Chapter 19, Lunch part 1

1000 years of sleep

 

         After dumping Jane and Chanyeol in their bedrooms Kris and I say bye and I head over to the kitchen to see if Baekhyun was done making lunch. I touch the door knob but let go remembering the pictures. I blush while taking his phone out of my pocket and look at the pictures once more and suddenly get hit with a thought.

 

          What if the reason everyone was so awkward before was because they had pulled back the covers and saw what Jane and I was wearing. I shake my head trying to dismiss the thought not noticing the kitchen doors opening until they slammed me in my face. “Ouch, watch where you’re…” I begin to shout at the person who had opened the door while rubbing my head, only to look up at a shocked Baekhyun.

 

          “ROSE!” he shouts and hurriedly helps me up “Are you alright?” he asks concern flooding his eyes. I nod not trusting myself to speak as he grins still holding onto my hands, “Great! Now let’s go!” he says excitedly and starts swinging our joined hands while humming a song I recognized as ‘What is Love’ (A/N: by exo). I fidget as we walk debating whether or not pull my hand away but in the end just let him hold it thinking how perfectly our hands fit together.

 

          I suddenly remember that I had his phone and thought it be best that I gave it back to him, I pull it out from my pocket using my free hand and stop walking causing Baekhyun to stop as well. “Rose?” he asks and I hold out his phone “You dropped this when you went inside” I say looking at the ground while blushing.

 

“Oh! That’s right! I forgot I took Suho’s phone” he says and grabs the phone from my hands “Your welc….Wait! That’s Suho’s phone?!” I ask and he nods leaving me flabbergasted. Why does Suho have pictures of us sleeping? I think mumbling incoherent words to myself.

 

          “Rose? Something wrong?” Baekhyun asks shocking me out of my daze “N-no nothing at all” I say faking a smile and he smiles back. We continue our way to the part of the forest Baekhyun had led me to yesterday and we sit under the same willow tree.

 

 

          “This place is amazing. How did you find it?” I ask him and he smiles “I was lost in thought one day and my feet just brought me here. It’s been my favorite place ever since.” I smile at him and he looks over at me seriously “Rose there are so many thing I want to ask but don’t think I’ll have enough time.” I look at him shocked by his statement and feel sad remembering that I won’t be here forever.

 

          “Well we you can start after lunch” I say trying to brighten the mood and he smiles opening the picnic basket pulling out a bunch of food again but not forgetting the pizza. We munch on the food in silence admiring the scenery around us and I glace at Baekhyun. He was sitting smiling to himself eating some cake as he watched bunnies nuzzling noses and I couldn’t help but fan girl on the inside over his cuteness.

 

We finish lunch soon after and I lay on the soft grass as he begins asking his questions,

 

“Rose”

 

“Neh Baekhyun?”

 

“Could you tell me what you saw that took you so long to accept your inner self?” I freeze at his first question and give him an asking look. “I was just c-curios is all” he mumbles looking at the ground playing with a piece of grass. “Only if you tell me what you saw first” I say and he looks up immediately “Really?” he asks shocked that I would be willing to tell him. “Sure” I say and roll onto my stomach laying my head on my arms to get a better view of him.

 

          I watch as he rubs his index fingers together debating whether or not it was worth it to tell me what he saw so he could know what I saw. “Alright then” my ears perk up at his words not expecting him to agree and I patiently wait for him to start. “Well you see I have a sister named Delilah.” He begins his story and I watch as he gets lost in his memories smiling sadly as he said his sisters name. 

 

          “I didn’t know you had a sister” I say and his smile saddens even more “Not anymore” he says and my heart drops. I don’t know what to say so I just get up and place my hand over his trying to offer comfort. He looks at me squeezing my hand and continues his story.

 

          “We were in the market one day buying groceries and were on our way home. Delilah suddenly remembered we forgot to buy grapes our mother’s favorite. So we stopped by a store and she went into it to buy them while I waited outside. I waited and waited wondering what was taking her so long because no one else was there. So I walked in and…”

 

 I catch his tears as he trails off now streaming down his checks and I brush them away with my thumbs, cupping his cheek I whisper “Baekhyun you don’t have to tell me the rest” I say but he shakes his head grabbing my hands that where cupping his face holding them there. “But I want to” he says and continues.

 

          “When I walked in I saw her on the ground her cloths a mess with a guy on top of her. No one else was in the store and I was too shocked to do anything. She pleaded my name asking me to help her and I was too scared to do anything so I just watched Rose. I watched him my sister.

 

        And when he saw me watching all he did was smirk and continued to her. Eventually he stopped and threw my sisters body who was unconscious to the floor roughly, I heard a crack and watched as blood spilt from her head. Then he started to come towards me. I-I was so scared Rose that I just ran away without doing anything.

 

 I ran all the way home telling my parents and soon they had arrived at the store but it was too late. Delilah was dead and the man no longer there. The police and council said there was nothing that they could do. She was o-only 12.”

 

          His voice breaks at the end but I was frozen in place from his story, my hands where still on his face. I watch as he eyes meet mine no longer filled with sadness but with anger and hatred.

 

          “That’s what they said Rose but I didn’t accept it. After a year of hating myself for not doing anything I went back to that shop. I went back to that shop after I trained and was ready for anything. My power also showed up that year as well which was unfortunate for the guy who ed Delilah because I saw him Rose. I saw him standing calmly behind the cash register and I thought to myself how someone could live with themselves after ing a 12 year old. But you see he didn’t, not after I meet him.

 

          I was so overcome with emotion that without thinking I attacked him there and then. I beat him up until he was bruised and bloodied all over. I beat him until he could move and then I killed him Rose. I killed him slowly and painfully. I hadn’t been able to forgive myself for what I was for the past 8 years, a horrible brother and a killer. Until yesterday so thank you.”

 

          I let go of his checks and hug him around the neck; I let him bury his face in my chest clutching my shirt as he sounded soft sobs regretting that I ever asked him to tell me his inner self. I quietly wait for him to stop sobbing rubbing small circles on his back, no wonder he cried after training I think as he pulls away wipping his tears. He smiles at me then and it breaks my heart to see him smiling like that after what he told me.

 

          “But don’t let it bother you Rose. I know the other have sad and depressing pasts as well and some of theirs are probably worse than mi…” before he could finish I grab his head place a soft his on his forehead shutting him up. His eyes widen with shock “It doesn’t matter if their pasts are worse than yours. Yours is still sad enough” I say and he nods his head “What about you Rose?” he asks and I bite my lip looking away.

 

          “I think we’ve had enough sad stories for today” I say and look back at him to see him glaring at me “You promised though” he says and I look away again “I-I know but” I never got to finish as Baekhyun had pushed me down on the grass by my shoulders. “I want to get to know you more” he says huskily and my heart beats a million time a minute.

 

          He wants to know me. I think and nod my head as he lets go sitting across from me, I sit up and he motions for me to begin. “Well alright then” I say and begin my story. “It happened back a long time ago when I was still a child, well a teenager. I was frustrated with myself that I hadn’t gotten my powers yet when all my friends did and they were teasing me about it.”

 

          I sigh as I remember the story and look over at Baekhyun to see him looking at me with expectant eyes. I continue my story not wanting to afraid it might change his opinion about me.

 

          “I grew so frustrated with myself that I got angry. And I kept on getting angrier and angrier every time I thought about it. One day finally having enough I had gone to the basement of my house and screamed my lungs out kicking a wall. Because of the amount of anger I had my powers seeped out. I had gained my powers but they were out of control fueled by my anger. My mother came down naturally worried about me but I wish she didn’t.”

 

          I clench my fists me throat feeling heavy and blocked with sadness as I remember what happened that tragic day. Baekhyun looked at me worried but I take a deep shaky breath and continue.

 

          “My powers were so out of control that they had taken over me and I was no longer myself. It was as if someone else had possessed me but I knew what was doing. I had grabbed my mom by the neck and had begun to choke her, I was chocking her and chocking her until my dad came down and slapped me releasing my hold on her.

 

        That made me even angrier and I ended up fighting with him. We fought and fought even my mother had joined in since I wasn’t stopping. It got to the point where they had to use knives to prevent me from killing them but my mother. She never had been good with fighting so the knife accidently slipped out of her hands onto the floor in front of me.

 

          I grabbed it and from that point on they couldn’t stop me. I slowly killed both of them draining them of their blood until their corpses were dry and I-I even killed my sisters.”

 

At this point of the story I was sobbing and Baekhyun was just staring at me in shock. I look over at him and knew there was no point in stopping the story now that he heard most of it.

 

          “I had stabbed them over and over again; I can still hear their screams echoing inside my head

 

“Please stop!!!!!”

 

“We’ll be good we promise!!!!”

 

“UNNIE!!! NOOOO!!!”

 

        They were 4 and 6 years old and I killed them in cold blood. But it doesn’t stop there. I had grabbed all their bodies and threw them into a pile in the basement then set them on fire.

 

         After doing all of that I was exhausted and fell asleep next to the pile of burning flesh. The next morning when I woke up I was in the hospital and the doctor told me the entire house was on fire and I was the only survivor, I remembered what I had done and burst into tears at the hospital.

 

        After that day I had tried countless times to kill myself using every method I could think of and nothing worked. So you see that’s why I didn’t mind that the council chose me to be the ‘warrior’ I could finally do something as payment for what I’ve done but I knew nothing I ever did could make up for it.”

 

          I finish my story and look at Baekhyun through my tears expecting him to be disgusted that I killed my family. But instead sympathy filled his eyes and as he embraced me I clutched onto his shirt and cried even harder. It’s been years since I last cried and I felt good to finally release all of the tears I had held back.

 

          After a few minutes of crying I pulled away from Baekhyun and he smiled softly at me “I guess we both have sad stories then” he whispers and I nod my head agreeing with the statement. We both lay on the blanket next to each other both being comforted by each other’s presence not saying anything for the next half hour.

 

          I can’t help but feel that I’ve gotten a lot closer to Baekhyun from before and smile at thought. After finally calming down my heart I decided to break the silence “So then Baekhyun it’s my turn to ask a question right? Why are there pictures of Jane and I on Suho’s phone?” 

 


Ok so this chapter was to just give you guys an idea of what everyone was accepting when they did power training with rose ^^

And I can promise next chapter will be full of fluff or other sweet stuff  >:]

Also since my exams are coming to an end more updates!!!