hurry?” Xuimin tiredly asks and I smile at the both of them “Fight’s today go get ready” they both nod their heads instantly becoming awake at the mention of the war.

 

          Turning away from them I continue to wake the guys up, they all had quite interesting sleeping habits. Kai would sleep fully clothed shoes and all, Chanyeol slept with no cloths on at all; now don’t go thinking funny things. He calmly explained when I walked into his room that I should get the out of his bedroom because he was under his blanket. Chen sang in his sleep, Sehun would snort occasionally as if he had just heard a funny joke, D.O slept in his closet instead of his bed. Tao was the only one awake practicing his wushu, Suho and Lay where normal huddled up against each other and I couldn’t help but notice the tear stains on their cheeks.

 

          Not wanting to pry into their private matters I wake Jane up and Sara who happened to be grumpy when she first wakes up so I got a pillow to the face. I walk out of their room pouting and someone touches my shoulder and I turn to see Baekhyun smiling at me “Let’s have some breakfast in the café while we wait for the others.”

 

          Nodding my head he grabs my hand and entwines our fingers together leading the way, we make it to the café and manage to get halfway through our pancakes before the others stumble in. They each grab their breakfast and join us on the table; Jane yawns loudly and rubs her eyes with her fist earning a fan girl squeal out of Suho. As he makes the noise I look at him and then Lay to see them smiling happily and decide not to bring up their tears.

 

          “So why are we up this early?” Kris asks still pissed at me for waking him up “The war is today and we need to get prepared. Sara when will they attack?” I ask and Sara closes her eyes briefly and lifts up her hands. “Around noon” She answers and I nod my head “That leaves us a little less than 5 hours to evacuate the city.”

 

          “We have to evacuate?” Chen asks and I nod my head “We don’t want the citizens getting hurt or in the way. We need them out of the city” I state and he nods. Kai disappears and reappears moments later holding a map “We should split up” he says and I nod my head. “We need them past here” I say pointing to nearest city which was over 100km away.

 

          We quickly finish our breakfast and head to our designated parts of the city with our partners: Sehun and Suho, Kris and Jane, Lay and Luhan, Chen and Xuimin, Kai, Chanyeol and Sara, Tao and D.O, Baekhyun and me. “Alright everybody as long as we alert everyone on our sides before 7:00am they should have enough time to quickly pack something’s and drive away which will take around a good 3ish hours. We’ll meet back on the training grounds when we’re done.” Suho says rubbing his hands together “THEN LETS GO~” Tao and D.O shout together running to their side while flapping their arms like birds. Kris face palms and I hear him mumble “How are those 2 even on the council?” Jane pats his back and he smiles at her before putting his arm around her shoulder walking away towards their side.

 

          The rest of us split up and manage to quickly evacuate everyone out safely with little resistance “Wow they really listen to you guys huh?” I say and Baekhyun smiles proudly “Of course after all we do rule over Octavia.” I nod my head as we walk down the path to the arena, only Chen, Xuimin, D.O and Tao where back laying in the grass. I walk over to them only to hear a deafening growl from the forest to our sides.

 

          I narrow my eyes but smile when I see Razul walk out, he stalks over to me and I pet head just like I had done with Baekhyun this morning. He purr’s in response and the others quickly come over to pet him as well, Lay was even daring enough to sit on his back and get a little ride. I chuckle and look over at the forest to see 9 other panther cautiously come out of the forest and I smile as one comes over and my face.

   

          Razul growls and the others flinch back in surprise “They will help us fight against the werewolves” I say understanding Razul’s growl and the other's smile cheekily at the panthers. “Thanks you fluffy hair balls” Chen says with a mock bow and the closest panther snaps his jaw at him making Chen pale a bit. The others arrived shortly after and we got out our weapons from the weapons house, they each grabbed their preferred weapon and I watch as Sara grabs some black spider throwing stars and tucks a small gun into the waist band of her pants. Jane grabs what looked like a crystal mace and as for me, I grabbed a pair of duel blades that didn’t have handles but merely strings attached to the end.

 

          We inspect our weapons once to make sure they where good to go before heading out to the front of the castle once there we sit on the steps leading up to the door with the panthers sitting at our feet  and wait for our enemy to arrive. We didn’t have to wait long as the panthers started growling with hatred and sneers on their faces, I take a deep breath and the faint smell of wet dog lingered “There here” I say and narrow my eyes, the others follow my gaze and see the pack of were wolves heading our way.


Ok so how mad are some of you by the fact that I said i would update a few days ago but didn't? Well to bad because I had a chemistry test that i needed to study for and now that that's out of the way I can update today ^-^