Chapter 21, D.O

1000 years of sleep

 

          “ROSE!” someone shouts and I turn to see Baekhyun walking towards me with Lay, Sehun, Tao, and D.O trailing behind. I wave to them and wait until they reach me to begin. “Alright Baekhyun, Lay you guys can just sit on the side lines. I have to talk to these 3 first.” I say and they walking away as I explain to the 3 still there that power training was a mental not physical thing. They nod their heads slowly digesting the information until I finish explaining.

 

          “Well I’m first right?” D.O questions and as I nod my head the other 2 skip to the side lines taking a seat next to the 2 already sitting there. D.O bows a little to me and I bow back “Alright D.O go grab your preferred weapon” I say and he nods his head walking into the house searching for his weapon. “ROSE!” I hear someone call my name and turn around to face Jane “What’s up?” I ask as she giggles hopping up and down.

 

          “Remember that thing I promised to show you yesterday?” I think back to yesterday and then my mind clicks with Jane and Kai laughing together pointing at her phone. “Oh yah” I say and she whips out her phone “Take a look!” she says and plays a video of the time Kai was messing around with Lay, Chanyeol and Baekhyun after his training. I started laughing at the video and Jane smiles at my reaction and whispers into my ear “I’m keeping this just in case I ever need something from them.”

 

          “Found it!” I hear D.O holler and Jane quickly rushes to the side lines to get out of our way. D.O comes walking back with a long metal chain wrapped around his torso and I raise an eyebrow “Um D.O can a chain be a weapon?” I ask and as he nods his head vigorously I just shrug and motion him to demonstrate.

 

          I watch as he takes a deep breath and uncoils about half of the chain off of him and then walks over to the dummies I had set up before; he lazily swings the chain in his hand. He closes his eyes and continues to lazily swing the chain around before abruptly opening his eyes and spins the chain at a dizzying pace.

 

           He captivates my attention immediately as he attacks the first dummy whirling the chain around decapitating it. He stops whirling it and steps on one end while pulling the other finally getting off of the end under his foot causing it to whip up slashing another dummy in half. He easily destroys the rest as well swinging the chain and slashing at them, all this happening in a matter of seconds. As soon as all the dummies have been demolished he stops swinging the chain and walks over to me “So was I alright?” he asks nervously and I smile in response “Yep you were amazing. I had no idea a metal chain could be used as a weapon.”

 

          He grins then “Well you never will know unless you try right?” he asks and I nod my head. “Well since you know how to use your weapon I guess we can move right to combat training. Punch me.” “Rose?” D.O asks while tilting his head. “Yes D.O?” I say “Why do you ask us to punch your face?” I grin at him surprised by his question. I shrug my shoulders and answer “It lets me know how much strength you have and how much I should use on you when we fight.”

 

          “Oh” he says and walks over to me, I prepare for the hit as D.O brings back his fist and pounds it into the side of my skull. I shut my eyes from the impact but manage to stay on my feet. Once the ache in the side of my head disappears slightly I open them again and see D.O staring at me his eyes wide in concern. I can’t but giggle at his face and watch as his eyes widen even more in surprise if that was even possible.

 

          I poke him in between his eyes causing him to shut them in surprise “Open your eyes any wider and your eyeballs will fall out” I tease and he pouts removing my finger “Whatever, let’s just get on with it” he scoffs and I smile “Whatever you say, You make the first move.” I wait for him to approach me as we circling each other.

 

          I watch as he never loses focus eyes always on my body for any sign of movement. He quickly runs over to me going to punch but I swiftly dodge his arm and land a punch of my own on his chest. He brings his fist up in an uppercut hitting my jaw square on, my head flings back from the impact forcing me to fall backwards but before my head could hit the ground I stretch my arms out and perform a back flip safely landing on my feet.

 

            He immediately rushes towards me wasting no time and knee’s me in the gut, I grunt in pain but quickly bring my elbow down slamming it onto his back before he could move away causing him to fall to the ground. I go to punch him but he swiftly rolls out of the way bringing his foot up kicking me in the chest sending me flying backwards.

 

           I fall to the ground in a heap but quickly get up as I hear footsteps approaching me and dodge D.O’s punch just in time. We get a few more blows on each other until I see the perfect opportunity. He goes to kick me again but instead of dodging this time I block the kick and swiftly grab hold of his leg. “What the h…” before D.O could finish his sentence I turned his leg making him face forwards, I took a step forward making him hop in order to not lose his balance.

 

         Having fun I smirk and continue walking making D.O hop as well; I hear someone burst out laughing from the side lines and see everyone on the side lines laughing their asses off at D.O. I watch as D.O face turns read from embarrassment, before I could even let go he quickly turns around to face me his leg still in my grasp and bends his knee brining his leg close to his body dragging me along.

 

          I let go of his leg in surprise and he swiftly brings it down stomping on my foot “!” I curse loudly at the sudden pain and he smirks only to have me grab his arm and pin him on the floor. He struggle under me for a minute but then stops and I let go, he sits up and gives me a look before breaking out into a grin “You’re a great fighter” he complements and I sit down next to him stretching out my legs.

 

           “So are you, you’re quite the creative fighter being able to think of a way for me to let go of your foot” I say and he rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. “Thanks” he says as we hear foot steps we turn around to see Lay standing behind us. “Healing time~” he sings resulting in D.O and I giggling. He heals D.O first and then moves on to me I close my eyes waiting for him to place his hand on my head but instead he places it on my cheek.

 

          I open my eyes only to be looking into Lay’s dark brown ones as he heals me, startled by the eye contact I look down but feel someone forcing my chin up “Look at me Rose” he whispers and I gulp but nod slightly. I feel the warm feeling rush through me again as he heals me and I get memorized by his eyes.

 

         I watch as he slowly leans closer and closer his hand never leaving my cheek until “YAAHHH!” I abruptly turn my head towards the direction of the noise breaking the eye contact to see Baekhyun standing up his fists clenched pouting. I hear Lay chuckle and turn back to him; he quickly pecks my forehead and moves back to the sidelines sitting next to Sehun as far away from Baekhyun as possible as Tao pulls Baekhyun down and gives his Hyung a hug.

 

          I tilt my head confused by Baekhyun’s sudden scream and hear D.O clear his throat, I turn to face him and see him smiling “Don’t mind them, there just a little crazy” he says and I think back to Kai and Lay’s training sessions and shake my head. “More than a little D.O” I say and he chuckles. “Well anyway let’s move on to power training what’s your power?” I ask “Earth” he answers. I motion for him to demonstrate and he does so creating a mini earth quake underneath us making me fall over.

 

          I stay sitting and motion him to do the same and we begin our training getting into the proper position “Alright D.O let go of  your attachments to this world” he takes a deep breath and after a moment of silence he relaxes and I take that as my sign to continue. “Now D.O find your inner self, your true self you keep hidden from others.”

 

         I patiently wait for him while he struggles looking, and when he squeezes my hand I smile knowing he’s ready to continue. “Now D.O accept it” I feel him tense and give some words of encouragement “D.O you would have never gotten to where you are without it, and it makes you who you are.”

 

          I feel him nod against my forehead and smile, it takes a while but as he sighs and slowly starts moving away from me I open my eyes happy that D.O manages to accept himself. But what I saw shocked me. His eyes. They had light brown swirls swimming in them even though he wasn’t using his powers and I prayed it wasn’t true. “D-D.O?” I ask my voice quivering in fear hoping that like Suho he would just blink and return to normal. But I was wrong, my fear only increases as he blinked and the swirls didn’t disappear.

 

       I hear him chuckle that sinister chuckle and say the 2 words I’ve been dreading

       “I’m back~”

 


Yay! an update ^^

asdfghjkl thank you all so much for reading this it means so much to me!!!

And thank you for commenting <33333