The brat always wins

The little princess and the big servant

 


‘’I want that!’’ The little girl shouted

‘’Too expensive’’ Amber said looking at the price tag.

 She definitely won’t spend more than a dollar in an ice cream. Soojung looked at Amber pouting. She wanted that ice cream and she will have it!

‘’This!’’

‘’No’’

‘’Please, please, please, please’’

Soojung began begging but she noticed that Amber wasn’t giving in. Amber was trying to not look at Soojun’s pleading eyes. She knew that if she looked, she will be doomed….for life.  The little girl looked at that floor. This stupid unnie was so stubborn. Why doesn’t she give in like her unnie or Yuri-unnie? Suddenly an idea popped up in her little evil mind.

 ‘’WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!OPPA IS SO MEAN!’’ Soojung…

 

 

 

 

 

 

…started crying.

Amber was freaking out. All the old ladies in the store were looking at her with disapproval looks. They were attracting even the people passing by’s attention.

‘’Calm down’’ Amber tried to shush Soojung but..

 

 

…It was of no use.

 

‘’AGH! OKAY!’’ Amber shouted and Soojun stopped crying. She took the ice cream and went to the cashier. The little girl gave her a smile and the cashier did the same but when she looked at the person who was going to pay…her smile changed to a glare. Amber gulped and handed the money.

 

‘’Thank you, stupid oppa’’ Soojung said

‘’You are welcome, princess’’ Amber said sarcastically

 

They kept walking. The day was really warm and the older girl didn’t want to go back yet. She spotted a park near.

 

‘’Princess. Let’s go there!’’

 

She looked at the little girl. Soojung looked at the park without interest. She wanted to go back but the stupid bought her an ice cream so maybe it wasn’t bad to do something that she would like.

 

‘’Okay’’

‘’Yes!’’

‘’But..’’

‘’But…what?’’

‘’Hold me!’’

‘’Eh?’’

‘’Hold me!’’

 

Soojung lifted her arms. Amber sighed. Even going to the park was becoming a difficult task.  

 

‘’ok’’

The older lifted her little friend. She was surprised. Soojung was really light. Did this girl eat at all? She crossed the avenue and left her on the ground. They kept walking and walking without saying anything. Soojung was busy eating her ice cream to talk until Amber spotted a child playground.

 

‘’Princess..want to go there?’’

 

The little girl looked at all the children gathered and shook her head. She didn’t like crowded place and it was difficult for her to make friends. She grabbed Amber’s hand and guided her for another route.

 

‘’Hey..what’s wrong? They have your age’’

‘’I don’t want to go there’’

 

Amber looked at Soojung. She was avoiding her gaze. The older girl didn’t expect her to be shy, especially because she was being bossy with here since the moment their first meet. Amber didn’t understand why. She was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice that they were walking holding hands until…

 

‘’Amber?’’

 

A male voice snapped her out her thought and her eyes landed on an Asian boy who was looking at her with curiosity

 

‘’Henry?’’ Amber blinked twice

 

Henry was looking at her friend and then at the little girl who was glaring at him. Who was she?

 

‘’What’s up, bro?’’

‘’Who is…?’’

‘’Who is he?’’

 

Before Henry could say anything…Soojung asked. Her tone was a little cold for a little girl. That thought scared Henry but Amber didn’t seem to notice it.

 

‘’He is Henry. It’s my best friend’’ Amber looked at Soojung ‘’Bro, she is Soojung, she is…’’

‘’Your girlfriend?’’ Henry asked and giggled.

 

Amber’s mouth was wide open. Her so called was best friend was laughing like on the floor.

 

‘’Hey…she is not...’’

‘’I didn’t know you were a pedo, Am’’ Henry continue laughing ‘’I will tell the other about this’’

‘’Don’t you dare..’’

‘’Bye Bye…little Mrs. Liu’’

 

Henry waved her hand at Soojung and began running.  Soojung waved at. Amber was frozen. Everybody will laugh at her on school. She was lamenting about her bad luck but she felt Soojung squeezing her hand.

 

‘’Oppa, I want another ice cream’’

‘’I’m not your oppa. Unnie! Unnie!’’ Amber tried to emphasize the last word but the little girl was looking at her with a poker face

‘’Ice cream, oppa’’

‘’No’’

‘’You can’t say no to Mrs. Liu’’

 

Eh?

Amber looked at her dumfounded…

 

 

Mrs. Liu?!

 

WTF?!

 

 

‘’You are not Mrs. Liu’

‘’He said I was’’

 

Amber giggled. Henry will pay for that later.

 

‘’Ok. Let’s buy some more and go to the house’’

‘’Yeeey’’

 

Soojung began jumping excited without letting go of Amber’s hand. Amber looked at Soojung amused. She behaved like an adult sometimes but she was still a kid.

 

 

Amber wanted to kill herself. Soojung made her watch all Disney’s princess movies. She has watched Snowhite, Cinderella, Little Mermeaid…she…she…

 

 

..she definitely will die today!

 

They were watching Sleeping beauty now. It was the last in Soojung’s collection. Thanks God! Amber tried to avoid looking at the tv and looked around.

 

AGH!

 

 

The room was a total mess!

 

 

There were cans of soda on the floor and a lot of candies envelopes. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to fill their stomach with junk food at all.  She turned her attention to the movie again. The prince was kissing the princess and they will be happy for ever. This story ! She has seen like 100 times already thanks to her sister!

She looked at the clock. It was 11 pm already and there was no clue of her stupid friend and her girlfriend. Anyway… it was time to take the brat to bed. She turned her gaze to Soojung and found the little girl using her shoulder as a pillow. Amber smiled. The brat looked so peaceful. She moved Soojung a little with her free hand but the princess was in a deep dream.

 

‘’Your highness… time to go to bed’’

 

Amber mumbled but Soojung didn’t move an inch. She sighed and tried to stand up without waking her up.

 

Yes!

 

She stretched her body, took the little in her arms delicately and went to Soojung’s bedroom. The older girl praised herself. It has been a good idea to tell Soojung to put her pajamas before they start the marathon of movies. Amber placed her on the bed trying to not her up. She bended a little and smiled when her mission was accomplished.  She tried to stand up but the Soojung was holding her t-shirt. Amber sighed and tried to release herself but the grip was strong.

 

Agh!

 

She stood up in an awkward position trying to think of a way to release herself.

 

‘’Unnie…’’

 

Soojung mumbled and Amber turned to see her. She noticed the closed eyes and the pained expression…

 

Soojung was calling her unnie…

 

Without knowing the reason...Amber went closer to Soojung. The older girl sat on the bed and put her arm around her. Soojung snuggled closer feeling the warmth. With her other hand Amber began caressing Soojung’s head trying to reassure the little girl…

 

‘’Unnie is here…’’

 

A smile appered on Soojung’s face. Amber smiled too. She will protect Soojung’s dreams. The older yawned and felt her eyes closing…