Prologue

1000 years of sleep

 

"Rose!" I sharply turn my head and duck just in time to avoid getting hit with the shuriken, "" I curse as I behead the troll behind me. "There's just too many of them!" screamed my partner Sara as she stabs one in the back, "I have to do it now! Before it's too late!" I holler, she turns towards me tears streaming down her face but nods knowing what I'm about to do.

 

Black wings sprout from my shoulder blades as I sore into the sky taking one of the trolls with me, it struggles in my grasp but I break its neck easily and bite into his neck drinking its green blood. In a few moments the troll is limp in my arms and its eyes roll back into its head as I let it fall back to the earth drained of its blood.

 

I look over the bloodied landscape my eyes a deep shade of green and let out a feral rawer. I raise my arm palm facing the ground at the trolls below and start reciting a chant that's been etched into my mind since before I can recall. I can feel the power of the world with me now as I say the last word ending it once and for all. “Die.”

 

I look down to see the heads of all the trolls bursting into a shower of green blood and chunks of their skin getting blown off as their screams for mercy pierce my ear drums. I look to the castle in which I had been living in for the past 3 months and memories flood my mind. “Rose” I hear Sara scream my name from a distance and look down to see her sobbing kneeling on the ground.

 

“Sara” I whisper and close my eyes and my mind goes blank as I fall from the sky my body and mind exhausted from the spell I had just cast landing with a thump.

 

Sara rushes over to my side with some others holding her breath hoping for the best, but freezes when she reaches me. Unable to handle the gravity of the situation even with the knowledge she has, she burst into tears and kneels next to my face brushing my hair back. “Rose” she croaks.

 

She looks up to the sky wondering why this world was so unfair as she knows you’ve gone to sleep and wont awaken for another 1000 years.