Closer

The little princess and the big servant

 

‘’Soojunggie, what are you doing?’’ Jessica asked with curiosity.

 

She came closer to her sister. Soojung was focused on drawing something. A lot of crayons and paper were scattered on the table. Jessica sat next to her and took one of the papers. It was a drawing of her and Yuri holding hands. She smiled. Definitely this was going to be on the fridge. There was a drawing of her parents too. She took a peek of Soojung’s new drawing. There was little girl, Soojung of course,  and a…boy?

 

‘’Soojunggie…who is him?’’ Jessica asked confused

 ‘’It’s not him, unnie’’ Soojung hissed and looked at her unnie pouting’’ It’s Amber and me’’ Soojung answered her ’’Look, unnie, I even drew a basquet ball next to her’’

 

Jessica looked at the picture. Amber and Soojung were holding hands. They both had happy faces and Amber was holding a ball with her left hand while Soojung had a big ice cream. There were also a lot of…animals? around them.

 

‘’What’s this, Soojunggie?’’ Jessica pointed at the strange animal

‘’There are llamas’’

‘’Llamas?’’ Jessica raised her eyebrows confused’’Why llamas?’’

‘’Amber’s friend told me that they call Amber ‘’Llama’’ because she looks like one, especially when she smiles’’ Soojung explained

 

Jessica pictured the girl and a llama next to her. Um. They definitely looked alike. She nodded her head in approbation. Jessica looked at her little sister. She was putting a lot of effort on her drawing. She caressed Soojung’s head.

 

‘’Are you going to give it to Amber?’’ She asked.

‘’Yup’’ Soojung said excited ‘’ I will make her put it on her bedroom’’ She said confidently.

 

 Jessica just smiled. Soojung was really sad when their parents left her but these days she seemed really happy.  Jessica looked at Soojung’s features. Her sister was definitely cute and she looked a lot like her seobang. Soon her attention landed on something else,  she looked at the red mark on the calendar and sighed. These two months have been wonderful with Yuri and Soojung but…

 

..

..

 

Amber was busy ordering her locker. She wanted to make it look presentable but her locker still seemed like a mess. She sighed and looked in search of a trash bin. Soon her eyes landed on a black haired girl who was walking lost in thoughts. Amber smiled at the sight. She was really cute. The girl kept walking without looking that she didn’t notice the abandoned banana peel and stepped on it. She closed her eyes prepared for the impact that never came.

 

‘’Suzy. You need to see where you are going’’ Amber said amused

 

Suzy opened her eyes and her face became instantly red. Amber was holding her. They were really close. She nodded nervously and gave Amber a shy smile. The older girl just chuckled.

 

‘’You are cute, Suzy’’ She said.

 

If it can be possible, Suzy’s face reddened…more. Amber raised her eyebrow and brought Suzy closer to her with her right arm while her left arm went to the girl’s forehead.

 

‘’Do you have a fever?’’ Amber asked worried.

 

Suzy shook her head negatively and Amber just smiled. She helped Suzy stand up. Amber placed her hand gently on Suzy’s cheek.

 

‘’Are you sure?’’ She was still worried

 

Suzy nodded and smiled again. She was happy because Amber was worrying about her. She looked up to Amber. Their eyes met and her gaze went for a minute to her friend’s lips. Amber noticed that and without having control of her body, she leaned a little. Suzy closed her eyes waiting and Amber her lips. A little more…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’STUPIIIIIIIIIIIID!’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They jumped away from each other. Amber was holding her chest. For a moment, she thought she would have a heart attack. She looked at the source of the familiar voice.  Soojung was a few lockers away waving and there was someone behind her… someone she knew so well and laughing her off of her…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jackie…

 

 

 

Her sister noticed Amber’s glare and laughed louder. Amber stuck her tongue out but her attention was diverted. Soojung came running in her direction and jumped a few inches away from her. Amber opened her arms just in time to catch the flying princess. Soojung hugged her neck tightly.

 

‘’What’s up, princess? How did you get here?’’  Amber asked

‘’Jackie brought me’’ Soojung explained.

 

Amber did get that Jackie brought her but why? Jackie came closer still giggling and greeted Suzy. She focused her attention on Amber again.

 

‘’Soojung went to the house to play with you but you were already at University so I told her we could visit you. Sorry for interrupting you. We didn’t know you were busy’’Jackie said emphasizing the last part.

 

Amber and Suzy blushed deeply. Jackie had caught them in a rather embarrassed situation. Amber wanted to punch herself…what if Soojung saw them? She will start to make her a lot of embarrassing questions she was sure she didn’t want to answer. Soon her attention was focused on a little girl who was pocking her cheek.

 

‘’Your face is red, stupid. Are you sick?’’ Soojung asked her worried

‘’Nop. It’s just too hot today. Don’t you think?’’

‘’Yeah’’ Soojung agreed ‘’Buy me a bubble tea!’’

‘’Are you already tired of the ice cream?’’ Amber asked amused

‘’Nop. You can buy me both’’ Soojung concluded and the older girl chuckled.

‘’Ok. Let me pack my things first’’ Amber said

She left Soojung on the ground and went back to her locker leaving the little girl with Suzy and Jackie. Soojung’s attention focused on Suzy. She kept looking at her and Suzy just smiled.

 

‘’Won’t you say hello to me, Soojung?’’ Suzy asked smiling

 

Soojung looked at her with an expressionless face. Suzy shivered a little. Why Soojung was glaring at her? She kept smiling hoping that Soojung will do something apart from looking at her. Jackie noticed the awkward atmosphere. It was really tense.

 

‘’Soojung, why don’t we wait for Amber at the entrance?’’ Jackie suggested.

 

Soojung nodded and took Jackie’s hand. Before started walking, the older girl came near Suzy.

 

‘’Good luck with my sis. This is your chance’’ She whispered and winked at Suzy.

 

Suzy nodded while she looked at the two figures disappear. It was now or never. She turned to where Amber was. She will do it.