Chapter 9, Closer to Jane

1000 years of sleep

 

We keep our senses on high alert ready for any more werewolves that would attack, after all they travel in packs. We just about reached the training ground when I freeze sensing another presence, “Rose come on!” Baekhyun urgently whispers. I shake my head pointing at the direction I feel the presence “There’s something there” I say and his eyes widen as a black panther walks out into plain view.

 

“” Baekhyun curses and I see him get ready to attack but as the panther charges towards us I stop him “Rose what are you doing!” “Just wait” I reply at the impatient boy. The panther gets closer and I can feel the ground quiver under the impact of its paws crashing down on the earth. It was only a few meters away and leaps up using its powerful hind legs to propel itself forward.

 

The panther’s front paws land on my shoulder and push me down on the forest floor. “Kyaaa!” I hear Baekhyun squeal and try to contain my laughter. I look up to see the panther growling at me showing its large teeth that could easily tear through my skin and bone in one go. It leans in closer and my shoulders ache from the weight of it, it growls again but I keep staring at it never losing my face.

 

It suddenly opens its mouth but instead of biting the panther simply my face all over. I smile and start giggling looking up a Baekhyun frozen on the spot his mouth wide open. “Close your mouth Baekhyun your gonna get flies in there” he quickly closes he mouth completely confused as to why it didn’t just eat my face off.

 

“The crap Rose!” Baekhyun says and sits on the ground clutching his heart “You gave me a heart attack.” I sit up and the panther gets off me approaching Baekhyun who immediately tenses up. “Relax, he’s just getting your sent” I say standing up whipping off the dirt from my . “Relax?! How the hell can I relax when a 10 ton panther is me?!” I turn to look at him now pinned under the panther that was furiously his face over and over again.

 

I giggle at his scrunched up face, and tell the panther to get off. It quickly walks back to me nuzzling its head in the crook of my neck. “Why didn’t that thing kill us?” asks Baekhyun earning a growl form the panther. “Its name is Razul, and it’s because I once had one of these” I say petting Razul’s head. “Had? Like a pet?” asks Baekhyun his voice squeaking “Of course not! What idiot has a panther as a pet? He was more of an acquaintance.” I say smirking and turning my back on Baekhyun walking out of the forest onto the training ground.

 

I hear him follow and smile at his muttering “An acquaintance huh? What the hell have I gotten myself into?” We reach the training ground and I send Baekhyun off to find the others since he most likely knows where each is. I turn to see the weapon’s houses door open and curios I walk over to see whose inside. “Couldn’t have placed the daggers into the right spot huh?” I hear mumbling and instantly recognize the voice.

 

“Sorry, I forgot where they go” I say shrugging my shoulders entering the little house. “Rose!” Jane exclaims clearly surprised, “I-I didn’t m-mean what I was saying!” she stutters looking down a clearly visible blush appearing on her face. “That’s alright I don’t mind” I say and sit on the ground watching her resume putting the weapons back into place.

 

“So you and Kris huh?” I ask earning a shocked expression from her “W-what do you mean me and K-Kris” she asks her face an even deeper shade of red. “Pulease girl~” I say “I see the way you been looking at him when he was protecting you from the hail.” Her face turns an even darker shade of red before she retorts “Ya! Well what about you and my cousin!”

 

This time I was shocked “YOUR COUSIN!?!” I exclaim and face palm myself for getting jealous earlier when she was touching him. “Yep, my first cousin” she says proudly then smirked “You were so jealous weren’t you?” “Was not” I say hiding my face between my arms. “Yes you were, and even more jealous when we left together before lunch” I couldn’t take any more of her teasing “How would you like it if I got all close with Kris?” I ask and she looked shocked then angry.

 

“You wouldn’t dare” she threatens, I smirk standing up “Maybe” I reply and before we could continue our quarrel I hear Baekhyun calling for me “Rose I got the others!” I walk out of the house with a smirk and give her the finger returning the one she was giving me.

 


Urg, crappy chapter i know but i'll update again today to make up for it i promise XD