Life goes on....a new friend is born

The little princess and the big servant

A young woman was running around the big auditorium. She seemed really worried about something or…someone. She sighed in frustration. She was obligated to see a Barney show and now that she wanted to go back home but…her reason of coming was lost.

 

‘’Se Ri! Where areyou?’’ A husky voice shouted exasperated ‘’Come back now or I will leave you’’

‘’Stupid Oppa!’’ A little girl shouted still hiding behind one of the seats of the enormous auditorium

‘’Se Ri! Don’t call me, stupid!’’ She whined back

‘’Amber stupid oppa!’’ She corrected herself

‘’I’m not stupid and I’m your unnie! Unnie!’’

 

Amber buffed.  It was Yuri’s fault! She fooled her! Agh! And now the brat was in some place she didn’t know. She began running around the seats until she spotted Se Ri between two rows.

 

‘’GOTCHA!’’ She shouted excited

 

Se Ri stuck her tongue, threw her backpack plushie at her and began running. Amber was so worried to catch the backpack that she forgot to catch Se Ri. The little girl was gone now.

 

‘’Hey! Don’t run! Se Ri!’’She shouted but it was useless

 

Suddenly an evil grin appeared on Amber. She knew how to make Se Ri obey her. She took out her cellphone.

 

‘’Se Ri’’ She called in a fake sweet tone’’ If you don’t obey, I’ll call your Jessica-umma and told her that her Se Ri has been very very bad’’

‘’I have Yuri-mama’’ She shouted back

‘’You know how useless is Yuri-mama’’’ Amber fired back

 

Amber smirked. She knew Se Ri didn’t know how to respond. Using Jessica was a threatening always positive. Hehehehe. The little girl appeared behind one of the rows that were near the stage while she was near the last ones. Se Ri looked at Amber pouting and the older just giggled. She came closer to Amber until she was just in front of her.

 

‘’Let’s go. Be a good girl and I will buy you an ice cream’’ Amber offered

‘’Ice cream?’’ Se Ri jumped excited

‘’Yup. What flavor do you want?’’

 

Se Ri made a thinking face. There were a lot of flavors she liked.  Amber chuckled seeing her so thoughtful. The little girl has grown up really fast. It seemed like she was still a baby yesterday. She caressed Se Ri’s hair.

 

‘’Maybe mango?’’ She asked

‘’I don’t like mango’’ Se Ri pouted ‘’I prefer peach’’

‘’Does it even exist?’’

‘’It does!’’ Se Ri assured

 Amber just raised an eyebrow. She has never heard of peach ice cream. Well…maybe it was possible if chocolate pizza exist.

‘’Ok. Let’s go’’

‘’Amber….up up’’ Se ri said while lifting her arms

The woman just chuckled and lifted the girl. She put her on her shoulders. It was Se Ri’s favorite spot since she was a toddler.

‘’Let’s go, pony!’’

‘’Ok. Ok’’

The two exited the big auditorium. The sunlight hit them in the eyes. In front of them was a perfect summer day. Almost all the parents and children were gone, they were the last. Se Ri admired excited the big playground in the middle of the park. It was bigger than the one near her house.

‘’Amber! Let’s go there!There!’’

Amber just looked curious at the place Se Ri was pointing.  There were a lot of kid playing excited and adults on the bench with bored faces. They walked closer and Amber put the little girl down. Se Ri almost went off running when a hand grabbed the neck of her dress.

‘’Wait a moment, little princess. Don’t go too far away and don’t go kicking boys, got it?’’

‘’But it’s no fun if I don’t kick any’’ Se Ri pouted

‘’I don’t want problem with moms later’’

‘’Boring stupid’’ Se Ri said

‘’Love you too’’ The woman leaned closer to kiss the little girl’s forehead’’Now, go play’’

Se Ri turned to the playground and went running to the slide. Amber watched her. Se Ri has grown up a lot. Yesterday she was a little baby and now she was 6 years old. Se Ri was a little version of Yuri but she got almost all the character of her other mom. She chuckled remembering the little bump with three black hairs on her head that Yuri proudly showed her…

She couldn’t make to the hospital because of work and without knowing two months already passed when she got a free time to visit the new mothers. When she got there, she was greeted by a sleepy Yuri who as soon as she saw her, gave her a big smile. The two entered the house and Yuri guided her to the door of a pink bedroom.

‘’Am…I want you to meet someone’’ Yuri said

The older girl opened the door and Amber chuckled at the sight. Jessica was lying lifeless on a sofa with a bottle on her lap. Yuri slapped her in the head to shut her up and we came closer to the crib. She took up gently the small bump.

‘’Hold her’’

‘’N-No….what if I drop her? Jessica will kill me’’

 ‘’Just do it, gently’’

Yuri came near and placed the baby between the two arms of the younger girl. Amber hugged her tightly afraid of dropping her. Surprisingly to her, the baby was as light as a feather.

‘’Are you sure you fed her? She is so light’’ She said

Yuri just chuckled ‘’Of course I do it, idiot. She is a big eater’’

The younger girl looked at the baby. She had three black hairs on hear head, chubby cheeks and….well….she couldn’t see the colour of her eyes because they were closed

‘’Her name is Se Ri’’ Yuri said to me’’Hey…Se Ri…wake up…you have a visitor’’ She whispered to the little girl

‘’You will cause her nightmares with that voice’’

‘’Shut up. It works. See?’’

The baby opened her eyes. She looked at her with her big black eyes. She was mesmerized for a moment. She is so beautiful. She lifted her hand a little and took a strand of her hair.

‘’Hi, little princess Se Ri. I’m Amber’’

She doesn’t know if she can understand her or not but she laughed. She…she…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She is toothless!

 

 

Amber chuckled at the sight of her toothless mouth. She laughed more when she noticed her laughing. Suddenly, her cell phone rang and all the young woman attention was on the person on line.

‘’Ok. I’ll be there by 5. Yeah. I love you too. No, I love you more. No, more more’’

 

The little baby saw the big girl in front of her wasn’t looking at her anymore. Why wasn’t she? Her umma and her mama always tell her that she is the center of their world. She will learn!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Wahhh! My hair! My hair! It hurts!’’ Amber whined

 

Se Ri was pulling her hair really strong. Why of all these years she decided to let it grow a little?

 

‘’Wait! Wait! I will help you! Se Ri! Let Amber go!’’ Yuri said

 

Yuri tried to release her friend but it was useless

 

‘’She sure is strong!’’ Yuri said amazed of her daughter

‘’Hey! Help me here and you can babble later!’’

 

Some months later, the younger girl was visiting the young moms. She sat next to Jessica who was showing her some of Soojung’s graduation photos.

‘’She has grown up a lot’’ Jessica said proudly

‘’Yeah. She has become more beautiful too’’ Amber said without thinking

She conserved some of her child features but she was already a woman. How many years has she been since then? She didn’t remember anymore. She didn’t know either if that young woman in the photo still remembered her. She was just a little girl back then. As if she can touch her, Amber touched the photo. Soojung…

Yuri noticed that and tried to do something for her friend. She needed to cheer her up but how?...All the problems were resolved when she spot her little daughter. She lifted her and put her on Amber’s lap.

 

‘’Amber! Se Ri learned how to clap!’’ Yuri said excited

‘’Really?’’

‘’Yes. Se Ri! Show her! Like this!’’

 

Yuri clapped her hands. Se Ri looked at her and then looked at her hands. Clap? How mama does it?

 

‘’Yuri…I think she doesn’t know’’

 

Why Amber was saying she can’t? Of course she can!

 

Se Ri lifted her little arms in front of Amber capturing her attention. Amber looked at her interested. Then, the little baby made her hands clap….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’’Wah! My cheeks! It hurts!’’ Amber whined

‘’Se Ri!’’Yuri shouted

 

 

Almost a year has passed since the birth of the little girl. Yuri was excited because Se Ri was starting to walk. For Amber, she walked like a drunken man but when she ran she looked more like a leopard. Anyways it was a sunny day. Yuri and the rest were preparing the bbq while she was just seated in the garden doing nothing. As usual Jessica showed her some of Soojung’s photos. Everything was okay until she saw that photo…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung was with a boy around her age holding hands. She looked so happy.

 

 

 

 

She didn’t know why but…she didn’t like that photo.

 

 

 

 It made her realize that Soojung wasn’t her little princess anymore. She was a grown up young woman now and Amber was now a person she used to be friends with.

‘’Crap!’’

She didn’t want this to affect her but it did. She looked for the 100th time the photo Jessica gave her. It was one with Soojung on the beach looking at the sunset. Why she was seeing it? Why didn’t she throw it?

Suddenly, someone pushed her making her almost let go of the photo. She didn’t need to turn to know who it was….

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Se Ri!’’

 

Se Ri just giggle, snatched the photo of her and went off running. Amber didn’t have time to reach. The bug was already gone!

 

‘’Se Ri! Come here!’’

 

Amber began following the little girl but Se Ri was good at hiding. When she heard her laugh near, the next time it was far far away.

 

‘’Se Ri!’’

 

The woman followed her all around the house but it was useless. She sat in the garden defeated

‘’ok. You won!’’ She shouted

 

Se Ri went off her hiding place. Amber stood up in a hurry and caught her.

 

‘’Gotcha! Now give me that photo’’

 

Because she didn’t know how to talk yet, Se Ri just shook her head. She was almost a year but she hadn’t said even mom or mama or anything similar.

 

‘’Why not? Give me that photo. It’s important for me’’

 

Se Ri shook her head again and lifted the photo with her hand. Amber was struggling to not drop Se Ri and catch the photo. It was difficult because Se Ri was moving her arm from left to right.

 

‘’Se ri, give me the photo!’’

 

Amber’s fingers were almost touching the photo when a gust of wind hit them. It was so strong that Se Ri let go of the photo.

 

‘’My photo!’’

 

But it was late….the photo already flew away. Amber just sighed and put Se Ri on the ground. Se Ri has lost her photo. She turned her back to the little girl. She didn’t want to see her now. If she did it, she could shout her or scared her and she didn’t want that. Se Ri felt guilty. She made Amber sad. She shouldn’t have taken that photo. She wanted to cry. Maybe if Se Ri hugged her…

 

The little girl went running to Amber and grabbed her shirt but Amber just shooed away.

 

‘’Not now, Se Ri’’

 

 

Se Ri was on the verge of crying. Amber was mad at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Ambe’’

 

 

 

 

Amber stopped walking and turned to see Se Ri

 

‘’What did you say?’’

 

‘’Ambe’’

 

‘’You! You! You are talking!’’ The young woman said excited

 

Amber lifted Se Ri and they began walking in circles

 

‘’You are talking, Se Ri! I’m so happy!My Se Ri is so intelligent’’
 

Amber began showering the little girl with kisses. Her Se Ri was talking now!

 

‘’Ambe! Ambe!’’

‘’Yeah. Yeah. I’m Ambe’’

 

The young woman was so happy that all the sadness was gone now. Se Ri made her the happiest girl in the world.

 

Amber chuckled remembering those times. Now she wishes that Se Ri hadn’t learned how to talk because she keeps calling her.  Since that day, they were inseparable. Sometimes, even Jessica or Yuri get jealous of the attention Se Ri gave her. She looked at Se Ri. She was near the swings now and a boy was next to her. Oh oh… It looked like the two wanted the same swing…

 

 

Crap!

 

Se Ri pushed the boy to the ground….

 

‘’Waaaaaaaaahhh! Moooooooom!’’ The little boy cried

 

Agh!

 

Amber ran to where Se Ri was, took her in her arms and began running off

 

‘’Amber! I want to use the swings!’’

‘’It’s not the time for that! Didn’t I tell you not to kick boys?’’

‘’But he told me I was ugly’’

‘’ok…Maybe just this one, he deserve it’’

 

The duo continued running. It wasn’t the first time Se Ri kicked a boy and they had to run to escape from the angry moms. The young woman was already a marathoner thanks to Se Ri.

 

Life with Se Ri was…

 

 

…definitely exciting.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I like Se Ri xD The servant has a new princess and she forgot about the other one :) Well....that's because life goes on. Don't you agree?

Last update of the week :(

 

See you next weekend :D