Last to know

The little princess and the big servant

Jessica caressed her sister’s head lovingly. She didn’t know what happened but when she was lying on the couch while Yuri was cleaning the mess of the party…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

… Soojung appeared crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She jumped on her and hid her head in her neck. Jessica was surprised at first but remained silent when she felt her neck wet. She just waited until her sister stopped because of exhaustion. Yuri sat need to her   worried.

 

 

 

 

They have never seen Soojung like that except when her parent’s left her for their trip.

 

 

 

Jessica sighed and Yuri took the little girl between her arms. She sighed too. Jessica kissed her sister’s forehead. Soojung was now sleeping peacefully. The couple continued admiring the little girl.

 

‘’I will put her in her bed now’’ Yuri whispered

 

Jessica nodded and Yuri was about to stand up but the bell rang. Jessica looked at her girlfriend surprised. It was late for visits. The older shrugged her shoulders and went to open the door.

 

 

 

 

She blinked her eyes twice.

 

 

 

 

 

The little girl stirred in her slept. The bell woke her up. She rubbed her eyes and sat properly on Yuri’s lap. She noticed her unnie looking at something. She gazed at the same direction and a big smile formed on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The kiss lasted for what it seemed like an eternity. They broke apart and Amber looked at the flushed face of Suzy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She couldn’t believe it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy just confessed to her and they kissed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was…. It was…

 

 

 

 

 

 

…unreal….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy lowered her gaze embarrassed. Amber haven’t answered her or said something at all. Maybe…she didn’t like her but… she kissed her too.

 

‘’I…’’ She started but she didn’t know how to continue.

 

 

 

 

She wanted to cry

 

 

 

‘’I’m so…’’

 

 

 

 

She would have finished her sentence if it wasn’t for the person in front of her’s lips that were sealing hers. Suzy closed her eyes trying to feel it more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was sweet.

 

 

 

 

 

Amber pulled apart and looked at the girl in front of her. She smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy was definitely cute.

 

 

 

The younger girl opened her eyes when she didn’t feel Amber anymore. The other girl was looking at her intensely as if she was searching for answer. Suzy took a big breathe and gathered all her courage ready to tell her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’I like you. Go out with me, please’’

 

 

 

 

Amber smiled sheepishly.

 

 

 

 

‘’I was going to ask you first’’ She chuckled ’’But you beat me’’

 

Suzy slapped her playfully and encircled the girl with her arms. She hid her head in Amber’s neck. The other girl returned the hug and they kept in that position for a while.

 

‘’People will think we are crazy’’ Suzy said

‘’Why?’’

‘’Because I’m hugging a big tiger now’’

 

They laughed. Suzy pulled apart a little to see Amber better.

 

‘’What are we now?’’ She asked

‘’I don’t know. What do you want us to be?’’ She asked teasingly and Suzy pouted

‘’I want to be your girlfriend’’

‘’Done! Anything more, my lady?’’

 

Suzy chuckled and pinned a little to kiss her on the cheek. Amber did the same and she began showering kisses to the girl below. Suzy giggled for the cheesy act but stopped when her cellphone rang. She cursed in her mind but answered it. Amber looked at her with curiosity.

 

‘’It’s my mom. She wants me at home right now’’ Suzy said disappointed ‘’I have to go’’

‘’Let me take you home’’

‘’Don’t worry. I’m big girl’’

 

They broke apart and Suzy started walking away but stopped in her tracks and came back to where Amber was. She gave her a short kiss on the lips and ran away embarrassed. Amber didn’t expect that and just stayed in the same position frozen.

 

‘’I will call you’’ Suzy said before disappearing

 

The older girl just waved at her until she didn’t see her anymore. She smiled to herself and began chuckling. She never expected any of that today. Her gaze went to the direction of the house of her friend but she realized it was already too late to bother them so it was better if she went home. She was going to start her journey when she noticed something very familiar between the bushes. She came near and held the object.

 

‘’What are you doing here, Amber?’’ She asked

 

But the plushie didn’t answer her. She just looked at her with her black eyes. Amber just shrugged her shoulders.

 

‘’Strange. Well… I’ll take you to Soojung tomorrow’’

 

She put the plushie under her arm and began her walk.   She was so happy that she couldn’t stop her from jumping while walking.

 

 

Suzy was her girlfriend now.

 

 

Everything was so perfect! She was so happy!

 

 

 

Nothing would change that!

 

 

She rubbed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them she was greeted by the sunlight. The girl smiled and turned her face to see the llama plushie looking at her. She took in her arms and hugged it.  The events of yesterday came to her mind and she hugged it tighter.

 

‘’Todays it’s gonna be a great day, Amber. But first..let’s take you back to the brat’’

 

The girl stood up and got ready to visit Suzy. Thinking about today’s plan. Maybe if would be better if she drop the plushie in the afternoon

 

 

Yeah…

 

 

She took the plushie and went downstairs. Her sister was laying on the couch and as soon as she noticed her, she raised her eyebrow. Her little sister was smiling like crazy and she even was humming. What’s wrong with her?

 

‘’What’s up with that face, nerd?’’

 

Amber just smiled at her and went to the door.

 

‘’I love you too, sis’’

 

….

….

….

 

After some hours, Amber bid goodbye to Suzy. She was so happy that she began jumping while walking. Luckily to her, she had a good physic and Soojung’s house wasn’t that far away either. She was jumping but stopped when she saw an adverstiment on one of the stores she passed by.

 

 

‘’2x1 in ice cream’’

 

  She smiled to herself and went in.

 

Soojung would love that!

 

 

Yuri sat next to her girlfriend and hugged her. Jessica hid her head in her seobang’s neck and closed her eyes. Both of them enjoying their moment together.

 

‘’Sica-baby…do you think we will be good parents someday?’’

 

Jessica pulled apart and looked at her with an eyebrow raised. Why Yuri was talking about babies? They weren’t even married yet.

 

‘’Why?’’

‘’I liked taking care of Soojung and I was just thinking about it’’

‘’If you want babies…you take care of them’’

‘’Eh? You are a mean’’ Yuri whined’’I want to take care of them with you’’

 

Yuri pouted and Jessica chuckled. She came near and placed a kiss on her girlfriend’s cheek.

 

‘’Ok. But I won’t be the one getting pregnant’’

‘’But..but…my figure!’’

 

She worked out hours in the gym and if she was the one to get pregnant…her slim waist won’t be that slim anymore! Jessica watched Yuri’s expression amused. She didn’t know that talking about babies was so fun! Yuri kept imagine how horrible it would be until the ringbell caught her attention. She went to the door and opened it.

 

‘’Yo!’’

 

Yuri blinked her eyes surprised.

 

‘’Amber?’’

‘’Who else?’’ The girl said excited ‘’Look! I bought ice cream! 2x1! I’m cool, right?’’

 

Yuri just stood there dumfounded. Amber passed by her and looked at the insides.

 

‘’Where is Soojung? I bought mango ice cream just for her’’

 

The short haired girl kept walking followed by Yuri. Amber stopped in the living room when she noticed Jessica. She waved at her and Jessica waved back slowly. Her gaze fall on Yuri asking for an explanation.

 

‘’I also brought Amber. I found here laying on the park’’ She said pointing at the llama below her arm ‘’Well… I will go to Soojung’s bedroom’’

 

Amber turned her back at the couple and began walking. Yuri wanted to eat all her nails. She didn’t know how to say this.

 

‘’Amber....you can’t’’

 

The younger girl stopped and turned to see them. She raised her eyebrows surprised.

 

‘’Is Soojung sick?’’

 

Yuri shook her head and grabbed Amber by the shoulders. She made her took a seat next to Jessica and she kneeled in front of her.

 

‘’Soojung is at her home’’

‘’Really? Then…can you give me the direction? I need to give Amber back to her’’

 

Amber looked at them excited. She wanted to visit Soojung’s real house. It would be fun! Yuri bit her lips. This was hard and Amber wasn’t helping at all.

 

‘’I can’t’’ Yuri said and Amber looked at her strangely

‘’Why?’’

 

Agh! Yuri didn’t want to continue. She didn’t want to see her friend sad. Jessica noticed that and decided to do it herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’She lives in Korea’’ Jessica finally said

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber blinked twice. Still processing the information.

 

‘’Koreatown? I’ve been there. It’s cool’’

 

Jesssica shook her head and Yuri sighed. The younger girl looked at them confused until she processed all the information…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung lived in Korea? WTF?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’She just came here to visit us. My parents came yesterday to pick her up and they left this morning’’

‘’This morning?’’ Amber repeated softly

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She spent all her morning with Suzy. But…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…she didn’t know

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Why didn’t Soojung tell me?’’ She asked more to herself than to the couple

 

 

‘’My parents came by surprise. They were supposed to pick her up in two days. It was…unexpected’’ Jessica explained

 

 Amber held the llama tighter. She didn’t have the opportunity to say goodbye to Soojung and now she was in Korea.

 

‘’Why didn’t you call me?’’ She asked looking at Yuri

‘’I wanted to but when I told Soojung to call you, she refused to do it’’

 

The girl crunched her eyebrows. Soojung didn’t want to talk to her?

 

‘’Soojung has been sad since yesterday. She went out to say goodbye to you but after some minutes she appeared crying. She cried more when she noticed that she lost the plushie you gave her’’

‘’She went after me? But I didn’t see her…I was with Suzy’’Amber explained and looked at Amber searching for an answer ‘’ I don’t get her. What could she see that she even forgot Amber?’’

‘’We don’t know either’’ Yuri said ‘’Sica and I asked her but she didn’t want to tell us anything. We are sorry for not telling you but everything was so fast’’

 

Yuri felt guilty. Her friend seemed really sad for not saying goodbye to the little girl. Agh! Stupid Yuri…why didn’t she call Amber and made Soojung talk to her? Amber sighed and lowered her head a little. Soojung was gone….gone…but…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

….she will come back someday, right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’When will she be back?’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was worse. Now, Yuri wanted to get into a hole. She looked at her girlfriend for help. Jessica nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Not anytime soon. This occasion was different because it was my parent’s honeymoon but normally we are the ones who go to visit her in Korea. Soojung is busy with school and my parents work all the day so I don’t think she will…’’ Jessica couldn’t even complete the sentence when she noticed the darker mood of Amber.

 

Even the ice princess felt sorry. Yuri noticed that and tried to lighten up the mood. She patted her friend’s back.

 

‘’Yeah…Amber…how can you be stupid. Didn’t you ask yourself for a moment why you hadn’t seen Soojung before or why she used unnie or oppa?’’

 

Amber looked at Yuri for a moment and lowered her head again. Yeah…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How can she be so stupid?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She didn’t notice. Even her Korean friends did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica noticed Amber’s more depressing mode and gave Yuri a killing glare.

 

‘’Seobang….you are not helping’’

‘’Sorry’’

 

 

Amber let out a big sigh and stood up. She looked at Amber for the last time and caressed her head. The llama looked at her with her big black eyes. How much she wanted to punch them now. She gave it to Yuri.

 

‘’I will get going then. Make sure Amber goes back to Soojung’’

 

The girl waved her hand at the couple. She gave them a weak smile and got out of the house. Yuri and Jessica watched her until the door closed.

 

‘’She will be fine’’ Jessica said trying to reassure Yuri.

 

She knew her seobang was sad for her friend.  Yuri nodded her head and her gaze fall on the spot where her friend was.

 

‘’Yah! She took the ice cream with her!’’

 

Jessica looked at her and threw her slipper at her stupid girlfriend. One moment she is worry for her friend and the next she is worried because there was no ice cream.

 

 

The girl kept walking without worrying where she was going to. Her mind was somewhere else. All the memories with the little girl came in her mind. Her smile, her face, her gestures…everything. Amber sighed. Soojung….

 

 

Soojung was gone now and probably she wouldn’t see her again. Why Soojung didn’t say goodbye? Doesn’t she like her anymore?

 

 

 

This was hard.

 

 

She never expected to miss the brat so much.

 

 

 

 

Why? Why?

 

 

 

 

Why Soojung didn’t tell her anything?!

 

 

 

 

Wasn’t she important for her? Wasn’t she her stupid?

 

 

 

 

 

 

She felt so angry that she threw the bag with ice cream. She kicked them with all her force. But…it was useless. Her anger wasn’t subsiding. She wanted to throw something else but…what?

 

 

She touched her head remembering the cap she put on this morning. She took it off and threw it away.  The cap landed some meters away.

 

Amber took a big breath. She needed to relax herself. She couldn’t be mad because a brat didn’t say goodbye to her. Because after all, that was what Soojung was…a brat.

 

 

 

 

A brat that she had the misfortune to meet.

 

 

 

 

 

She calmed down and noticed the broken ice cream. It was melted down now. The girl buffed and went to her cap. She kneeled down and took the dust off. She looked at the cap for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was her favorite cap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The one that Soojung gave to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah…

 

 

 

 

She was stupid.

 

 

 

 

 

Even if she kept saying that Soojung was only a brat…

 

 

 

 

 

 

... she knew it was a lie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She loved the brat. She missed her. She wanted to see her but…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…she was gone.

 

 

 

She didn’t know when she will see her again but if she knew something for sure is that…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…she will never forget her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She hugged the cap.

 

 

 

 

Yeah…

 

 

 

She will never ever forget her. Maybe someday she will see her again…maybe she won’t. She didn’t know what it will happen in the future. But the memories of their time together will be forever in their heart. 

 

 

 

Amber stood up and put the cap again. Her gaze went to the sky. It was clear and the stars were coming out. She smiled at the sight. It was beautiful.

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe…

 

 

 

 

Maybe Soojung was watching the same stars.

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…she would really miss her because….

 

 

 

 

 

 …the little brat stole her heart and didn’t give it back.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soojung is gone now :( But life goes on 

Well...you know the deal. 15 comments for an update. I will update often now ;)

I know that you don't even imagine what will happen next hehehehhe Want to give it a try? Tell me what you think will happen next