Chapter 16, Kai

1000 years of sleep

 

        “Stop being cocky and just go grab your weapon” I say pointing at the weapons house, he nods his head and disappears in front of me reappearing in front of the weapons house. I look behind me confused just in time to see Kai walking into the house, “Teleportation” a voice says behind me and I turn to see Lay looking down at me. “Oh” I say smiling and turn my attention to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were playing rock paper scissors; I laugh as Chanyeol wins causing Baekhyun to smack his shoulder. “Found it!” we hear Kai scream from inside the house and he reappears in front of Lay and I holding a large scythe.

 

        “Well I guess there is no need to ask for your power then” I say and Kai smirks while Lay walks over to the side lines. “Yep, I prefer using it over walking” he says proudly and I smirk “So you’re lazy and unfit then.” His attitude disappears immediately and I order Jane to take out some dummies. I look over at Kai to see him staring at the ground muttering to himself and smile at his cuteness.

 

        “Alright then Kai, do you even know how to use that?” I ask and he looks up quickly and nods, “Alright demonstrate then” I say pointing at the dummies Jane just set up. He nods and turns serious as he walks over to the dummies.

 

         I watch as he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath raising the scythe over his head whirling it at a dizzying pace. He lashes out at the dummy in front of him and turns around swinging the scythe gracefully in an almost dance like manor piecing the other dummy.

 

       It finished almost as soon as he began and I look around the area to see all 6 dummies slashed in half with stuffing everywhere. I look over at Kai to see him holding the scythe upright and admiring his work. I have to admit that he looks magnificent with the scythe by his side and as he turns his head towards me that thought only imprints itself deeper into my mind.

 

        I shake my head and motion him to come towards me and he does so slowly while staring right at me causing me to blush a bit and look away. He stops a meter from me and I look up to see him smirking at me and I frown. “I was amazing hmm?” He questions with that arrogant attitude of his making me want to smack him.

 

        “It was alright” I say shrugging and turn around only to have him grab my shoulder turning me around using his arms to press me up against him encircling my waist. “K-kai!” I shout and try pushing him away but fail due to the fact that I was extremely flustered. “You’re lying, just admit I was amazingly perfect~” he sing song voice. I frown and look over at the side lines to see Baekhyun staring at me and his words echo in my head ‘Never let anyone else touch you Rose.’

 

        “Alright alright” I say admitting defeat “You were amazingly perfect” I say and he lets go off me turning around “At being stupid” I mumble under my breath. I look up to see Kai glaring at me and I smile “Alright combat training” I say quickly to get his mind distracted “Punch me as hard as you can.”

 

        Without any hesitation Kai launches an attack pounding his fist into my temple and I fall to my knees from the impact. “Ow” I say flatly and stand up shaking my head, “Sorry was that to hard?” I took up to see Kai staring at me concerned and I smile at his attitude change. “Not at all” I say and he smiles in relief.  

 

        I crack my neck and rub my temple thoughtfully “Well seems like you have the skill with your scythe and your strength is decent. Now I want you to fight me but not like others did, I’m sure they told you of their training. I want you to fight me using your powers, this way you can see the difference before and after we increase your power.”

 

        He stares at me thoughtfully then looks confused “But can’t I just show you my power before we start power training like the other did?” I start streching preparing for the fight as I answer him “Your power is different though. Unlike theirs you would fight using your power and weapon at the same time where as the others would stop using their weapons to use their powers beside Chen and Kris. Plus you power isn’t something like an element so you can’t use it as a weapon.”

 

        I finish stretching and motion Kai to begin, he shrugs his shoulders and runs towards me going to punch my face again, I prepare to block but he disappears before he could punch and I immediately close my eyes letting my hearing increase. I hear a faint whoosh on the left and turn around punching nothing but thin air until Kai’s face appears and my fist connects sending him sprawling on the ground. 

 

        He looks up at me amazed then smirks “This is gonna be fun” he says disappearing again and I smirk “For me” I say and turn around this time smashing my foot into the chest of the reappearing Kai. He falls back down and tries to trip me but I jump up avoiding his leg and bring my fist down to where he was moments ago. I close my eyes listening for the sound of him reappearing and hear it to my left. I quickly move out of the way before he could slam his knee into my stomach.

 

        I run up to him punching his arm and turn performing a side kick, he avoids it falling to the ground but catches his fall and flips into a handspring kicking my face in the processes. He smirks regaining his confidence and disappears teleporting behind me only to be hit with another punch.

 

         “You’re moves are too predictable! Change it up!” I shout at him and he lunges at me grabbing me by my waist and tackles me to the ground. We both wrestle lying on the floor for a bit but then stand up again me in a head lock. He increased the pressure and it soon becomes hard for me to breathe.

 

        I quickly jab my elbow into his stomach and he releases me, I turn to punch him but he disappears. I turn to the left expecting him to be there but notice a whoosh from behind me and realize my mistake to late as the impact of his fist knocks me to the side. I quickly get up and close my eyes letting my hearing be my guide; I quickly spin punching out and hear a grunt as my fist connects with skin. This continues for a few moments and getting bored I stop the fight.

 

        He appears before me and I sigh shaking my head, “This is why I wanted you to fight with your powers but you honestly ” I say and his expression deflates. “Even if we improve your powers it’s going to be meaningless if you’re predictable. Keep changing the direction you appear in or you’re just going to get hit over and over.” I point at the bruises forming on his arm and the side of his face.

 

        He nods and Lay comes rushing over sensing that we were done fighting, he goes to Kai first seating him on the ground and runs his hand over the area’s that were bruised. “Wow man, you just got your kick by a girl” Lay say to Kai teasing him “Shut up” Kai mumbles swatting away Lay’s hand but Lay just giggles and continues healing him.

 

         Once Lay was done, Kai walked over to Baekhyun and Chanyeol sulking and they tried to cheer him up. “Your turn” I hear Lay speak and smile as he lays his hand on my head and the warm feeling consumes me again. “Thanks Lay” I say smiling but he shakes his head “Not done yet” he frowns and places his hand over my chest “L-Lay!” I stutter surprised and a blush works its way up my face.

 

        “You forgot to let me heal you last night so I have no choice but to do it now” he says, I try to move his hand away but he stops me and leans in close. “Just let me finish Rose” he pleads and I nod looking away from him. I stare at the ground waiting for Lay to finish and pray he doesn’t notice my heart racing.

 

        I smile to myself as I notice Rose looking away and blushing, I focus on healing her wounds from the other day which had only increased and smile to myself as I feel her heart racing. I look towards the side lines and notice Baekhyun glaring at me and I smirk. “Ok done” I say and help Rose up who mumbles a small thank you and bows. I smile and pull her in for a hug taking a deep breath of her sent before letting her go.

 

        I freeze in Lay’s arms as I feel him inhale, my blush deepens and I could smell the cologne he was wearing. He lets go off me and walks to the side lines sending Kai back to me. Kai stops in front of me still sulking and I sigh “Kai, you should really get over what I said. Instead of sulking don’t you think you should take that into consideration next time you fight? Besides you’re an alright fighter it was just that one thing.” I say and watch as he looks up at me thinking then smiles and nods.

 

        “Good now for your power training sit in front of me” I say and he does so, we touch our foreheads and hold hands closing our eyes. “First step Kai, let go of you attachments to this world. Just let them go” I instruct and Kai takes a minute before exhaling and nods his head slightly.

 

        I smile at his progress and move to the next stage “Now find your inner self, the one you hide from the others” I instruct and wait patiently for Kai to find it. It’s takes a while but he finally finds it letting out a small “Aha” signaling he’s ready to move on.

 

        “Now accept yourself, you cannot move forward unless you do so” I say and I feel him frown. I take a deep breath anticipating the wait and wait I did. It’s almost been an hour before Kai finally accepted himself moving away from me slowly. I open my eyes to see him frowning slightly upset.

 

        “What’s wrong Kai” I ask while tentatively touching his arm, he looks up at me and sighs “It’s nothing Rose.” He gets up first and helps me up, “Alright now test out your power” I say and watch as he disappears and reappears behind me soundlessly. I notice that while using his power Kai’s eyes turn black completely which is different from Kris whose eyes got white swirls, Chen whose eyes got electric blue circles around his pupil and Luhan whose eyes got a shade lighter with honey colored specks.

 

        “Wow Kai, before one of the reasons I knew where you would reappear is because when you teleported you made noise. And now, you move like a ghost. No noise at all” I say proudly “Now all that’s left is for you to become less predictable.”

 

        “Less predictable, I think I can do that” he says with an evil smirk while looking at the guys sitting on the side lines who were engrossed in a round of rock paper scissors. Kai suddenly disappears and I watch as he reappears in front of Lay pinching his noise and disappears faster than the speed of sound. “What the hell!” I hear Lay shout and Baekhyun squeal and his pants fall down revealing his hello kitty boxers.

 

        Chanyeol burst out laughing but then was stopped as tape was suddenly put over his mouth. Baekhyun then burst out laughing as he had successfully pulled his pants up only to have them fall down again. “WHY!?” he shouts as Lay suddenly tripped over nothing.

 

        Kai reappeared next to me “I think I like them better that way don’t you?” he asks as he watches Chanyeol struggling to remove the duck tape from his mouth. I was too busy laughing to respond and he smirked “I think I have that unpredictable thing down” he winks before joining my laughter.

 

        I finally stop laughing and sit up looking at the boys, Baekhyun who was now blushing as bright as a tomato sitting down, Lay who looked pissed, Chanyeol who looked like he wanted to strangle Kai, and then there was Jane who was still laughing her off.

 

        Kai walked back to the sidelines and sat down beside Jane who was showing Kai something on her cell phone. Lay abruptly stood up and walked towards me but not before kicking Kai in the shin. “OW!” Kai shouted but Lay ignored as he bowed slightly to me. “I’m so happy it’s my turn now.”

 


Urgg -.- i apoligize for the late update, studing for exams is killing me T^T

I swear our teachers just want us all to suffer, giving us projects and presentations the week before exams TT_TT

Lol, anyway longish update to make up for the lateness ^^

And hope this chapter makes sense ^^ 

GIF SPAM!!!

Rotfl this made me laugh so hard XP