A one sided love story

The little princess and the big servant

Soojung smiled sadly after the revelation. Sul was speechless and didn't know where to begin the questionnaire. Lots of questions were forming in her head and at the same time, she felt guilty. She didn't notice her best friend sad or some evidently mood change in the past. 

The shorter girl just giggled, Sul really looked mortified even though it happened years ago and she was over it already. Even her memories were a little vague. 

"Sul" Soojung called but Sul was still lost in thought "SUL!" 

The shout made the trick and Sulli was snapped out of it. The guilt over took the tall girl and tears were already forming in the corner of her eyes. Before Soojung could do anything, her friend was on top on her hugging her tightly.

"I'm sooo sooo sorry baby. I didn't notice before! If I knew I wouldn't have invited hyung over! I'm a bad friend! Don't hate me!"

Sulli kept blabblering while Soojung patted her back. In some sadist way, this was funny. She even laughed and Sulli's ears perked up and she lifted her head at the level of Soojung's.

"YOU! And I honestly worried and the only thing you do is laugh" She whined

"But it was a long time ago" Soojung said and put a strand of hair behind Sulli's ear "I have almost forgot about that" She added without stop caressing Sulli's hair.

"It must have been important for you!" Sulli remarked and looked directly at Soojung's eyes"You always let it go or choose to not talk about it instead of doing and giving it a closure!"

Soojung's hand stopped and her hand retracted.

"Please, Soojung, what happened?"

Soojung looked away and closed her eyes remembering.

 

The pain was almost dull...

 

Almost...

 

It was a normal day of classes. It was a kind of boring day without Sulli but she still had her other friends. The classes were fine and there were no club activities today. It was Friday but it wasn't a usual Friday.

 

Her unni was coming!

 

She was excited and was waiting anxiously for the school day to end. She missed her unnie a lot. They had Skype and they messaged almost everyday but it wasn't the same! 

The ring sung and Soojung almost fleed excited. She went out running and...

 

She was there!

 

Soojung's smile couldn't be bigger!

 

 

 

Sica was waving at her with the same expression of love and happiness

 

Soojung jumped into the arms of her unnie and hugged her tightly. Sica did the same. 

 

"My baby sis got so big" Sica said cheerfully "I have missed you so much, baby!"

 

Soojung just hugged her sister tightly. These moments were so precious. 

 

"Stay like that Sica-baby!"

 

A voice broke the sister's moment and a flash made her blind for a moment. 

 

"Just like that! You look so fine!"

 

Yuri was moving from side to side taking photos of her girlfriend. She needed them for her collection.

 

"I'm putting this in my Jung sis collection!" She said excited looking through the photo she has taken

"Yah, Yul! You are making me embarrassed" Jessica argued while still holding Soojung in her arms

"But you look so cute!" Yuri pouted and showed her the photos in her camera

"You still think I'm cute after all these years" The shorter girl said while putting down the camera slowly to make the taller one look at her

"Since I met you" Yuri said without a doubt

 

Jessica's hear melted

 

"Yul..." She whispered

"Yes, Sica?"

 

They were getting close slowly, hearts fluttering. Soojung saw how her sister's eyes were closing slowly and saw Yuri's did the same. She sighed.

 

These two!

 

"AHEM!" Soojung said loudly waking up the duo from their trance. 

 

Jessica's first reaction was to push Yuri away with her hand. Cheeks red and a little out of breathe, she smiled at her sister embarrassed.

 

"Where do you want to eat, Soojung?. We'll take you anywhere you want to go!" She announced.

 

Soojung just rolled her eyes and sighed.

 

These two were still lovestruck birds after all these years. 

 

...

...

...

 

Saturday came. Her sister and Yuri has been staying with them for almost two weeks. They have been busy visiting friends and family. Most of them from Yuri's and after the long two weeks, the couple decided to take a break and laze around the house with the youngest member of the family.

 

Sica was sitting on the couch with Soojung watching some random movie while Yuri was upstairs searching for some DVD she bought for them to watch. 

 

 But every thought about the movie was interrupted by a loud thud. The sisters turned their heads worried in direction of the stair. The eldest almost ready to run in anything have happened to her girlfriend but instead of a loud cry...

 

"OMG OMG OMG OMG" 

 

The sisters looked at each other confused. Yuri sounded so...

 

 

 

 

 

...excited?

 

 

 

WTF?

 

 

Footsteps were coming in a hurry and the sisters waited anxiously to whatever got Yuri so excited. The tall girl appeared in front of them, eyes glimmering.

 

"Sica-baby! You won't believe this!" She squealed"LOOK! LOOK!"

 

Jessie's scrunched her eyes and got red in an instant

 

"YURI! Watch out!" She shouted putting a hand on Soojung's eyes "We have minors here"

Yuri's eyes almost popped out when she saw the photo.

 

 

Definitely it wasn't the photo she wanted to show!

 

 

"Unnie! Let me see!" Soojung whined"I'm almost 16!"

 

Yuri looked through her phone until she found the correct one. Without losing the smile she had when she went down, she showed it to her lover.

 

Jessica's eyes got big, mouth hanging open. 

 

 

She really did it

 

She let go of her sister's and put her hand on . Soojung took the opportunity and looked at the famous photo.

 

 

She couldn't believe it either.

 

 

 

"The stupid Amber finally got the courage to ask for her hand! OMG! Yoona just sent me the photo! I can't believe it!" Yuri squealed in happiness

"That Suzy girl waited for her like forever! It was time! Honestly!" Jessica added

 

Soojung watched the duo interaction but she couldn't hear what they were saying. Her mind and thoughts were long gone from the room.

 

 

She was getting married.

 

 

She was someone's else now.

 

She...

 

 

"We need to call right now! Everyone's in Amber's house! I want the details!" Yuri shouted

 

 

The shout broke Soojung's trance. She looked around and saw Yuri in the table using her computer. Her sister looked at her attentively, excited in some way too. 

 

"Sis?"

 

Jessica turned to see her with a pleased expression on her face. Soojung doubted for a moment but before she could say anything, Yuri was already in front of them, laptop on hand and talking in skype with someone.

 

"Let us greet the happy couple, Yoona! We don't want your ugly face!"

 

Yoona pouted and gave the laptop to Amber. The girl looked excited, happy. A mix of emotions that made her face glow.The sight of her friend made Yuri warm inside. Jessica thought for a little moment that Amber was cute.

 

Soojung was out of the screen. She could see the face of the short haired woman but she couldn't.

 

She mustn't see her.

 

Not now when she didn't know how to act.

 

Not now when she will just fake a smile and congratulate her.

 

Not now when she feel confused.

 

 

Silently she stood up and told her sister in a whisper she will go upstairs. Jessica nodded in agreement, too engrossed in the conversation to notice any change in her behavior.

 

Soojung knew it was better this way.

 

 

She closed slowly the door of her room and laid on her bed. The ceiling was the more interesting think to look up in these moment while she tried to order her thoughts. 

 

It was kind of useless in some way.

 

 

Being a 15 years old teenager wasn't easy.

 

Soojung buffed. This was stupid!

 

She hadn't seen her in ages! They even lost contact! She didn't know anything of her apart from the eventual commentary o photo that her unnie will show.

 

For God's sake, she didn't even have her as a Facebook friend!

 

She felt dumb now! Feeling sorry for a stranger's wedding.

 

"Dummy, dummy, dummy". She said to herself

 

Soojung sighed and rolled on her side. Her eyes went directly to one of the photos next to her bed.

 

She smiled warmly at the memory. 

 

Her hand went closer to the photo and caressed the image with her thumb.

 

 Slowly, she put the photo down.

 

She sighed and her eyes went to the chair in the room. She smiled at the plushie that sat there as if that chair was its after many years of being there.

 

" What am I going to do with you now? "

 

...

...

...

 

Yuri couldn't stop laughing at the details that the rest gave them. Jessica, normally more serious, couldn't do it either. The nervousness of Amber made her lost the ring and after she found it, lost it again in the living room. It has been a small party with close friends. 

"You have date already?" Yuri asked

"Well, not sure really. Maybe in a year or two. Suzy is still busy with the local theater activities"

"I don't think she wants to wait that much" Jessica added " she has been head over heels for you since...FOREVER! "

"I know" Amber's ears were already red"But we're still 25"

"At this point, it will takes ages for you to marry. You will marry in wheelchairs" Yuri added and laughed

"Like you?" Amber added jokingly

"What did you say? We ...we...we are marrying next year so you better shut up! I even have the rings!" 

"You went to buy the rings without me?!" Jessica asked furious

"Of course not, babe! I just... I just..." Yuri was getting nervous. Jessica was giving her the death glare and Amber was laughing like mad in the screen "Yah! Amber, do you want to see Soojung?!" She asked looking for a way out.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot where were you! Yes, madam! Is she there?"

"Yep, she was right next to..." Yuri turned her head to look for Soojung but the younger girl wasn't there anymore

Yuri crunched her eyebrows and looked at Jessica for an answer. The older girl didn't know either but before the could make assumptions, another voice broke their line of thoughts.

 

"Yuri! Jessica! Bring me Soju when you came back" Sooyung appeared showing Amber aside "Seohyun drank everything"

"I did not!Don't believe her, unnies"

"OMG! Seohyun! Your cheeks are red! Sooyung!" Jessica scolded

"Like I will bring you anything, you giant!" Yuri complained

 

The two engrossed in the conversation forgot the young girl upstairs...

 

...

...

...

 "And that was it" Soojung said "It doesn't matter anymore I think"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Soojung looked at her friend. They both sat on the floor hugging their knees. 

"Maybe I stopped thinking it was important to talk about it. I had enough of my sister and Yuri talking about it or showing me photos they got. Didn't want to continue talking or even thinking about it in school too. What was there for me? I didn't knew anything of her. She was already an adult"

"But..still.."

 

Soojung took Sulli's hand and played with it. Her fingers were more interesting than her heart to heart conversation.

 

"Like I told you, it was years ago, Sul. You have been there for me in my worst time. What else can I ask of you?"

 

"I know but..."

 

The talk was interrupted by the doorbell. Sulli looked at the door and then at her friend worried.

 

"If you want I can tell hyung that it's going to be just the two of us and we'll, go to another place"

 

Soojung denied with the head and stood up. Sulli followed all her movements. The delicate hand on the doorknob ready to open.

 

"It's ok, Sul" She reassured her

 

"It's ok" 

 

She reassured herself.

 

 

-+++++++++++++++++++++

 

Guuuuuuuuys!

I'm so so sorry. Thank you so much for all your comments and for the ones who read and re-read the story because they enjoy it. It's been so long and it was hard for me in some way too. I hope the story still has the same feeling as before. I have changed as a person and my way of thinking too in this time the story has been inactive, I hope it helps to make the story better. Thank you so much!

 

And, WELCOME!