Chapter 5, Baekhyun

1000 years of sleep

 

        “Everyone else can leave if they want or can stay and watch, someone will get you when it’s your turn to train” I say looking at everyone. “Well then I’m out of here, you coming Sehun?” asks Tao “Yep.” Tao and Sehun leave with everyone but Xui min, Suho, Lay and Kris following them.

 

        I turn and face Baekhyun, “Ok so first what’s your power?” I ask tilting my head “Light” he answers immediately. “What is your preferred weapon?” he scrunches up his nose thinking. “Throwing daggers probably” he answers shrugging his shoulders.

 

        “All right, then we will focus on general combat, aim, and enhancing your power of light” he nods his head egger to begin. “Where do you keep you equipment?” I ask. “Jane manages and keeps them together in the shed over there.” He points to a medium sized house, as we step in I raise my eyebrows, the walls where lined with every kind of weapon imaginable and was full with practice targets and dummies.

 

        I go to grab the sac of throwing daggers until I hear a girl scream “WHO THE HELL IS IN MY WEAPONS HOUSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?!?” An angry looking girl walks in; she was about my height with black hair well past her chest, an oval shaped face, and a pair of the prettiest green eyes I had ever seen.

 

        She glares daggers at me until she see’s Baekhyun standing in there as well. “Oh, you’re in here” she says and walks up to Baekhyun placing her hand on his arm. My heart contracts and my chest feels tight as he smiles at her “Jane, nice of you to stop by.” They casually talk and it feels like they had forgotten I was there, I clear my throat causing Jane to glance over at me.

 

      “So who is this” she says and points her fingers towards me and I smirk “Rosaria” she looks confused for a second then recognition covers her face. “You’re that sleeping chick!” she exclaims and bows before me. “I beg for your forgiveness for my rude behavior” she was staring at the floor with a grim expression. “Sure just get up” I say running my hands through my hair. We shake hands although she seemed reluctant at first and bring out the equipment me and Baekhyun will be using.

 

        I step onto the dirt training area and place the equipment off to the side and let Jane set up the targets. “Before we improve your abilities and power, let’s first focus on your combat skills. Hit me with your best punch” I say causing him to raise an eyebrow. He shakes his head and turns away from me, I was expecting him to say something like he can’t hit a girl.

 

        Instead he whips around and sends his fist right into my face; it connects with my jaw causing me to fall down hard. I look up and see his shocked expression as he hurries to help me up, I grab his outstretched hand and electricity runs through me. I get up and quickly remove my hand from his “WHY DIDN’T YOU BLOCK MY HIT?!?” he exclaims.

 

I an eyebrow “The whole point was to see how strong you are stupid.” I state, he frowns while rubbing the fist he hit me with. I smile as I see his concerned face “You are pretty strong” he looks up and smiles a little at my complement. “But now the fun begins” I smirk and he furrows his eyebrows in confusion but is replaced with shock as I run towards him with my fist ready.

 

I punch at the area where his head used to be, and see him ducking down to avoid getting hit. I turn into a side kick which he moves back to avoid. He was faster that I had expected him to be “What the hell are you doing?!?” he exclaims. “Training you” I respond and punch at his chest, but am blocked by his arms.

 

A serious expression forms on his face as goes to knee me in the gut but I was fast enough to avoid it doing a back flip. This time he approaches me and my smirk widens, I avoid his punch but didn’t see his leg coming up which connected with my temple. I fall to the floor with my hands ready to catch my fall turning it into a cartwheel and end up on my feet.

 

A growl escapes my lips as I become serious, he comes at me again but this time I’m ready, I match his punch with my own and knee him in his stomach. He flinches with pain but recovers fast as his other hand comes up in the form of a fist; I quickly move away and am behind him in seconds. “Baekhyun watch out!!” calls Suho, but it’s too late.

 

My fist slams into his face as he turns around causing him to fly backwards and hit a tree, he slumps on the ground and my eyes widen as I realize I hit him too hard. “Baekhyun!” I hear a girl scream and see Jane running towards him. She tenderly cups his face with tears b in her eyes; I frown displeased by their intimate contact. He smiles at her and tries to get but fails miserably, I feel bad and walk over to him to see a bruise forming on his cheek.

 

He looks up and still smiles at me “Quite the punch you have there” he jokes and it breaks my heart to see him trying so hard to cover up the pain that was obviously hurting him. “Sorry” I mutter and bend down towards him, I touch his cheek and he flinches, his smile disappearing and replaced with a grimace.

 

Someone touches my shoulder and moves me to the side gently, I look up to see Lay smiling “No worries I’ll have him fixed in no time” he says and places a hand over Baekhyun’s cheek. A soft orange light radiates from his hand and moments later his bruise was gone, what’s his power I wonder.

 

“Healing” he says answering the unasked question. He then lifts up Baekhyun’s shirt reveling a yellowing bruise on his stomach; Lay does the same as he did on his cheek and the bruise also disappears. He stands up and nods satisfied by his work and goes back to sit at the side lines. “You idiot you should be more careful!” I turn to see a fuming Jane as she spits out those words at me.  “It’s training, he’s going to get hurt” I say shrugging my shoulders.

 

This was the last straw, Jane couldn’t contain her mixed feelings any longer “Then what about you !?!” she runs towards me about to punch from behind but I turn around in the nick of time and stop her fist with my hand. I narrow my eyes at her as my grip on her fist tightens; I turn my hand causing her to turn around her back facing me to avoid breaking her arm. I grab her hair and pull it jerking her head back as I twist her arm behind her back.

 

She struggles a bit but as I pull her hair harder she stops, I kneel down beside her my hands still tangled in her hair and clutching her arm. “Listen closely Jane” I whisper into her ear menacingly “I’m trying to train them so they can become strong and protect your world. They are going to get hurt in the process so just shut up and deal. I swear if you get emotional over it again you’ll get more than a warning next time.”

 

 I release her and instead of crying like I thought she would she stands up and looks me straight in the eye “Fine, but I’ll be watching all the practices then” she states and walks over to Kris. I stare aghast as I watch her walking swinging her hips from side to side but feel a smile playing on my lips. “You ok Rose?” asks Baekhyun, I nod my head “I think I just found an interesting person worth knowing” I say and shake my head facing Baekhyun.

 

“Your combat skills are good; you have speed which helps a lot so I don’t think we need to worry about that too much.” He listens closely as I provide advice on how to further improve his skills like tightening up his punches. “Ok, so now for your aim, throw some of the daggers at the target board” he does as told and I watch him carefully as he throws. 2 of them hit the target dead center but they rest are off by a bit.

 

I stand up and approach him, “You’re aim isn’t bad but there isn’t any consistency, this is because your posture is off. Pretend that your throwing one.” He nods and acts it out, “Again” I say he does it again but this time I intervene. “Move your legs farther apart” he does as told and he pretends to throw again. I come up to him and move his right arm to the left a bit; I push his chest back while pushing his back forward “Stand straight up it helps.”

 

I watch him pretend a couple more times and make adjustments here and there, I then give him the daggers and all 10 hit the target straight on. He eyes widen amazed “Rose!! Did you see that!” he jumps up and down exited and I smile nodding. He comes up to me and gives me a tight hug, I freeze in his arms overwhelmed by the close contact but it only lasts a second as he lets go.

 

I turn around and sit on the ground cross legged, he walks and sits in front of me, looking at me intently. “Now for your powers” he straightens up immediately obviously wanting to do this the most. “Now unlike what most people think, it’s not just training and becoming stronger physically, but mentally as well.” He nods slowly digesting the information that I was telling him.

 

 “I believe that all of your powers are more than powerful enough on the physical side, but even someone who trains everyday & all day will not reach their max power without also enhancing their mental self.” He listens closely as I explain and I can see the others from the corner of my eye listening as well.

 

I join hands with him and let our foreheads touch ignoring the fast pace of my heart as it was not the right time to be focusing on such things. “Close your eyes and let go off all your attachments on this earth, your friends, family, and love.” He frowns a bit and I feel him struggling with himself but eventually let’s go and I feel his body relaxing. I smile to myself as I see how easily he managed to get into the trance.

 

“Now focus on finding your inner self, your true self that you hide from the others hidden deep within your soul.” I begin, starting the process that which will enhance his mental capabilities more than that of the average person. I feel him shudder and a sad smile appears on my face, I can only imagine what he’s going through right now and pray that it isn’t as hurtful as what I had to go through.

 

 “Now accept it” I feel his body tenses against mine and I sigh “Accept it Baekhyun it’s a part of you, it’s what makes you who you are and helped you get to where you are today. You would be nothing without it and it doesn’t help to regret it” I whisper only loud enough for him to hear.

 

He nods slightly it takes a moment but then he relaxes again and I smile, I move my head away from his to see him silently crying. He opens his eyes slowly and my heart breaks at the pain I see in them, I wipe away his tears but he clutches himself onto me and buries his head into my chest sobbing. I look down at him surprised and feel my heart rate pick up and pray that he doesn’t hear it, I slowly pat his head and run my hands up and down his back trying to calm him. I look at the side lines to see the other adverting their eyes from us even Jane.

 

Baekhyun tightens his hold on her as he feels her delicate hands trying to sooth him by his back; he smiles in between his tears and listens to her uneven heart rate that made smile even more for some reason as he listens to her honey like voice. “If it helps, when I did this it took me days to accept my inner self, I was stuck sitting like that with my mentor. Luckily he was patient.”

 

 She chuckles and it sounds like silver bells in his ears, he feels the vibrations of her laugh through his body and his own heart starts racing. He pulls away from her and smiles wondering what she had to accept as a she smiles sadly.

 

I get up and wipe my but to get rid of the dirt, “Let’s see your power now” I say and he gets up as well. He raises his hand and lets a small ball of yellowish light form, I notice that his eyes no longer stay the same color when using his powers but have little yellow specks all over.

 

 He lets the ball of light zoom upwards and explode into a blinding flash of white hot light; I close my eyes to avoid being blinded and open them after. It was amazing how much his power had increased and he indeed also was shocked “I didn’t even use that much effort or power” he says amazed in a daze. I nod satisfied, “You would have never reached that potential until you accepted yourself” I explain and he looks at me in awe, “Your amazing Rose” he gives me his heart attack worthy smile and my breath stops.

 

I clear my throat and turn away from him, “Well you’re done your session” I turn to the side lines “Xui min you’re up” I say and the slightly chubby male makes his way towards me and Baekhyun takes his seat in the side lines.

 

He looks at me serious “Let’s begin.”